What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

Stallion

First Grade
So, have their been any developments at Sport Accord (or whatever they are called now)?

Good question! Not sure what that petition is up to either! ? Their had been a British parliament letter of complaint about the non recogntion of rugby-league as a sport. That's the only real positive proactive news I have seen. It would be good if a banner or a statement was made requesting our sport to be recognised as a distinct sport on world cup final night. This would have to be shown on the telecast and mentioned as a worthy and just cause for sport.

ULYSSES

Juniors
Good question! Not sure what that petition is up to either! ? Their had been a British parliament letter of complaint about the non recogntion of rugby-league as a sport. That's the only real positive proactive news I have seen. It would be good if a banner or a statement was made requesting our sport to be recognised as a distinct sport on world cup final night. This would have to be shown on the telecast and mentioned as a worthy and just cause for sport.
The British parliament writes letters in support of our game, the Australian, Queensland and NSW parliaments have friends of Rugby League organisations , does that mean we have friends in high places. If so that makes us as abnoxious as the rah rahs who have friends in high places. I am delighted we do but I could not resist showing up your hypocrisy. You hijack thread after thread with your pitiful agenda.

Stallion

First Grade
The British parliament writes letters in support of our game, the Australian, Queensland and NSW parliaments have friends of Rugby League organisations , does that mean we have friends in high places. If so that makes us as abnoxious as the rah rahs who have friends in high places. I am delighted we do but I could not resist showing up your hypocrisy. You hijack thread after thread with your pitiful agenda.

Lol. The 'friends in high places' you quote are purely for political popularity reasons. You underestimate the power of structural based 'friends in high places'! No hypocrisy their champ! An example of the structural 'friends in high places'is the constant exclusion of rugby league from elite private schooling with other codes enjoying a presence. Work it out champ! Penny may drop one day!?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
I showed a female friend the petition about rugby league being recognised as a sport and she was astounded at this sort of thing even occuring! The general public at large are not aware of this ridiculous situation rugby league has been faced with and it should be exposed for what it is: An absolute violation of human rights in the sporting fraternity! It's wrong! It's about time rugby league gained some recognition and justice.

DC_fan

Coach
I showed a female friend the petition about rugby league being recognised as a sport and she was astounded at this sort of thing even occuring! The general public at large are not aware of this ridiculous situation rugby league has been faced with and it should be exposed for what it is: An absolute violation of human rights in the sporting fraternity! It's wrong! It's about time rugby league gained some recognition and justice.

Tell me which article of the universal declaration of human rights has been broken?
http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/index.html

StadiumXIII

Juniors
Tell me which article of the universal declaration of human rights has been broken?
A number of them you could say. Refer to Article 1, 2, 3, 18, 20, 21, 24 is a key one and to update everyone apparently an application has been put in but it is now a waiting game. If RL continues to be shun then perhaps it would be time to do the unthinkable and form an international sports commission that has it's own version of the (Olympics) to gain international success!

Stallion

First Grade

From a quick look:
Articles 19,20,27&28 may be referred to. Notably sport is not specifically mentioned although one may assume that 'cultural ' may cover this aspect of hunan society? Certainly hope you are not relying on semantics as a means to continue this clearly unfair treatment of the sport of rugby league!? BTW the lady I mentioned this situarion to is specifically trained and employed in this field and agrees that what has been going on is totally unfair.

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
From a quick look:
Articles 19,20,27&28 may be referred to. Notably sport is not specifically mentioned although one may assume that 'cultural ' may cover this aspect of hunan society? Certainly hope you are not relying on semantics as a means to continue this clearly unfair treatment of the sport of rugby league!? BTW the lady I mentioned this situarion to is specifically trained and employed in this field and agrees that what has been going on is totally unfair.

Let’s be honest here. You have no idea in what you are talking about here. I suggest you find an international law expert and have them explain the declaration to you.

Stallion

First Grade
Let’s be honest here. You have no idea in what you are talking about here. I suggest you find an international law expert and have them explain the declaration to you.

And you do?
I would also suggest that not being officially recognised as a sport when rugby league is clearly a sport is not what you regard as conventional or fair thinking!? Go figure! It's pretty obvious a code is being shafted in this circumstance. I know of people whom don't like rugby league regarding this non recognition as totally unfair and ridiculous.

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
A number of them you could say. Refer to Article 1, 2, 3, 18, 20, 21, 24 is a key one and to update everyone apparently an application has been put in but it is now a waiting game. If RL continues to be shun then perhaps it would be time to do the unthinkable and form an international sports commission that has it's own version of the (Olympics) to gain international success!

You and Stallion are brothers in arms.

DC_fan

Coach
Shame on you DC! Perhaps you are another union troll in our midst!?

You obviously have attended the Donald Trump school of changing the direction of the conversation to suit your own agenda. When things are not going your way in a conversation, as in you are losing, you quickly move it in another direction. Once you start losing that conversation, you change direction again. It is a game that you continue to play till the person you are conversing with becomes bored with it and drops out. LikeTrump, in your own little world you then believe and proclaim you are the victor.

Well I have quickly reached that point. See ya.

Stallion

First Grade
You obviously have attended the Donald Trump school of changing the direction of the conversation to suit your own agenda. When things are not going your way in a conversation, as in you are losing, you quickly move it in another direction. Once you start losing that conversation, you change direction again. It is a game that you continue to play till the person you are conversing with becomes bored with it and drops out. LikeTrump, in your own little world you then believe and proclaim you are the victor.

Well I have quickly reached that point. See ya.

If you cannot see the unfairness in the non recognition of rugby league as a sport then their is no real worth in your comments. They basically support biggotry against the code of rugby league. You are aware that government funding and relevant insurances for rugby league are being stopped as a result of such non recognition! ? If you think this is fair? You clearly haven't got sportsmanship and common decency in your priorities.

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Exactly by denying this money it stifles the growth of the game. Look at the history and who always has a hidden agenda to stop the growth of league.....yes you got it in one, rugby union. From 100 years ago when league was banned in universities, schools and the military. There are plenty of examples such as government funding being cut from the Italian RL in the 1960's under the influence of rugby union. Grounds being not supplied from councils who were influenced by rugby union people.
Read Graham Lowe's book, he mentions how he was canned for playing league as it was against the school policy.
Even today in Sydney where league is the number one code and a lot of boys would have an interest in it the game is not played in the private schools..........why?????????????

Stallion

First Grade
Exactly by denying this money it stifles the growth of the game. Look at the history and who always has a hidden agenda to stop the growth of league.....yes you got it in one, rugby union. From 100 years ago when league was banned in universities, schools and the military. There are plenty of examples such as government funding being cut from the Italian RL in the 1960's under the influence of rugby union. Grounds being not supplied from councils who were influenced by rugby union people.
Read Graham Lowe's book, he mentions how he was canned for playing league as it was against the school policy.
Even today in Sydney where league is the number one code and a lot of boys would have an interest in it the game is not played in the private schools..........why?????????????

Unfortunately these truths are not publicised or given to the general public for awareness. That's the quandary for rugby league. This is happening but the public at large are not aware of it. Things would improve if the public were made aware of rugby league's struggles and barriers.
Perhaps a demonstration or public mention of the current petition about rugby league's non recognition as a sport is worthwhile on world cup final night!? At least some worldwide recognition on the big stage would take effect?

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
If you cannot see the unfairness in the non recognition of rugby league as a sport then their is no real worth in your comments. They basically support biggotry against the code of rugby league. You are aware that government funding and relevant insurances for rugby league are being stopped as a result of such non recognition! ? If you think this is fair? You clearly haven't got sportsmanship and common decency in your priorities.

Unfairness and human rights issues are two totally different things. As I said you have no idea on what you are talking about.

DC80

Juniors
Unfairness and human rights issues are two totally different things. As I said you have no idea on what you are talking about.
Bang on the money. Lots of things are unfair without having anything to do with human rights. If not receiving Sport Accord recognition was a violation of human rights it wouldn't be happening.

I thought the lack of recognition was unfair, but it isn't according to English RL journalist Phil Caplan as he states RL has yet to meet the requirement of having sufficient domestic leagues.

Stallion

First Grade

So you would like unfairness to have its way! ? If this is your stance then you better have a good deep look at yourself!