What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths will have five captains this season

Eels Dude

Coach
When you break it down it isn't as ridiculous as it sounds;

- Sam Burgess and Roy Asotasi will spend most of the year injured
- John Sutton is on the field but you wouldn't know it

So really they just have King & Crocker as Co Captains

Crocker will spend 80% of the time on the bench... that's if he plays at all. King will sit on the on the right hand side where he won't see any ball because Souths don't have a halfback. Looks like Inglis will get his chance at captain after all.

That's what the vice captain is for. I dare say most teams would have a leadership group made up of senior players and only 1 captain which i can see the logic in, but 5 captains is just downright f**king geniused :lol:

It almost becomes counter intuitive. When you have that many captains the role of captaincy has to be devalued, so much so that you might as well run out with 0 f**king captains.

Having a 3rd of your team as captains is too many

Eels Dude

Coach
It almost becomes counter intuitive. When you have that many captains the role of captaincy has to be devalued, so much so that you might as well run out with 0 f**king captains.

Having a 3rd of your team as captains is too many

It sounds like playing sports in primary school...

Coach: Ok who wants to be captain?
All the kids: Me, me me me
Kid 1: I said it first
Kid 2: No I did
Kid 3: Well I said it the loudest
Kid 4: You'd suck at captain
Greg Inglis: Murph Murph Murph
Coach: (giving in) Okay okay you can all be captain.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I can totally see the logic now...

Maybe if we make Sutton captain he won't be a useless merkin who shows up once every 10 games, but we can't have him be the only captain in case that idea fails... Lets add the existing captains... Crocker and Asotasi, oh wait, they get injured all the time... Lets add Burgess, shit he's the same... King signed up recently, he's usually on the paddock regularly, give him the gig too.

Pure genius really. Only at souths, they never cease to entertain.

joshie

Live Update Team
Their loss to Warrington was a lack of leadership, I say they need a few more captains to get it right.

POPEYE

Coach
Me ole mate poptart once again reveals his true purple colours.

Only you could read something like that into it. There's a song about you slow man.

If I were you I'd be more concerned that SW is another who thinks he can make mincemeat from rednecks . . . and you've been done yet again.

So far I've read nothing that indicates he is not another redneck hunter

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Only you could read something like that into it. There's a song about you slow man.

If I were you I'd be more concerned that SW is another who thinks he can make mincemeat from rednecks . . . and you've been done yet again.

So far I've read nothing that indicates he is not another redneck hunter

I liked the part where you didn't make sense.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Never bothered to contemplate what tldr represents . . . bet it is scholarly

If the thought has crossed your mind not to bother contemplating something in essence you have.
Follow the great AlwaysGreen's life lessons little man and you will one day move from dope to mediocre.

POPEYE

Coach
All here know I have no need of redneck codes nor comic book plagiarism to make a point.

It is very hurtful of you however to say that there is something I could learn from you . . . very bad taste indeed

Why should I listen to someone who claims to be mediocre. See . . . you've done it again you melon

Last edited:

Latest posts