What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpoonWatch 2023

So after the Raiders, the Dragons have the bye in round 20, followed by the round 21 game v Wests Tigers on Thursday night 20th July at WIN Stadium.
Meanwhile, Wests play the Sharks then the Knights.
So if neither team wins a game, a win against Wests will put us 4 points clear of them as all the byes will be done after round 20.
If we beat Wests, hopefully, repeat hopefully it will go along way to the Dragons avoiding the spoon.

jeffdragon

Bench
So after the Raiders, the Dragons have the bye in round 20, followed by the round 21 game v Wests Tigers on Thursday night 20th July at WIN Stadium.
Meanwhile, Wests play the Sharks then the Knights.
So if neither team wins a game, a win against Wests will put us 4 points clear of them as all the byes will be done after round 20.
If we beat Wests, hopefully, repeat hopefully it will go along way to the Dragons avoiding the spoon.
IF.

So is this how Vlandys thought fans wanted to see games played? The difference between the top and bottom teams is now showing badly. Is this the future of NRL from now on? .Who would want to support a team that was getting flogged this badly,yet on thursday night we came very close too. Surely something needs to be done now to even the comp up, yet Penrith are on top and hardly buy anyone. We have almost as big a junior base as them yet were coming almost last.Somehow the system isnt working. But the game has now changed and floggings are occuring, And once they start, teams just seem to give up and the game becomes a disaster. I still think back to our last 7 minutes against Souths where we almost lost too. Either way the NRL suddenly looked very ugly after this weekend, and im not sure anyone is going to be happy about it. Us and 2 other clubs that got flogged are now battling for the spoon, and if something isnt done, a whole lot of supporters may not be back nest year. I just hope it isnt us

So is this how Vlandys thought fans wanted to see games played? The difference between the top and bottom teams is now showing badly. Is this the future of NRL from now on? .Who would want to support a team that was getting flogged this badly,yet on thursday night we came very close too. Surely something needs to be done now to even the comp up, yet Penrith are on top and hardly buy anyone. We have almost as big a junior base as them yet were coming almost last.Somehow the system isnt working. But the game has now changed and floggings are occuring, And once they start, teams just seem to give up and the game becomes a disaster. I still think back to our last 7 minutes against Souths where we almost lost too. Either way the NRL suddenly looked very ugly after this weekend, and im not sure anyone is going to be happy about it. Us and 2 other clubs that got flogged are now battling for the spoon, and if something isnt done, a whole lot of supporters may not be back nest year. I just hope it isnt us
Interesting that two of the main contenders for the spoon are amalgamated clubs.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
These clubs are not the only focus or problem imo. Many games over the past 2 years are turning into floggings. The Tigers flogged the Cowboys only a month ago! Manly similarly did the same to the Dolphins. It’s the rules of the games, so sanitised and modified for open TV over the years combined with the poor defence now results in blowouts. Even games like 42-36 I personally find non appealing; then again we’re told by commentators how brilliant the football is this year and that fans love to see tries. Really? Give me a tough contest any day of the week!

I'm sure the ridiculous restart rule is contributing to this. Saints lead 12-10 and then give away a couple of penalties and restarts. After that they were gassed from all the defensive work they were putting in and eventually cracked in a big way.
Half the time you can't tell what the restart was for. In fact, about 75 percent of tackles/play-the-balls appear restart-worthy to me.
It's a dumb rule, like the 20-40 rule that punishes a team for a good defensive set cos the weak attacking side was lucky enough to get a good kick away.
And if I see another Rah-rah style short goal-line drop out I am going to be physically sick.

These clubs are not the only focus or problem imo. Many games over the past 2 years are turning into floggings. The Tigers flogged the Cowboys only a month ago! Manly similarly did the same to the Dolphins. It’s the rules of the games, so sanitised and modified for open TV over the years combined with the poor defence now results in blowouts. Even games like 42-36 I personally find non appealing; then again we’re told by commentators how brilliant the football is this year and that fans love to see tries. Really? Give me a tough contest any day of the week!
You’re absolutely correct. I havent met anyone yet who likes the rules like this except for TV stations who can run an ad every time a try is scored. No- one likes it yet we’re getting no say. Trouble is all their income is from TV so they dont care about us supporters. However TV games look awful when theres no-one there so they better be careful

I'm sure the ridiculous restart rule is contributing to this. Saints lead 12-10 and then give away a couple of penalties and restarts. After that they were gassed from all the defensive work they were putting in and eventually cracked in a big way.
Half the time you can't tell what the restart was for. In fact, about 75 percent of tackles/play-the-balls appear restart-worthy to me.
It's a dumb rule, like the 20-40 rule that punishes a team for a good defensive set cos the weak attacking side was lucky enough to get a good kick away.
And if I see another Rah-rah style short goal-line drop out I am going to be physically sick.
Couldnt agree more. Somehow the game is slowly being taken from us without us having a say. Thats why i love watching junior rugby league because its more like the game i remember. And not full of sooks either who question every decision to slow things down

Latest posts