What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium upgrade.

newman

First Grade
Does anyone have any info on the upgrade to the ground. Is the southern upgrade still going ahead and what exactly is being done?

I also heard on the CSSC forum that there are some structural dramas with the leagues club. Does anyone know anything about this? Are there any plans to "fix" that side of the ground?

Is there any further news on the development.?

This club needs to pull its finger out.

McLovin

Staff member
I'm planning on chucking a sh*t somewhere out the front of the stadium, effectively turning it into an even bigger sh*thole. That instantly upgrades the parks status imo...

MC84 said:
I'm planning on chucking a sh*t somewhere out the front of the stadium, effectively turning it into an even bigger sh*thole. That instantly upgrades the parks status imo...

Why would you abandon one of your children?

McLovin

Staff member
Well i could send them out to sea with the press of the full flush button but i'd rather get them started on Sharkmania as early as possible...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
barry is on record as saying that after next sat nights game the wrecking crews move in to commence work on the new southern stand. i don't think he meant 9.30pm that night but I assume in the ensuing week/s. The money is there tks to our beloved (fed) treasurer, wanna be PM and no 1 supporter (life in canberra restricts his attendance) Peter Costello.

U.K SHARK

Juniors
whats the bet the stadium takes longer to be built than expected and we have to schedule our first 6 games of next seaosn as away matches

sleepy83

Juniors
the whole south end hill will be demolished and replaced with concourse seating, and apparently the first 5 games will be played away next year to accomodate the end of construction.
Its due to start two weeks after the the season ends

Alan Shore

First Grade
Perhaps we can do a deal with Noddy: he gets something minor named after him (like the bar or whatever) and he leaves for England.

gunnamatta bay said:
and what will it be called? the Brett Kimmorley stand has a nice ring to it!

Seeing how people will be sitting in it, the Brett Kimmorley Stool might be more fitting.

Quigs

Immortal
They should name it "The Stand to the Unknown Supporter" similar (and with respect) to the Tomb of the unknown soldier.

It should be a place where current supporters can pay their respects to all the unknown long suffering supporters who have transferred on to another world and who did not lived long enough to see that elusive lap of honour.

I think it would be a nice gesture.

(And I could even book my own spot on the rememberance wall)

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I think there should be a reef laying ceremony every year come September. It would be a highly emotional affair and Barry can read a eulogy after which the last post is played. I doubt there would be a dry eye in the place when present day sharks fans reflect on those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Latest posts