What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad Changes for 07

christopherjon said:
Seage IS injury-prone that is his only downfall.

Thats a big enough down fall for me to piss him off altogether to be honest! Has he even played 20 games yet.

Not as if we are loosing a loyal clubman or anything, the clubs more than done the right thing by him.

CJKnight

Juniors
Yes but Seage is simply too good a player to let go IMO.

As I said if he puts in some quality training to get his body in top shape hopefully he can avoid such injuries. And if that is the case he is more suited to Fullback than Thiaday is. Because of his safety under the high ball.

I would have Seage at Fullback as soon as Joey retires and move Thiaday to 5/8 opposite Mullen in the #7 with Kidley to Lock. But as I said that is my opinion.

Mate he hasnt even played half a season yet. He spends much more time on the sidelines then on the field.

Winning teams keep the same 17 or as close to as possible on the paddock week in week out. - Especially in key positions.

His a liability.

We have Thaiday, Hinton, Polgaise and McDougall who in my oppinion would all be ahead of him at fullback IMO.

He maybe safe, but so's Hinton who's much younger and likely to develope into a much better player.

Yosh

Coach
yeah dont need him. avgerage at best. Sure his defence is a tiny bit better then Thaiday, but Thaiday rips him a new arsehole in attack. Also Hinton is 7 years younger, has much more potential and can string more then 4 games in a row. Definatly not worth keeping seage is.

CJKnight

Juniors
Well Seage has been playing center in PL while Hinton has been playing Fullback what does that tell you? Obviously Smith is thinking Hinton to Fullback with Polglase to stand in for injury.

Can't see MacDougall in the #1 though!

Uate is playing PL this week, yeah!

Big Tim

First Grade
Hinton is the future for our #1 jersey. We have so many options.

I dont see Thaiday as a 5/8, we have quality juniors to fill the halves (Mullen, Walsh, Dureau and Brown)

The post-Johns era is looking far better than it did a few years ago, which is a great thing.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
christopherjon said:
Yes but Seage is simply too good a player to let go IMO.

As I said if he puts in some quality training to get his body in top shape hopefully he can avoid such injuries. And if that is the case he is more suited to Fullback than Thiaday is. Because of his safety under the high ball.

I would have Seage at Fullback as soon as Joey retires and move Thiaday to 5/8 opposite Mullen in the #7 with Kidley to Lock. But as I said that is my opinion.

Thaiday to 5/8?

What a waste!

CJKnight

Juniors
Sticking him there till his contract runs out! *laughs* Good one Sir Knight!

Mullen and Thiaday in the halves would be a dangerous combination. Sort of like Gower and Campbell IMO. Mullen has plenty of Joey-like cunning and a great kicking game. While Thiaday has the ability to hit gaps and run support plays with equal ease.

I do think Hinton is the future in the Newcastle #1 jersey. But from next season I would put him in the #1 and keep him there until he develops his own game. We need to stop all the swapping fullbacks. We have not really had a full-time fullback since O'Davis IMO.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Only because of injury. THere hasnt been any swapping. Thaiday is the number one, and he only wasnt there becasue of injury.

General Knight

Juniors
Im more worried about the effect of losing both Carney and Quinn to the team. Together they have tremendous workrates and take the load off our forwards. Whoever replaces them next year must carry out similar tasks if not we need to see a big improvement in the team fitness wise.

Yosh

Coach
well who do you guys think will play wing next year? i was thinking maybe hinton would play one side, and tighe the other. what is cooper and seage like recently? who else is there?

General Knight

Juniors
I'm hoping Cooper gets a chance there next year. He can play as an extra forward since he has been playing secondrow all season, just needs to increase his workrate. If he can manage that it will certainly ease the loss of Quinn and Carney.

CJKnight

Juniors
Both of our wingers are tough, strong, fast buggers. Something that will be missed. Salkeld did have the ability himself but now has a line drawn through his name because of age/injury/fitness/form, etc.

Tighe has the speed to play winger and I think he has the size/strength to match it on kick returns/dummy half runs. Remeber we are signing Polglase which can easily play 1-5 with equal ease.

We have signed a wealth of centers in MacDougall, Franze, Polglase, and Carmont still on board so one of them will end up playing on the wing IMO. Perhaps:

1. Hinton
2. Tighe
3. MacDougall
4. Polglase
5. Carmont
6. Thiaday
7. Mullen

Of course we wait to see if Franze gets some form returning to NRL.

We wait for the '08 season for Uate to finally be a starter!

Mambo

Juniors
Hey Guys,

I am currently putting together a player database for the 2007 season and need to know accurate contract situations for some players to help finalise it.Do you know the contact situation for the following...George CarmontMatthew KennedyDaniel TolarDane CampbellDavid SeageThank you in advance for any help.

Good idea as long as we have someone who can keep us updated without all the bs that goes on wth player negotiations. Thankfully Simmo is tied up, Bedsy is at the end part of his career and Joey is only ever going to play for us in the nrl. I still think we are a huge chance to land Tim Smith in 08.

Big Tim

First Grade
Tim Smith???? WTF!!!!

Do the names Mullen, Walsh and Dureau mean anything to you????

They show up to training sober too!

Latest posts