What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

flamin

Juniors
"We are the voice of #sport and want to embrace observer members with an open mind. We should not be afraid of the growth of new sports."

That's a direct quote from their president today on his twitter page, pretty hypocritical. No news as yet regarding RL's recognition.

The context of his other tweets shows he’s probably talking about esports... :rolleyes:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Pakistan Rugby League? To be honest none of those rebel nations should even be fielding national team playing RUGBY LEAGUE this a misrepresentation of the sport FFS! Go play their Calcio Fiorentino or Episkyros. No point meeting up with them it would be a waste of time and if they were given any funding it would probably go to RU. If they want to play Rugby League fullfill RLIF criteria.

I dont much about PRL. What do you meant "rebel nations"?

Dont they play under RL rules?

siv

First Grade
It's a shame they're short sighted and can't see the benefits in this.

If it stops insurance companies from covering players at international tournaments

Maybe a worldwide player class insurance claim action against WRU and Sports Accord is in order

Would RU explain why they are not the same sports as soccer or gridiron

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
The president of the GAISF is on twitter tweeting from the conference. Patrick Baumann is his name. Would be good if a few people remind him who we are.

Stallion

First Grade
The president of the GAISF is on twitter tweeting from the conference. Patrick Baumann is his name. Would be good if a few people remind him who we are.

Good idea! I don't do twitter or facebook. Not wise in my profession. But all you twitterers get out there and badger this dude!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
We differ. It does ultimately effect the NRL. The carrot of international football is very appealing and is a major advantage over another rival code in OZ. That to me affects the NRL greatly!

Just because it SHOULD effect the NRL doesnt mean it DOES...

I assume the NRL clubs like seeing the international teams cut down, it places the games growth in their hands and empowers them more.

Stallion

First Grade
Just because it SHOULD effect the NRL doesnt mean it DOES...

I assume the NRL clubs like seeing the international teams cut down, it places the games growth in their hands and empowers them more.

This type of insular thinking reeks of future failure. A former lecturer of mine addressed the rugby league fraternity a few years and warned them that embracing the international game will ensure the growth and future relevance of rugby league. The rugby league people were taken aback by this reality however could see the logic begrudgingly after some convincing.

Latest posts