What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Spoilers* Raiders v Tigers

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All I was doing was stirring the pot mate - take it as you like. I'm glad you guys pulled it from the fire because it means my mob is still well & truly in the hunt :D

Lego_Man

First Grade
Surely if you claim the Tigers are on zero premierships, that means St George Illawarra are on zero premierships as well?

I'm sure both sets of fans would beg to differ.

Raider Ultra

Bench
As a footnote, gee Wests have some scummy fans. Every club has them, but the Tigers seem to have a higher percentage.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider Ultra said:
As a footnote, gee Wests have some scummy fans. Every club has them, but the Tigers seem to have a higher percentage.

And theyre all laughing at you blokes tonite.:lol:

Eddie.

Bench
Raider Ultra said:

As an aside,

geez you're a fool mate.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lego_Man said:
Surely if you claim the Tigers are on zero premierships, that means St George Illawarra are on zero premierships as well?

I'm sure both sets of fans would beg to differ.

Spot on mate.

Saints, Wests, Cronulla, NZ, NQ, all won f**k all.

vlad

juniors
innsaneink said:
OMG!

Its contagious this whinging and blaming.

Must be the water down there.

Now I hear on Radio Matt Elliott is whinging and bitching, claiming Wests were offside all day, and he reckons Farahs try should have been a no try.

Surprise surprise, sounds like many posters here....now when your coach starts to sound like footy forum net posters.....well, you know youre in trouble.:lol:

funny Elliott didn't complain about Croker's high shot on Benji when he was about to score .

Raider_69

Post Whore
great game out there, congrats tigers, good win, might or might not have been different if the injuries to smith and adamson were sustained but you can only play whats infront of you and the tigers did that.

With those injuries in mind i was proud of the raiders today, and to think even without them toward the end we were a few missed oppertunities away from knocking over one of form teams of the comp :D

Hodgson was easily the tigers best and Prince was awesome too. Didnt think Benji did all that much today, was keep quiet most of the game by the raiders defence.
For canberra, Carney was killing it the first half, just showed some glimpses of what he is capable off, he was best on the park for the first 40 minutes IMO. With time and experience in the top grade hopefully he'll learn to take control more when needed but i cant fault his performance today.

Miller was sensational once more, this kid is just made for playing footy, he runs hard, straight and keeps the legs pumping, what a great find for the raiders this season. Miller is an out and out champion :D

colonel_123

Juniors
A win the Tigers needed to have, showed they can grind out a win when the chips are down. Totally out played the Raiders in the second half.

On the Farah try, first point the grounding. The camera angles were inconclusive but I believe Archer had a better view that the cameras. He clearly yelled out indicating that he could see the ball on the ground. That's good enough for me, why go to the video ref when the referee is of the opinion that he can clearly see the ball touching the ground.

That said, Farah did touch the marker in front of him. Elliot claims there was a memo sent around stating that such a play would be ruled no try. If this is the case, Farah clearly touched Skandalis so it would be no try.

But either way I don't think it decided the match. The Tigers were totally out playing the Raiders in the second half and I think they would have won, regardless of that desicion. It would have been classed away along with the Fitzhenry no-try (the right decision) and the try Marshall would have scored had he not been taken high by Croker.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Not that i want to whinge about refereeing as we lost the game due to our inability to execute and make the final pass stick but there is decent evidence at the Raiders GH forum to suggest the hindmarsh held up was also a try. But thems the breaks. We didnt deserve to win the way we played in the 2nd half

Latest posts