What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium upgrade.

I'd like to see the old clock and scoreboard preserved and relocated say to the summer bar area. Maybe we could get a hertiage listing and grant for resoration work, I'm thinking along the lines of the rudder of the Pasha Bulka being turned into a work d'art in Newcastle. You could display scores from record wins on a rotating basis.

samshark

Juniors
Greg Pierce was saying the other night that the old clock will be preserved and something useful done with it, likely giving it to one of the local club grounds.

Jimbo

Immortal
tom of poland said:
I'd like to see the old clock and scoreboard preserved and relocated say to the summer bar area. Maybe we could get a hertiage listing and grant for resoration work, I'm thinking along the lines of the rudder of the Pasha Bulka being turned into a work d'art in Newcastle. You could display scores from record wins on a rotating basis.

Not a bad idea

Newcastle '02 and Manly '05 spring to mind...

taipan

Referee
As a long suffering Shark's fan,I nominate the "Choker's Stand" as a name for the new building.
There is always next year of course.:crazy:

Frenzy.

Immortal
gunnamatta bay said:
I think there should be a reef laying ceremony every year come September. It would be a highly emotional affair and Barry can read a eulogy after which the last post is played. I doubt there would be a dry eye in the place when present day sharks fans reflect on those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

You probably meant wreath right gunna? :lol:

I don't think reef's ready to lie down and die for the cause yet

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Frenzy. said:
You probably meant wreath right gunna? :lol:

I don't think reef's ready to lie down and die for the cause yet

Yeah I thought no one would notice :sarcasm:

We could have a wailing wall where long suffering sharks fans bash their heads on the new stand.

Quigs

Immortal
gunnamatta bay said:
Yeah I thought no one would notice :sarcasm:

We could have a wailing wall where long suffering sharks fans bash their heads on the new stand.

I thought that whats this forum is all about.

Not that I bitch munch.

(pssts I am about to venture down to the watering hole to get a good seat to watch the sharkies in the main bout - 9.30pm kick off - I believe. )

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

fatshark

Bench
With one big sideways slap and a massive crunching drop, the old scoreboard died
a sudden death. May she rest in pieces.

Quigs

Immortal
Did you get pictures... if not you should of... momentoes for the future

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

STEVE R

Juniors
I thought they were going to try to keep the scoreboard?!?

Kinda glad they didn't though!

Are we getting a permanent replay board SFS style?
Or a dodgy 3 colour scoreboard Parramatta Stadium style?!?

jc155776

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
We are getting the new LG rear projection screen with 5 year warranty

Rear projection??

FMD we are behind the times.

Plasma is the way to go these days....

i realise what reefy said was a joke

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
jc155776 said:
Rear projection??

FMD we are behind the times.

Plasma is the way to go these days....

i realise what reefy said was a joke

Actually that is completely wrong.

In an outside application, plasma is the worst choice. this is because of the layer of glass over the screen, which promotes reflection.
Plasma is far superior to LCD at any size when it comes to sports reproduction.
However, LCD has superior black. Far superior. Again, another feature which is required for reproduction if bright, sunlit areas.

LCD screens are just f*cked. Any size LCD , no matter what you hear, or what you see, they are just f*cked. go into any store on a saturday & get the manager to change all channels onto AFL & you will quickly see just how f*cked they are.

The DLP rear projections system used by LG is far superior to LCD(even though it uses mini lcds), but it suffers from reflection & luminance issues as well.

The best big screen for black, sports & non reflection is projection with a good quality wall screen.

But, the best picture, of any, os still the good ole high quality crt.

So lets go through the list & see where your TV stacks up.

CRT
Projector
rear projection(some systems)
Plasma
LCD

carinashark

First Grade
CRT , they dont even make them anymore! Plasma makes the players look like they have a black line around them , I changed to Sony LCD from LG Plasma , much better.

Surely

Post Whore
what about high def, crt can't display more than 480P.

Projection is f**ked in bright light, ever go to a drive in during the day ?

Quigs

Immortal
Surely said:
Projection is f**ked in bright light, ever go to a drive in during the day ?

I was always to busy in the back seat.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

jc155776

Coach
I have a small LCD in my room, only 17 inches and bought to save space.

sh*t TV to be honest. 2 crystals already bust and show red/blue.

Would never make the mistake again.

Latest posts