What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad Changes for 07

CJKnight

Juniors
Hahaha! Tim Smith! well I would say parramatta will want to dump him when his contract runs out in '08 *laughs* Maybe that is why they signed Finch? But I agree we don't need him.

When we were chasing John Morris I thought that might be a handy pickup for a Mullen-Morris combo but that didn't work out.

roopy

Referee
you should add Willie Tupou to the confirmed signings

a quality second row/prop is an important signing

CJKnight

Juniors
Which club is Wille Tupou from? Is he related to any of the other Tupous currently in 1st grade?

I agree that depth in the Forwards with the retirement of Smith is necessary. Davico probably only has 1 season left in him too. Snowden for benchie next year!

roopy

Referee
christopherjon said:
Which club is Wille Tupou from? Is he related to any of the other Tupous currently in 1st grade?

I agree that depth in the Forwards with the retirement of Smith is necessary. Davico probably only has 1 season left in him too. Snowden for benchie next year!
Willie Tupou is the younger brother of Anthony Tupou (Roosters firstgrader), and the older brother of Jon Tupou (Knights Flegg lock and NSW u 19 player), and Ben Tupou (Knights Harold Mathews prop).
Willie never played for the Knights. He went with Anthony to the Roosters and established himself as one of the top forwards in their title winning (and million dollar) Flegg side of a few years ago. He was bought by Saints from the Roosters for big money (for a guy who had never played firstgrade). I don't know what happened at Saints. I don't think he ever played firstgrade.

The Devil

Bench
Is this a signing to be excited about? Is he a chance at cracking first grade? Or will he turn out to be a Jesse Royal-esque signing?

roopy

Referee
The Devil said:
Is this a signing to be excited about? Is he a chance at cracking first grade? Or will he turn out to be a Jesse Royal-esque signing?
He had huge wraps on him when he went from roosters to Saints. I googled him and it seems he had a bad injury in 2005 - and is playing off the bench in PL now.
Towards the end of 2004 he was training with the roosters firstgrade squad.

CJKnight

Juniors
If he can stand up next season in our PL side he might get a run off the bench in FG sometime. Particularly if one of our other props falls to injury.

I think Snowden has proved himself to be first in line for that available bench spot IMO. But definatley give Willie a run and see what he has got.

Yosh

Coach
with craig smith not playing next year, who do you think will be the prop to come into first grade guys? Also what is going on with Dan Tolar?

Also with Todd Lowrie leaving who will take the other bench spot?

With Smith coming in I personally dont see Tanner being in 1st grade too much, so who do you guys think will replace him?

CJKnight

Juniors
Dan Tolar - it seems he is getting one of those nasty "injury-prone" tags isn't he? It went from his legs to his hands to God knows what else this year. I don't think he even played half the season this year. If he is going to be injured all the time I would give Snowden the first shot or maybe this Tupou guy as well.

CJKnight

Juniors
Well we can all add Sargent into the mix now. He might start in PL next season but I think his blockbusing runs and crunching tackles will see him come into the FG side on the bench during the year.

14. Davico
15. Sargent
16. Tanner
17. Tupou

I did not list Tolar on the bench because IMO he has to have a full season without going from injury-to-injury. He is getting a nasty "injury-prone" tag.

I can see our forward pack becoming alot stronger and of more importance next year. Look for us to be counted up there with the Bulldogs, Dragons, and Broncos as the strongest forward packs of the comp.

Already done buddy-o.

I must have missed these block busting runs and crunching tackles though.... and also mate which Tupou do you think we've signed? You are a character christopherjohn.

CJKnight

Juniors
I listed some of our signings on the bench such as Sargent, Tupou, and probably Franze as well because we have no idea of what their form will be coming into the new season. But they will obviously be given a run to prove themselves.

And as for the "blockbusting runs and crunching tackles", I might have gotten abit carried away with the adjectives as usual *laughs*. But we have all seen him bash dudes by either tackling or running strait at them.

Frederick

Staff member
I thought it was already approved, on the condition that we keep a very, VERY close eye on him (frequent random drug tests, etc)

CJKnight

Juniors
The contract was only recognized because of Sargent's promise to undergo rehab on the off-season and be suspect to alot of random tests throughout the coming seasons...

Personally I think he will be good for the team coming off the bench... he will add some mongrel and extra size since Smith is retiring and Davico is getting pretty old for this game...

Imagine having Sargent and Snowden coming off the bench for workhorses Perry and Wooly... there would be no loss in using the interchange as there has been with Smith and Davico...

Latest posts