What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*spolier* Trent Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bman

Juniors
David Brent, his arms were up to protect his face and the only reason they came anywhere near barret's head is coz they bounced of his f**king torso. Barret grabbed some1 from behind and punched him in the head twice, f**king pussy of a man. Lets see if Judiciary can prove to be a worthwile investment.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Feelin Hornby said:
that tackle ONeill did was fine he didnt get suspended but to draw comparsons between the Danny Williams and Trent Barrett incidents is Laughable

Really? Hmm, go check the records on that. He was convicted at the judicary for it. That I am certain.

Kiwi

First Grade
gregstar said:
you reckon you could mix it with barrett kiwi?
he'd punch you clean into 2010.

Ummm yeah I'd have no problem, but to make it fair, Barrett can fight my grandmother. I may even take her handbag off her to give Barrett a chance.

Deacon

First Grade
Someone should tell PJ to learn to tackle and not to take out kickers and then he may be a good player or otherwise hell end up in a wheel chair

weasel

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Well that excuse could of been used for danny Williams could it not? He was hit high, a tackle which landed O'Neill a suspension. Now I'm not condoning what Williams did, but whats good for one player has to be good for another.

Williams received a fairly innocuous high shot, played the ball, then pursued O'Neill, plenty of time to think before he acted. It was pre-meditated assault. Barrett was elbowed in the face (again, I stress he wasn't to know that the elbow wasn't originally aimed at his face) and reacted immediately. Completely different.

Godz Illa

Coach
I think you're all pretty dizzy and high on your own self-induced moral frenzy. Thank god you lunatics are not on the judiciary panel. The beauty of our judiciary system is that each case is considered on its own merits. Barrett's incident, while undoubtedly dumb and dirty, was very little more than merely that. You can twist the semantics of it as much as you like - the fact is there was not a great deal more in it than a dumb grubby play. Barrett might get the mandatory week for striking.

gregstar

Referee
just saw the replay again - it's inconclusive to me whether he was hit in the head or not - first contact was chest but it really looked to bounce up to the chin

innsaneink

Referee
Snappy Tom said:
Maybe I should make my point a little clearer.

The hit was not late.

The elbow hit Barrett upper arm and them made contact with the head.

Nothing in the incident. IMO

Barrett reacted to what he thought was a late cheap shot.

Ref, touchies and video Ref let the incident go.

They all got it right, leave it on the football field where it belongs.

Good to see there are some sane rational people here, only 2.5 pages until I found someone that saw it for what it really was.

Gehghis chan.......youre a goose, drop a couple valium mate and lie down.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Godz Illa said:
I think you're all pretty dizzy and high on your own self-induced moral frenzy. Thank god you lunatics are not on the judiciary panel. The beauty of our judiciary system is that each case is considered on its own merits. Barrett's incident, while undoubtedly dumb and dirty, was very little more than merely that. You can twist the semantics of it as much as you like - the fact is there was not a great deal more in it than a dumb grubby play. Barrett might get the mandatory week for striking.
Mate half the wankers from opposition teams can't understand common sense

RABK

Referee
Kiwi and Hari Kari...internet tough guys.... :LOL:

Hutty is one of my mates, he'd slaughter you both in 10 seconds. Trust me, you wouldn't wanna f**k with him.

David Brent

Juniors
Barrett won't even be charged and nor should he be.

Physique: Marsh is a mug lair - just look at his (metrosexual, short on the sides, long on the back) hair cut. I do not buy into his church-going, born-again bullsh*t. Finding God doesn't stop players being dirty. Just look at Jason Stevens.

Phillips

Referee
leave it on the field where it belongs you say???

remind me where Danny Williams is now....hmmmmmm..

innsaneink said:
Good to see there are some sane rational people here, only 2.5 pages until I found someone that saw it for what it really was.

Gehghis chan.......youre a goose, drop a couple valium mate and lie down.

I know for a Fact that that he is not a Goose, He is a Gander

Your have been a Goose for years now.

Phillips

Referee
David Brent said:
Barrett won't even be charged and nor should he be.Physique: Marsh is a mug lair - just look at his (metrosexual, short on the sides, long on the back) hair cut. I do not buy into his church-going, born-again bullsh*t. Finding God doesn't stop players being dirty. Just look at Jason Stevens.

he wont get charged because he is a rep player

drake

First Grade
Whether or not Marsh was late or high is academic.
The little grub cocked his elbow as he jumped at Barrett with no intention at making a tackle.
The intention was to strike with the point of elbow.

Barrett is lucky Marsh is a short arsed goblin.

Marsh is lucky Barrett is not a fighter.

Had said "tackle" been made on someone like Carl Webb, PJ (what kind of f**king name is PJ?) Marsh and his brittle little neck would be flatlining at Westmead.

Comparisons between this incident and the Danny Williams incident where he walked several paces to blindside a bloke are ludicrous.

I doubt anyone would have kept their cool having a midget fly in your face with elbow cocked and head down.

Kiwi

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Kiwi and Hari Kari...internet tough guys.... :lol:

Hutty is one of my mates, he'd slaughter you both in 10 seconds. Trust me, you wouldn't wanna f**k with him.

I merely pointed out Barrett can't punch, don't believe me, ask PJ. Who ever the f**k it was, said he'd knock me into what ever year it was, I merely pointed out my grandmother could kick Barrett's arse.

Anyway don't you have an andrew johns posters to lick or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts