What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2016

lockyno1

Post Whore
How on earth is Jameka the favourite this week?

I rate the horse but if that is a $4 shot this week, I'll be avoiding it like nothing before. pProbably 5 I'd have ahead of Jameka!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How on earth is Jameka the favourite this week?

I rate the horse but if that is a $4 shot this week, I'll be avoiding it like nothing before. pProbably 5 I'd have ahead of Jameka!
Probably because of her weight mate, I agree I think she will be hard to beat but those odds are massive unders.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
She will run well I'm sure but yeh is a $7-$8 chance for mine

Pretty shit quality Cup if I'm being honest, especially the locals. Not really any of the internationals are using it as a Melbourne Cup lead up either

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Flying Artie back at Caulfield today keen to see how he goes in what is a tough little race.

Mick Price is totally full mast on him though

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I was all over him in the Metrop, couldn't run a place in that not sure if he will improve at all. You never know he's in with 51.5kgs.

Yeah true but I thought he got home pretty well, Sir John Hankwood is half his price and I don't think there was much between the runs. No weight and hasn't drawn too bad, hopefully Ploddy Berry has a decent day out, I think he can run a sneaky race.

Preferment and Tarzino are the class Aussie horses but both have been auditioning for Wazn then motion picture recently.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Preferment and Tarzino are the class Aussie horses but both have been auditioning for Wazn then motion picture recently.

Disagree on Preferment. It ran well last start, ran on in the worst part of the track. Needed more distance, and gets it here. Think it is more of a MC chance though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Preferment looks a little more dour this prep, he's been set for the Cup. Whether he is good enough that's the question.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Preferment is a pretty good horse but i don't think it's won anywhere other than Randwick and Flemington,it goes well on those bigger tracks,i think my cp23 Pidgey has a better chance around Caulfield than him,he will go well in the Melb Cup though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Preferment looks a little more dour this prep, he's been set for the Cup. Whether he is good enough that's the question.

Well it's an absolute plod fest this year. Let's just say the winner this year won't be one of the greats! I mean come on we have Hartnell (as good as it's going) as the $5 favourite!

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think Hartnell is going too well to win the Melbourne Cup if that even makes sense :confused:

He's racing too brilliantly to be effective over 2 miles imo

I mean if its a slowly run race like last year then he could just switch off and travel and his class will take him a fair while (i.e. So you think, Criterion) but if its a traditional MC with plenty of pressure he might struggle to see it out.

Even though they only confirmed it last week I think the Cox Plate has always been the goal for this prep, they knew he was flying and would be training him for the 2000m

Latest posts