What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Illwarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels From MES Stadium Perth

natheel

Coach
Good stuff jargan

good stuff eels and dragons fans being civil on this forum during the game

But seriously biker needs to settle down it's just a trial wait till the season proper to start the sh*t talk lol

I
jargan couple questions

how did the young guys for both teams going but typically for eels fan in here how did humble go?

watatank

Coach
pft this is a Dragons forum who stood out for the Dragons? :lol:

p.s. thanks for the updates jargan, much appreciated.

natheel

Coach
More like the bandwagon parra fans who haven't realised yet that the wheels have fallen off.

Lol just lol

It's a trial it's a game got both teams to get the cobwebs out and to trial some new young players etc

it's a nothing game really

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Thanks Jargan. Best result of the day for me in the 9450 in the crowd in 40 degree heat for TRIAL.

We'll be doing well to get near that in Wollongong next weekend, but I'll be there with a couple of Doggy mates to have a look.

How good is it to have the footy season back on the very near horizon!

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yeah, nice to get a win, but more important to have no serious injuries
( from this trial & the other 2 )

Here's a good idea of how important trial results are. ( regardless of the sport ) In the 2008 NFL pre-season, the Detroit Lions played in 4 games & won them all. For those that don't know, they followed that up by becoming the first NFL team to have an 0 & 16 record......

strider

Post Whore
I'm getting hungry might have to get a burger

EelsGeeUp1.jpg

:lol:

don't eat it dude - i think they've had them warming in the oven since week 1 of the 2009 semis

jACE_86

Juniors
St George Illawarra prove too strong Parramatta in trial match

February 14, 2010 St George Illawarra held off a spirited fightback from Parramatta to post an entertaining 34-20 victory in their NRL trial match in Perth.
The Dragons raced out to a 16-0 lead inside 35 minutes but the Eels ran in four of the next five tries to close the gap to just two points with 13 minutes remaining.

But with the game on the line St George Illawarra lifted another gear, with tries to hooker Nathan Fien and Michael Lett in the dying stages securing the six-tries-to-four win in front of 9450 fans.

Both sides fielded a mix of first-graders and up-and-comers. Last year's Dally M Medal winner Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Hindmarsh, Fuifui Moimoi and Justin Poore were missing for the Eels while Jamie Soward, Matt Cooper, Brett Morris and the suspended Beau Scott were among a host of players not featuring for the Dragons.

The Dragons were on the back foot for much of the opening 15 minutes but against the run of play they struck first, with a dangerous bomb from Fien finding a running Jason Nightingale five metres from the line.

Nightingale couldn't handle the ball but Nick Emmett ran on to the spillage to open the scoring.

A neat inside pass from hooker Luke Priddis to front rower Ricky Thorby opened up the Eels' defence for the second try of the night, with Bronx Goodwin's conversion making it 10-0 after 30 minutes.

Parramatta were struggling to stem the tide and Nightingale made it 16-0 five minutes before half-time when he shook off three Eels tacklers in a 30m sprint to the line.

The Eels were lucky not to be further in arrears with Goodwin fumbling a pass with the line in sight before Lett's try was disallowed due to a forward pass.

Parramatta made the most of their double hit of good fortune, scoring on the stroke of half-time when a neat grubber kick from Kris Keating put Robson over, making it 16-4 at the break.

Eels winger Etu Uaisele closed the gap to 16-8 early in the second half and although a Jake Marketo try extended the buffer out to 22-8, Parramatta were clearly on the charge.

Their dominance of possession paid off just a minute before three-quarter time, with Kris Keating and run-on captain Feleti Mateo exchanging passes to expose the Dragons' defence.

But despite closing the gap to two points the Eels couldn't land the killer blow, with the Dragons racing in two late tries to secure victory.

LINK: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26723437-23209,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:

jargan83

Coach
Evening all

Unfortunately my phone died with about 6 or 7 minutes to go and the people I was with did not have a compatable battery. So apologies to all who were waiting on the updates

jargan83

Coach
I shall do a write up tomorow at work if I get a chance (and the odds are I will)

Have to go spend time with the girlfriend now! :lol:

Smithtown

Coach
3 points and clear man of the match to Nathan Fien
2 to Trent Merrin
1 to Matt Prior

Honourable mention to Jake Marketo
Surprise packet of the day Bronx Goodwin

natheel

Coach
Both the Eels and the Dragons are gunna have huge seasons in 2010 Can't wait for the rematch in round 1

totaly agree...both have teams on paper who will make the top 5 easy and from finals do anything they want really

but we will see how they both go.....both r notorious slow starters to the season (dragons started well last year though)

ive predicted both to be in top 4

steela

Juniors
we looked very good, our forwards really dominated but they didn't have poore or moi moi... danny green needs to stick to boxing, was funny when he forgot to take the kicking tee out and held the game up, later in the game they just stuck it into the turf as green was having another sleep :D

Latest posts