What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadiums with dirt hills

simon says

First Grade
Hills rock......I hate grounds with all seater style accom.....the atmosphere on the hills are unbeatable.

And if you are worried about getting a sore bum or a bit wet,then go to the theatre......thats more your style.

Copa

Bench
Dilmah said:
Says he who complains about grounds with hills.

Take your own advice.
I do. No way I'd pay good money to sit on the bloody ground.

You guys must be annoyed the brand new stadium on the gold coast will be such high quality.. lacking a dirt hill and all. :lol:

Steel Dragon

Bench
Here's 2 cents.

Here's my rant...

It depends who I'm going to the footy with and what kinda mood i'm in as to where I sit.
If im up for a boozy boisterous game with the boys - its hill all the way.
If im going with mum and dad or people who arent that into footy - stands.

I think there is more atmosphere on the hill - it encourages the louder fans to congregate more.

For the record ive been to WIN, Canberra/Bruce Stadium (with and without the hill), Seiffert Oval, Shark Park, Parra Stadium, SFS, Stadium Aust., Energy Aust (with the hill), SCG (without hill)

It seems kids always run around kicking footys and such no matter where they are - hill or no hill. I dont get it - as a kid i'd be glued to my seat/patch of grass watching the game.

I'd hate to think that they'd all do away with the hills, but i do understand that more people can fit in a seated stadium.

Perth Red

Post Whore
never mind hills how about getting some roofs so crowds don't drop by 10,000 when it rains! For a winter sport it amazes me how many grounds have no cover.

Schillaci

Juniors
Perth Red said:
never mind hills how about getting some roofs so crowds don't drop by 10,000 when it rains! For a winter sport it amazes me how many grounds have no cover.
It rains more in summer than winter in Australia.

How does a grass hill help generate atmosphere... infact since when did any NRL crowd generate atmosphere?

Copa

Bench
Perth Red said:
Correct.. we need more protection from the rain...

... covered seating areas also keep in more sound ... which sounds great when the crowd gets going.

The Preacher

First Grade
We're in a f**king drought that has been going for years now and you're worried about people getting wet FFS. ](*,)

Copa

Bench
The Preacher said:
We're in a f**king drought that has been going for years now and you're worried about people getting wet FFS. ](*,)
That must be one large drought.. melbourne to Townsville to NZ

Rexxy

Coach
Steel Steeler said:
For the record ive been to WIN, Canberra/Bruce Stadium (with and without the hill), Seiffert Oval, Shark Park, Parra Stadium, SFS, Stadium Aust., Energy Aust (with the hill), SCG (without hill)

LOL. What? No Kogarah? Why am I not surprised. You shoudl remove the name Dragon from you nic immediately.

Back on topic, the grounds that will do well in the future will be the ones with a good mix of seating. Corporate, Grandstand, Concourse and Hill.

Only 10 more sleeps and one of the countries best boutique grounds will come to life.

I can't wait, can you Preacher?

Can I get an "Amen"

DSCN1046.jpg

The Preacher

First Grade
Newcastle had 18,236 and I couldn't give a rats freckle about NZ. How many games have you both attended at Ericsson. The only way they can draw crowds is with paper and pencils.
How many games % wise would you say have drawn less crowds this year because of weather ???
I think Townsville may be different considering it is in the tropics, you dill, but I don't see any problem getting their crowds to games, and for the major part of the comp is in the DRY season anyway.

The Preacher

First Grade
Rexxy said:
LOL. What? No Kogarah? Why am I not surprised. You shoudl remove the name Dragon from you nic immediately.

Back on topic, the grounds that will do well in the future will be the ones with a good mix of seating. Corporate, Grandstand, Concourse and Hill.

Only 10 more sleeps and one of the countries best boutique grounds will come to life.

I can't wait, can you Preacher?

DSCN1046.jpg
Spent the weekend polishing my season ticket, which is in the UNCOVERED CONCOURSE. Drink time I think Rexxy !!! :alcho: AMEN.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Been to Suncorp? Go then tell me your 1/2 built suburbarn grounds, where you wet your pants at getting 18,000 at, are the image we want for the future of our great game.

AFL fans laugh their heads off when I talk about RL crowds and grounds. Soccer fans in Europe would think they had entered a time warp and gone back to 1976 if they visited some RL grounds.

The Preacher

First Grade
Perth Red said:
Been to Suncorp? Go then tell me your 1/2 built suburbarn grounds, where you wet your pants at getting 18,000 at, are the image we want for the future of our great game.

AFL fans laugh their heads off when I talk about RL crowds and grounds. Soccer fans in Europe would think they had entered a time warp and gone back to 1976 if they visited some RL grounds.

Well piss off to AFL or European soccer. You're like the Western Reds.......
NO GREAT LOSS.

PS. I've been to Lang Park, Suncorp, Aussie, Telstra and MCG. 47yr old sports fans get to a few venues Red. I was also at the '65 GF at the SCG with the official crowd being 78,056. I think know what I'm talking about fella.

Rexxy

Coach
Since when does anyone care what an AFL fan thinks? In fact, in a perfect world, whatever they say , you should do the opposite.

My straw poll of AFL fans yearn for the days of Morrabin Oval and Punt Road and plead their committees to take them back home, even for only 1 match a year.

Until league sells out every game, there is no financial reason to change a thing.

Perth Red said:

Steel Dragon

Bench
Rexxy said:

Did you really think I wanted to merge? Nothing against the Dragons - but I'll always be a Steelers supporter first and foremost.

And no - I havent been to Kogarah. And the way things are going there will be less and less chance to see a game there (what with the games being shifted to the SCG) I dont get to Sydney that often and when I do I have to go where the game is.

I can imagine there are thousands of supporters who have never been to their teams home grund - It doesnt make them any less of a fan.

Latest posts