What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

Frailty

First Grade
I bought my kid his first proper footy last night.

He wanted a sharks one..I said no.
Mainly because it was too big.....but in the back of my mind I was thinking I will let him work it out.

My nephew this year has become a massive Sharks fan - and it wasn't forced by me (influenced perhaps).

He has been wearing my old jerseys from when I was a young kid, got him a Sharks flag, and will be taking him to his first Sharks game when we play against the Cowboys.

A part of me thinks I should stop him now, but the other part thinks the club won't survive so I won't have to.

Card Shark

Immortal
I bought my kid his first proper footy last night.

He wanted a sharks one..I said no.
Mainly because it was too big.....but in the back of my mind I was thinking I will let him work it out.

Sad day Carch.

I bet you never thought you would stop him wanting / buying a sharks footy.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
hey newman
can you do a check on all those candidates?

be very interesting to see who else never attends games etc.

The rest of them are solid. Your Mezzetesta, Boldemans etc at least have a historical involvement with the club and a record of support. Oconnell is heavily involved in Junior League as Prez of De La, which comes with its own agendas, but you know their hearts are at least nominally with the Sharks.

carinashark

First Grade
Agreed its been a very frustrating year so far. We at least have a top eight team on paper but the ASDA stuff has impacted there for sure. Also this year we have copped an amazing amount of negative and biased media. Just look at 7.30 report which up untill this week got it right most of the time. Now the ABC are lumping in old news to pad out new news to make the overall look worse than it is. It is a change that has been noticed by other media as well.
I just hope we can put it together in the finals and really thump a few teams.

Plastered

Juniors
It's just one huge kick in the balls after another. How much more can our club take? Not much I'm guessing, that's if the reaper hasn't already booked his flights.

carinashark

First Grade
Its amazing how much we have had to absorb over the years. I just think back to the Irvine board when we seemed to be turning around. Or do have the rose glasses on? funny tho i still think we will be ok and go on to win a few premirships.

carcharias

Immortal
The rest of them are solid. Your Mezzetesta, Boldemans etc at least have a historical involvement with the club and a record of support. Oconnell is heavily involved in Junior League as Prez of De La, which comes with its own agendas, but you know their hearts are at least nominally with the Sharks.

yeah cheers mate.

maybe Keogh has been too busy on tour with his rock band

SharkShocked

Bench
Its amazing how much we have had to absorb over the years. I just think back to the Irvine board when we seemed to be turning around. Or do have the rose glasses on? funny tho i still think we will be ok and go on to win a few premirships.

Can I have what your taking?

carinashark

First Grade
Yeah I know , must be an up day. I will read a few more posts then want to end it all and go and support a winning team like the Raiders ( 2nd biggest salary cheats after Melbourne). Me and Fergo yeah right!

newman

First Grade

Well thats a relief.

Frailty

First Grade
f**k Carina, I'll meet you at Remondis on Monday and you better be sharing these happily pills...

Valium or Lithium?

Vin Fizz

Bench
You gangsters that think we aren't gunna survive are secretly hoping that's the case so you can be put out of your misery instead of taking the decision to forget league or change teams yaselves. It's ok...clearly i've thought the same thing :). Cant see us folding though. Definately cant see the ARLC punting us. We just have to stick it out. But cheer up, next year could be worse!

Frailty

First Grade
You gangsters that think we aren't gunna survive are secretly hoping that's the case so you can be put out of your misery instead of taking the decision to forget league or change teams yaselves. It's ok...clearly i've thought the same thing :). Cant see us folding though. Definately cant see the ARLC punting us. We just have to stick it out. But cheer up, next year could be worse!

Call me a pessimist, but I can see the ARLC punting us.

It all just seems too convenient that Bruno Cullen went to the ABC with this crap. I don't care if he was on radio two days later explaining it, the fact is the damage was done.

As I said, it could be me being the pessimist.

carcharias

Immortal
Call me a pessimist, but I can see the ARLC punting us.

It all just seems too convenient that Bruno Cullen went to the ABC with this crap. I don't care if he was on radio two days later explaining it, the fact is the damage was done.

As I said, it could be me being the pessimist.

agree.

The big question is.... why did he do that interview?

I can only see one reason.

To bring more shit down on us.

He can claim he left on good terms all he likes ....( in that radio program ) but he knew what he was doing and he knew what the reapercussions were going to be.

Flano reckons Cullen knew of the bank acct.
Cullen reckons he didn't.
Flano reckons it was Cullen who told him to close it.

who the f**k knows?

Be nice to watch footy without having all this other bullshit ruining it.

Latest posts