What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward fires back on rumours

Breathingfire

Juniors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBqQZlhonIA&feature=related

Just watched this youtube video and I don't think anyone should bag Soward. He was instrumental to that premiership and at 27 years of age there is no reason why he cannot provide the same sort of impact for the Dragons moving forward.

The criticism of Hornby and Cooper is warranted because they have played on too long but Soward still has some good years ahead of him and I hope he stays on next year and beyond.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If anyone should be copping the blame in the halves it is Hornby. He has made some real crucual mistakes this season. I can't really recall Soward making an error.

A couple of times the Dragons have had teams under the pump defending off their line and Hornby has spilled the ball, He has kicked out on the full, passed when he could have gone homself, etc. Some real school boy type errors. He has also done some great stuff as well but more bad than good. I love the bloke but Hornby's time is surely up. If the club hang onto him well he also deserves that as well as he was the Captain the last 4 years and has been leading the club well. His leadership is second to none. It is a pity he nover got a Capt of the year award which he deserved. Lost that to Anasta. Looking back now how bad was that decision.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
DRAGONS five-eighth Jamie Soward has rubbished claims his relationship with coach Steve Price is at breaking point or that he is in negotiations with European clubs to get out of his contract next year.

''That's rubbish, absolute rubbish''

''Everyone that's been close around the team know that me and Pricey have got a great working relationship and we understand each other."

''I'm definitely here next year''

''I'm not that kind of bloke to fake it, and the club's not going to sink that low."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/soward-fires-back-over-rumours-20120801-23fnv.html

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
DRAGONS five-eighth Jamie Soward has rubbished claims his relationship with coach Steve Price is at breaking point or that he is in negotiations with European clubs to get out of his contract next year.
''That's rubbish, absolute rubbish''

''Everyone that's been close around the team know that me and Pricey have got a great working relationship and we understand each other."

''I'm definitely here next year''

''I'm not that kind of bloke to fake it, and the club's not going to sink that low."

Love Sowie. He will prove (and has) his worth. Absolute champ.

TruSaint

Referee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBqQZlhonIA&feature=related

Just watched this youtube video and I don't think anyone should bag Soward. He was instrumental to that premiership and at 27 years of age there is no reason why he cannot provide the same sort of impact for the Dragons moving forward.

The criticism of Hornby and Cooper is warranted because they have played on too long but Soward still has some good years ahead of him and I hope he stays on next year and beyond.

Yep. How quickly we forget. He is a game changer. People were quick to write him off. I have no doubt he is our X factor along with BMoz.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The report said he was doing contact with the cutters to try and pass fitness test. According to Jub Ave.

mickeylane

Bench
Plesse don't think for one second Soward was not dropped !! The injury was an excuse but now he's fit he's playing for Cutters!!! Never was playing 1st grade!! As reported on Monday!!!!! And don't delete my post!!!

The Assman

Juniors
Yeah an article was just posted on Illawarra mercury website. Its all good though he is champ he will bounce back.

Saint69

Juniors
Price has given an interview on the Dragons site saying that Soward will do a contact session with the Cutters and if he gets through that he will play with the Cutters on the weekend.

TheRev

First Grade
- What a bizarre news day, Mickey was spot on.. he has been dropped.

- But not sure what the point of Soward coming out today to comment that he wasnt faking the injury.. its almost like the club reacted to the rumour only today by admitting he has been dropped.. anyway.. thats a lot of pressure on Fien/Hornby, if either one bombs it this week, expect Soward back the week after.

- Seems like Hornby is a bit of a protected species though, he doesnt seem in any better form than Soward, difference probably that he is club captain.

hewi

Bench
In the loss to Souths i think he made 5 runs for 33 meters. He has not been playing well, he is a top class footballer down on his form. Lets hope he digs deep and comes back bigger and better than ever. One thing is for sure you cant knock his defence this year, huge improvement.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Respect for Sowie goes up another notch!

And respect for Price for not being scared to put him into the reserves to prove fitness.

DubaiSaint

Juniors
Cleary dumped Jennings and it paid dividends...

Kearney dumped Sandow (for mixed results)

Many coaches have sat a high paid player down and said your form isnt good enough and it generally works.

Soward will run against the nevilles and get some confidence.

He'll be back for finals!

DragonBuck

Juniors
-
- Seems like Hornby is a bit of a protected species though, he doesnt seem in any better form than Soward, difference probably that he is club captain.

The difference is probably that Hornby didn't walk out of the training session last week.

bmwpower

Juniors
But why would he be doing contract with the cutters and not first grade. It appears more true now that he did have a a fallout with price and they sent Jamie to get interviewed to cover up what happened. Im guessing he is training with the cutters as a punishment