What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*SPOILER* I can just see the media headlines now

thommo4pm

Coach
I didn't see our fans at the ground throwing things on the field when Ben Hornby was called back after being under the posts in the 1st half...
or
When Michael Weyman was penalised for a ridiculous obstruction call in the second half and we were about to score.
or
When Jamal Idris grounded the ball short of the line and did a double movement to score, not even referred to the video ref.

Should we Saints fans have thrown stuff on the field from where we were sitting in the grandstand, but if it was only plastic bottles would that have been ok? :roll:

20-18, end of story.

Kiki

First Grade
the majority of dogs fans are well behaved and respectful, why dont you condemn the minority of idiots throwing things instead of condoning it???

thommo4pm

Coach
the majority of dogs fans are well behaved and respectful, why dont you condemn the minority of idiots throwing things instead of condoning it???

You are right kiki. In the majority they were very well behaved last night.
Can't believe anybody is trying to defend idiots throwing things on to the ground though.
What if a ball boy turned around to look and the cap end of the bottle collects him straight in the eye....would that be ok, cause it was just an empty bottle?

Kiki

First Grade
exactly. and Dogs fans are passionate and dedicated and it was awesome to see so many of them there last nite. i cannot figure out for the life of me why some of them are condoning the ugly actions of a few. if it was Dragons fans behaving like that i would be blowing up at them.

watching it on TV it was very scary. Gould was freaking out and i was like ohhhhh crap this is not gonna end well.

players should not have to walk over and calm down their own fans.

if ive learnt anything its that fans actually take losses harder then footy players themselves (unless its a GF or something like that).

The General

Juniors
I didn't see our fans at the ground throwing things on the field when Ben Hornby was called back after being under the posts in the 1st half...
or
When Michael Weyman was penalised for a ridiculous obstruction call in the second half and we were about to score.
or
When Jamal Idris grounded the ball short of the line and did a double movement to score, not even referred to the video ref.

Should we Saints fans have thrown stuff on the field from where we were sitting in the grandstand, but if it was only plastic bottles would that have been ok? :roll:

20-18, end of story.

LMAO. You're an idiot. I've read this post in a couple of different threads. You seriously have to stop clutching at straws.

1. Goodwin lost the ball into Weyman. That has been and always will be a knock on and scrum. And even if it wasn't the ref blew the whistle so anything Hornby did after that wouldn't have happened because most Dogs players stopped.

2. It was an obstruction. And you were not about to score. You were 30 metres out. You had more then 50 tackles in our 20 and only scored 3 tries.

3. He grounded the ball over the line. The ref was standing ontop of it. No Dragons players around the ball questioned it. It was a try...I don't care how close your seat in the grandstand is .

/end rant

PS In no way do I condone bottle throwing. Those idiots have no place at our club. Just had to respond to lunacy by some Dragons supporters

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I didn't see our fans at the ground throwing things on the field when Ben Hornby was called back after being under the posts in the 1st half....

Your fans threw plenty of bottles. None reached the field though. They all hit spectators down the front. Possibly some throwing practice is required?

Unfortunately I was stuck right next to the clowns in the Dragons Army

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
or
or

20-18, end of story.
lolll FMD you dragon fans still whinge even when you "win" a game you all know you didnt deserve

StormChaser

First Grade
I can understand the anger and the Dogs fans wanting to vent that because IMO they were robbed. BUT, you just can't do that sh*t, and during a week when the game has been in the news for all the wrong reasons, it was piss poor timing!

thommo4pm

Coach
lolll FMD you dragon fans still whinge even when you "win" a game you all know you didnt deserve

No mate I'm not whinging, I'm just stating that there were calls that went both ways which you guys wants to seem to forget.

The General -
Idris played the whistle well and truly, Goodwin knocked the ball on, Weyman was still completing the tackle and had not played at the ball in anyway shape or form, so when Dean Young picked it up it should have been play on. Learn the rules. The ball was still alive for Saints not the Dogs. Young & Hornby played on, as did Idris who was beaten by Hornby. Watch the replay again and tell me Idris did not play on.

Weyman was in a gap with 2 blokes coming up in support and the fullback to beat. We may have scored, we might not of, it was a terrible call against Saints that I don't hear anyone mentioning or complaining about.

And I should just take your word on the Idris matter then I guess.

I do agree with you that those fans don't have any place in your club or footy in general.

thommo4pm

Coach
[FKN-SIK];5644299 said:
Your fans threw plenty of bottles. None reached the field though. They all hit spectators down the front. Possibly some throwing practice is required?

Unfortunately I was stuck right next to the clowns in the Dragons Army

If our fans were doing that, then that is just as bad and disgusting also.
I didn't see that from where I was sitting.

The General

Juniors
No mate I'm not whinging, I'm just stating that there were calls that went both ways which you guys wants to seem to forget.

The General -
Idris played the whistle well and truly, Goodwin knocked the ball on, Weyman was still completing the tackle and had not played at the ball in anyway shape or form, so when Dean Young picked it up it should have been play on. Learn the rules. The ball was still alive for Saints not the Dogs. Young & Hornby played on, as did Idris who was beaten by Hornby. Watch the replay again and tell me Idris did not play on.

Weyman was in a gap with 2 blokes coming up in support and the fullback to beat. We may have scored, we might not of, it was a terrible call against Saints that I don't hear anyone mentioning or complaining about.

And I should just take your word on the Idris matter then I guess.

I do agree with you that those fans don't have any place in your club or footy in general.

I think you should learn the rules. If an attacker loses the ball and it touches a defender it's a scrum, no matter if it was played at or not. It happens in every game, every week. And I don't care if Idris played the whistle. The rest of the defensive line stopped allowing Hornby a free run across field.

And Weyman wasn't in a gap. You're making **** up. He ran behind a teammate who obstructed a defender. Nothing wrong with the call.

I just find it stupid that Dragons fans are trying to justify a blatantly wrong decision that cost a team a game with bull**** examples of things that went against them.

El Diablo

Post Whore
9 had this ref decision as their lead story and said that League is in crisis over Clark's blunder lol

f**king numbnuts

thank f**k no bastard watches 9 news going off their piss poor ratings

thommo4pm

Coach
I think you should learn the rules. If an attacker loses the ball and it touches a defender it's a scrum, no matter if it was played at or not. It happens in every game, every week. And I don't care if Idris played the whistle. The rest of the defensive line stopped allowing Hornby a free run across field.

And Weyman wasn't in a gap. You're making **** up. He ran behind a teammate who obstructed a defender. Nothing wrong with the call.

I just find it stupid that Dragons fans are trying to justify a blatantly wrong decision that cost a team a game with bull**** examples of things that went against them.

:lol:
So if a Bulldogs player knocks it on, into a Dragons players leg, and then another Dragons player behind the one who's leg it hit picks it up, we have to come back do we? :lol:
Ever heard of a thing called "the greater advantage"?

Nothing wrong with the Weyman call, cause you don't want to think there was.

I just love how we are branded whingers when there has been nothing but bitching from you guys all day.
When Dragons fans blow up about a ref's decision we are sooks, but when you guys do it, it's ok cause the ref's were wrong. :roll: :crazy:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeh, throwing plastic bottles on the field is so dangerous :roll:
Anyone who does it can be ejected from the ground and arrested.

Make excuses if you like, but there's a very good reason why this sort of crap shouldn't be tolerated.

ramble_on

Juniors
Your just an idiot. Wasnt it dragons fans who spat at steve clark years ago?? Im surprised all they did was throw bottles on the field. Any teams fans would have done that.

The Dragons fan who spat on Clarke was an idiot... the dickhead who threw a coin was an idiot... the people who threw sh*t last night were idiots.... you are an idiot for claiming justification because someone else did it.. and all you're like minded friends are idiots....

don't throw sh*t on the field or at anybody regardless of how upset you are at rulings.... they ban you for life for that sort of sh*t... makes you an idiot....... simple really.....

and it wasn't the worst decision by a long shot... you're a bunch of f**king sooks.....

The General

Juniors
I asked mattyg a similar question, with no response :-k

If he doesn't have the guts to answer it, can any other doggies fans enlighten us?

Why would Dogs fans get upset at a call going against Penrith? That's just stupid logic.

Besides the outcome of that match didn't come into question until most people had left the ground. I'm sure the Penrith crowd would have been livid had they known there were 14 players on the field at the time. And who knows how they would have reacted.

Last edited:
Why would Dogs fans get upset at a call going against Penrith? That's just stupid logic.

Besides the outcome of that match didn't come into question until most people had left the ground. I'm sure the Penrith crowd would have been livid had they known there were 14 players on the field at the time. And who knows how they would have reacted.

It was more the disallowed Jarrod Sammut try, which (despite the doggies 14-man fiasco) whould have won us the game. Everyone who saw the game (bar the ref) saw that it was a fair try. It was even acknowledge during the week by people like Harrigan & Finch that it should have been awarded.

Latest posts