What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward, Do ya Love him yet

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Moylan
2. K. Naiqama
3. Idris
4. Whare
5. Nabouli
6. Peachey
7. Wallace
8. McKendry
9. Segeyaro
10. Kite
11. Manu
12. Yeo
13. Taylor

14. Cartright
15. Latimore
16. Plum
17. Brown

18. Docker
19. Robinson

Mansour will hopefully get picked for the Blues.

franklin2323

Immortal
1. Moylan
2. K. Naiqama
3. Idris
4. Whare
5. Nabouli
6. Peachey
7. Wallace
8. McKendry
9. Segeyaro
10. Kite
11. Manu
12. Yeo
13. Taylor

14. Cartright
15. Latimore
16. Plum
17. Brown

18. Docker
19. Robinson

Mansour will hopefully get picked for the Blues.

That would be my team as well though knowing Ivan. Brown will be on the wing to replace Mansour

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd play Blake before Nabuli

That works or Will Smith on the wing. Bottom line for me is Wing is the easiest to fill. Yet none of the outside backs in the competition leading NSW Cup team were good enough to play.... No chance any will fill the most important position

mxlegend99

Referee
Blake made some shocking errors too. The whole team was below par. But they're still winning. Got the right culture at least. I think they will play harder in first grade.

franklin2323

Immortal
Blake made some shocking errors too. The whole team was below par. But they're still winning. Got the right culture at least. I think they will play harder in first grade.

They aren't regular 1st graders down there some never will be. They are options and should come in if Injuries occur

maple_69

Bench
We know Ivan will always be conservative with selections. So maybe he doesnt throw Blake or Nabuli or Smith in but Naiqama has earned a few chances. So many guys who could come in. Its only one loss but I dont think the side would suffer from a bit of rotation. We have the depth and we likely have at least 13 games on the run from here.

mxlegend99

Referee
Experience should be irrelevant now. No point picking an average winger because he has experience for a dead rubber match. Might aswell give someone with potential a crack and get them some experience for next years Origin series. If he can't get a run with Morris and Hopoate injured in a dead rubber match, he will never ever get picked in an Origin match.

The Teach

Juniors
Moylan
Mansour
Idris
Whare
Blake (outside whare)
Peachey
Wallace
McKendry
Segeyaro
Kite
Manu
Docker
Taylor

Cartwright
Brown
Latimore
Plum

That would be my team. I think Blake outside Whare would be a lethal combination, plus Deano would help reading defence for Blake. As 18th man, I'd have Yeo cos he can cover warm-up injuries in the backs and forwards.

franklin2323

Immortal
Moylan
Mansour
Idris
Whare
Blake (outside whare)
Peachey
Wallace
McKendry
Segeyaro
Kite
Manu
Docker
Taylor

Cartwright
Brown
Latimore
Plum

That would be my team. I think Blake outside Whare would be a lethal combination, plus Deano would help reading defence for Blake. As 18th man, I'd have Yeo cos he can cover warm-up injuries in the backs and forwards.

That's the thing we have the best defensive centres we can afford to play any outside on the wing and do a job. DWZ is back next week though has missed 4 weeks so not sure if he will come in via NSW Cup

Kilkenny

Coach
The news that the injury sustained by Soward is only relatively minor is great news. We need him fit and well for the rest of the season. Here's hoping he is 100% fit for the weekend which will be a huge boost.

TheFrog

Coach
From Phil Gould's article in the SMH today:
Jamie Soward – what the doctor said!
This is what the Panthers club doctor reported after Jamie Soward’s scans were conducted on Monday evening. “The MRI scan on Jamie’s ankle is extremely interesting and explains all of his symptoms. Jamie has a lesion called an ‘‘os trigonum’’. This is an accessory ossicle (a small bony lesion that sits behind one of the bones in the heel called the talus) that is not present in everyone and is normally asymptomatic. It is connected to the talus by way of a fibrous band. In Jamie’s case, this accessory ossicle is particularly prominent.
Apparently, this fibrous band has been torn and the ossicle is now unstable. With the movement of the ossicle the tendon of one of the muscles in that area (the FHL) has slipped and is getting caught between the ossicle and the talus. This would explain why he was getting symptoms up into the calf. It would also explain why he had ‘‘pain in the Achilles tendon’’: The pain was not actually in the Achilles tendon but was rather over the site of the fibrous band of the ossicle. As a result of this tear, there is a lot of inflammation and swelling in this area”.
What the hell does that mean?
“So Doc, in layman’s terms, do we shoot him and put him down, or is he right to play?”
“We shall see” was the definitive reply. I love doctors!

Latest posts