What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOILERS: Eels vs Roosters Match Thread

NumberOne

Juniors
Story of our season really....up 12-0 with 10 to go....lose 13-12 in Extra Time...Hayne bombs another try (or at least try scoring opportunity) by thinking he was playing for Sydney FC instead of the eels....also threw his weekly 3 passes to the ground...although he did score a nice individual try.

Really feel for Fuifui though. His mistake ultimately lead to the winning Anasta field goal... he didn't deserve that, having been our best all year.

On a positive, Mannah and Maitua were very strong. Hicks had a solid game as well for his milestone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I posted this in another thread but dammit! You people have a right to know the truth!

If the opposition would play us up the middle all game we'd be fine.

Thing is, when we get a lead and the end of the game approaches, the opposition get desperate and start throwing it around and we just have no answers.

We're far too slow on the edges. I reckon our lack of centres is a bigger problem than our lack of halves. At least you can defend without halves.

Kiwimation

Juniors
Just not the eels season. Might as well grab the wooden spoon now and make some cupcakes. they might do well at that.

First post summed it up - story of our season and really, shows our ineptitude.

Ryles dropped that ball - but we should have won the game earlier. We got to the lead, players were going through the motions (*cough* Keating).

Fui didn't lose us the game - he was our best tonight and has been all year. Blame the others like Hayne for being a show pony instead of taking the safe option.

We deserve the spoon - officially.

Delboy

First Grade
Just got in from the game, so I will upset a few fans. Burt should be only considered as a back up, has lost his pace, missed an easy field goal and made the worst feeble effort of a tackle to concede the try that effectively cost us the game.

Whilst as usual Jason Robinson did his best to give the game to the Rooters, that was terrible from Luke, summed up the way he has played for a while.

Great club man etc, but that tackle had to be made, think he thought he was playing touch. Apologies for the rant, but being a season ticket holder for over 30 years it ticked me off, with halves and a 3/4 line we will be a pretty decent team next year, but Luke , ouch

EELICIT

Juniors
Lets hope these loses put hair on the chest of our players because they sure as hell need some !

TheParraboy

Staff member
Lets hope these loses put hair on the chest of our players because they sure as hell need some !

robi-chest.jpg

MrT

Juniors
Story of our season really....up 12-0 with 10 to go....lose 13-12 in Extra Time...Hayne bombs another try (or at least try scoring opportunity) by thinking he was playing for Sydney FC instead of the eels....also threw his weekly 3 passes to the ground...although he did score a nice individual try.

Really feel for Fuifui though. His mistake ultimately lead to the winning Anasta field goal... he didn't deserve that, having been our best all year.

On a positive, Mannah and Maitua were very strong. Hicks had a solid game as well for his milestone.

you mean the refs mistake. The ball was stripped

Eelogical

Referee
I couldn't get into this game. 1'st grade my arse. I turned it off after 30 minutes of the first half and came here for some consolation....my gut feeling told me it was going to be another loss. Lucky I have a replay of the ladies 1969 lawn bowls final in b/w courtesy of the ABC to liven my night up.

howardjones

Juniors
I have said this before in another thread.

Like it or not, until Hayne's ego is put in place, Parra will suffer.

He is dumb. He is unable to make the right decision under pressure. He goes missing.

The boneheads at Ch9 can talk him up all they want.

Sandow/Roberts/Hayne....three loose canons and not an organiser between them.

Just got in from the game, so I will upset a few fans. Burt should be only considered as a back up, has lost his pace, missed an easy field goal and made the worst feeble effort of a tackle to concede the try that effectively cost us the game.

Whilst as usual Jason Robinson did his best to give the game to the Rooters, that was terrible from Luke, summed up the way he has played for a while.

Great club man etc, but that tackle had to be made, think he thought he was playing touch. Apologies for the rant, but being a season ticket holder for over 30 years it ticked me off, with halves and a 3/4 line we will be a pretty decent team next year, but Luke , ouch

You are kidding me ain't you Del,

Seriously mate, the game was lost 7 minutes before that when the team as a whole "fell in the hole".

When the 65th minute rolled around, everyone around me could tell we were a spent force, and 2 tries latter it was shown on the scoreboard.

We talked about fitness as a reason to dismiss the previous coach, this club can't go 65 minutes without falling in the hole. But I don't think it is physical fitness, it is mental, they can't compete in tight situations as a team. Singling out once performance is just looking for excuses. We need to find the real reason, if we even hope to be competitive next year, regardless who is joining the club.

mickdo

Coach
Ryles drops it, Fui gets it stripped. I'd love to know who broke a mirror or walked under a ladder this year, cos' we've had way more than our fair share of bad luck and rough calls.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ryles drops it, Fui gets it stripped. I'd love to know who broke a mirror or walked under a ladder this year, cos' we've had way more than our fair share of bad luck and rough calls.
Lets hope we get all that bad luck out of the way this year :(