What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Spoilers* Raiders v Tigers

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I Bleed Green said:
That was MY opinion, but because they weren't there, you won the game and you deserved to. Build a bridge and get over it, genius.

Wonderful.

Enjoy September, farkwit. :D

Mal Meninga

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Wonderful.

Enjoy September, farkwit. :D
What's there to do normally when your team hasn't made the 8? I might aswell ask considering you must be well conditioned for such practices :p

innsaneink

Referee
OMG!

Its contagious this whinging and blaming.

Must be the water down there.

Now I hear on Radio Matt Elliott is whinging and bitching, claiming Wests were offside all day, and he reckons Farahs try should have been a no try.

Surprise surprise, sounds like many posters here....now when your coach starts to sound like footy forum net posters.....well, you know youre in trouble.:lol:

salivor

First Grade
We warned you last week Tigers fan. You should know that the Raiders never get beaten, only robbed.

You mean the same Matt Elliot who said the no-try against Frawley a few weeks ago - which by the way the WHOLE rugby league community said was a try and said robbed the Raiders a chance of levelling the game up against the Broncos - didn't cost us the game, and the refereeing wasn't to blame?

Rightio.

If he is complaining, it must be pretty bad.

And I still haven't seen anyone respond to my question saying that without a shadow of a doubt, Farah got the ball on the ground. From every angle I saw, the ball was above his/Tongue's/Kahler's arm.

aussies1st

Staff member
lol why is Elliot complaining about that try but not last week's no try. I accept that call he was in a good spot. The Raiders lost this one. It has been de ju vu from the last 2 games. Errors at crutial times killing the Raiders.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mal Meninga said:
What's there to do normally when your team hasn't made the 8? I might aswell ask considering you must be well conditioned for such practices :p

LOL

I'll give you that one...;-)

scottyeel

Bench
I Bleed Green said:
You mean the same Matt Elliot who said the no-try against Frawley a few weeks ago - which by the way the WHOLE rugby league community said was a try and said robbed the Raiders a chance of levelling the game up against the Broncos - didn't cost us the game, and the refereeing wasn't to blame?

Rightio.

If he is complaining, it must be pretty bad.

And I still haven't seen anyone respond to my question saying that without a shadow of a doubt, Farah got the ball on the ground. From every angle I saw, the ball was above his/Tongue's/Kahler's arm.
I did, post #93

Crippler

Juniors
the ref was right there so his view was better than any camera angle

farahs reaction seemed like he clearly knew he got it down

oh my god...all this is pathetic. all this sour grapes bullsh*t by fans of both teams, is it really needed!
man todays game was a nailbiter.... tigers take this win away knowing they can play smei final footy...im glad...we take this loss away with, well...we still need to work harder, we nearly had this game, but errors killed us, and smith not being on tehre killed us.
one observation i made was that scott prince had a really good game, but benji was actually quiet, carney played good also, did okay in second half without smiht, and is still growing as a footballer.
on first half performace we shoudl have won...but on second half tigers deserved to win.
man, but what is with the stupid bitchyness and sourness...i think both fans jus need to take a breathe and cool down.

Fair enough scottyeel, but you were worried about the obstruction too. Why couldn't he have gone up to the video ref and said "I have an opinion", like they used to, and used ref's call if he wasn't sure.

I mean that's what it's there for, isn't it?

Kiwi

First Grade
raiderette_robbo said:
oh my god...all this is pathetic. all this sour grapes bullsh*t by fans of both teams, is it really needed!
man todays game was a nailbiter.... tigers take this win away knowing they can play smei final footy...im glad...we take this loss away with, well...we still need to work harder, we nearly had this game, but errors killed us, and smith not being on tehre killed us.
one observation i made was that scott prince had a really good game, but benji was actually quiet, carney played good also, did okay in second half without smiht, and is still growing as a footballer.
on first half performace we shoudl have won...but on second half tigers deserved to win.
man, but what is with the stupid bitchyness and sourness...i think both fans jus need to take a breathe and cool down.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You do realise though, with an attitude like that young lady you'll be kicked out of the Raiders fan club [-X

scottyeel

Bench
I Bleed Green said:
Fair enough scottyeel, but you were worried about the obstruction too. Why couldn't he have gone up to the video ref and said "I have an opinion", like they used to, and used ref's call if he wasn't sure.

I mean that's what it's there for, isn't it?
Yeah IMO it was worth a look. 2Gb said the reason Elliot was whinging about it was they got a letter from the Nrl saying the dummy half cant touch the ball player on the way to diving in-goal.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I've seen plenty of those tries awarded this year, some to Farrah also, so I have no problems with it, neither did the ref. Can't for the life of me figure out why Steve Clark needed about 800 replays of the same two angles for Hodgson's first try.

That was a gutsy win, we played so bad in some parts knocking on at the worst times and terrible defence but stuck it out. Great win!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
FWIW, I thought the Farah try had a little doubt over it, but in saying that, Archer was RIGHT in front of the play.

I think it's good to see refs making a decision when they are in the perfect position.

Kiwi said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

You do realise though, with an attitude like that young lady you'll be kicked out of the Raiders fan club [-X

glad to see someone agrees with me.
oh well, if people ahve a problem with that they can deal with it. id rather have a good attitude and have good sportmmanship, then havign sour grapes about a loss or anythign like that

A_J_Gray

Juniors
I have no idea about the Farah try cause they only showed a couple of views.
However the REF acted very quick, so he must of seen somthing

Latest posts