What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Illwarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels From MES Stadium Perth

Smithtown

Coach
I pretty much agree with what Smithtown said excluding Priddis and Goodwin.

From what I remember Priddis was directly involved in the second try with a great pass to Thorby? and directed the ball down the short side on the right for maybe the third? We might be mixing up Priddis n Fien???

Also I wasn't really that impressed with Goodwin for 2 reasons. First of all it was a slack effort to let the ball run deep into the in goal (could have had an early play at it) and then even worse to pick it up and step dead. Secondly he seemed to get dominated from his shoots from dummy half, where as Nightgale & Lett were making good meters and making it to their stomachs.

Fair calls - I thought the Goodwin call might have some objectors so I'll explain the thoughts.

Like all Goodwins, he is a confidence player. Once he did a howler his head dropped and he was dirty with himself bigtime coming off at halftime. That was good to see, but what was also good to see was his positioning - especially in attack, and his ability to be where the ball was, even though he came up with an error or two. He is a footballer not an athlete, and is suited to the free spirit role of fullback. The other plus was his superb goalkicking.

So I saw a bit more in him possibly than others - doesn't make it right or wrong. Either way, he is not going to be in the top grade less for injury, and if he does make it to firsts then he'll be handy, you know he'll finish in class style and if Sowards not available he can slot goals.

On Priddis, I think his time has come and gone. Fair dues he did create the Thorby try, but overall I don't know if he has much juice left in the tank.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thanks to St's for agreeing to come over again and for putting on the kids clinics and visiting the kids in hospital. We appreciate all the missionary work in our far flung RL outpost!

gonzerelli

Juniors
Thanks to St's for agreeing to come over again and for putting on the kids clinics and visiting the kids in hospital. We appreciate all the missionary work in our far flung RL outpost!

No worries mate, but do ya reckon next time you could throw us a bone in return with some radio coverage? :p

Perth Red

Post Whore
ha ha, getting media covergae in Perth for RL is like getting Jennifer Hawkins to drop her knickers for you!

Red'n'White

Juniors
To get coverage for next years game we all need to send 6PR radio station e-mails asking them to cover the game. If enough people send e-mails saying theat we would listen on line you'd have think that they would cover the game, wouldn't you????????