What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
The idea that the Jedi have to die is an interesting one.
If you think about it, they're an insular, restrictive, powerful religion with damaging backwards views who only see things in black and white.
As Luke mentioned, they were responsible for the creation of many Sith.
Their restrictive rules cause students to crack under the strain, pushing them to the dark.
Their refusal to teach any students too old likely has the same effect, or best case, is a waste of potential.

The Jedi Order should be torn down and started again. It's not an end to the Jedi in the sense that there will be no more force users, but is the end of the Order. The new Jedi will likely thrive without the strict control of the Order, and will allow for many more shades of grey than just light vs dark. Maybe we'll see "Jedi" that are good but can use powers traditionally seen as 'dark side'? Rey whipping out some force lightning in the finale of Episode IX?
Force users will be found in all walks of life rather than elevating themselves above the rest as some sort of religion-police-military hybrid, as they were seen in the prequel era.

For fantasy nerds, Wheel of Time covers some similar ideas.
And the next thing you know these new Jedi will be knocking on your door asking you for 10mins of your time to discuss the force and handing out booklets... :joy::joy:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hahaha, geez...

Huffington Post and the other lefty shites are blaming the "alt-right".

All you have to do is look at Box Office Mojo to see that daily takings have plummeted when compared to The Force Awakens. The Last Jedi is $85 million down on where The Force Awakens was at this point.

Looks like the people who usually go to see these things 10 times have decided that once was more than enough.

Yeah so what about box office takings.

I bought tickets for me and me boy and thought it was crap. It was worse than Phantom Menace and now when I watch the original trilogy I know that it was all just a complete failure.

Seeing it once was enough.

Doubt if I'll be bothered to see number 9. Don't really care about any of the characters left.

Jack Deth

Juniors
I thought it was awful and was completely bored. Rogue One on the other hand was brilliant and is second only to ESB.

Jono078

Referee
Finally got around to my second viewing..

I can say I enjoyed it much more the second time around.

The reason I think I did enjoy it a lot more this time is I watched it for what it was. The first time I was watching anxiously waiting to see what one of the many theories I read would come true, and I was always waiting for the big Luke moments.

This time I just watched each scene and paid attention to the scenes for what they were.

I still have a couple of issues like Mary Poppins, but overall I enjoyed it much more.

Danish

Referee
Hahaha, geez...

Huffington Post and the other lefty shites are blaming the "alt-right".

All you have to do is look at Box Office Mojo to see that daily takings have plummeted when compared to The Force Awakens. The Last Jedi is $85 million down on where The Force Awakens was at this point.

Looks like the people who usually go to see these things 10 times have decided that once was more than enough.

Empire bombed compared to New Hope too. Lowest grossing Star Wars movie ever, actually.

Must be shit, I guess?

Generalzod

Immortal
George Lucas’ Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Had Last Jedi Similarities

George Lucas’ original vision for Star Wars: Episode VII resembles story elements used in Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi. In 2012, Lucas sold Lucasfilm and all its assets to The Walt Disney Company and handed over his story treatments for the Star Wars sequel trilogy. But when J.J. Abrams boarded Episode VII in 2013, he, co-writer Lawrence Kasdan, and the Star Wars Story Group abandoned Lucas’ ideas in favor of creating their own. And so, The Force Awakens was born.

In The Force Awakens, a girl named Rey comes across a Resistance droid and a First Order defector. They team-up and work with Han Solo and Chewbacca to get the map to the first Jedi temple to the Resistance. Along the way, Rey discovers she’s Force-sensitive and, eventually, pursues Luke Skywalker to be trained. In The Last Jedi, Rey begins her training under Luke Skywalker’s tutelage, though the Jedi Master doesn’t believe the Jedi should exist anymore. Of course, he ultimately faces his former pupil, Ben Solo a.k.a. Kylo Ren, and distracts the Supreme Leader long enough to allow the Resistance to flee. While The Last Jedi concludes Luke’s story, for the most part, that was actually supposed to be the basic elements of Lucas’ Episode VII.

RELATED: MARK HAMILL ON LAST JEDI: ‘HE’S NOT MY LUKE’

In the Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi book, it’s revealed that the first meeting to discuss The Force Awakens‘ plotline took place in January 2013 at Skywalker Ranch, where George Lucas showed off concept art for an older Luke Skywalker, a young Jedi padawan named Kira (later renamed Rey), and a bell-shaped design for the first Jedi temple (later redesigned and relocated to the planet Ahch-To). While most of these concepts were tossed out, some are on display in the new book. Here’s the concept art for the first Jedi temple (designed by VFX art director James Clyne):

https://screenrant.com/george-lucas-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-story/

beave

Coach
This guy had a better ability to hide.

images

And at least he stayed alive for a few months after being ‘discovered’....

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
I dont get the hate with lukes arc. Its really the only explanation to why hes hermited himself. Thought his acting improved over time.

Agree that kylos betrayal of snoke was as convincing as anakins turn to the dark side. A few more seconds of close ups on kylos face would be all that was needed or at least more in the speech to rey in the aftermath.

Leias spacewalk was a bit shoddy. Maybe if she was a bit less controlled and didnt move like mary poppins it would have been bit more believable.

Lol at people negging the physics of the bombers yet have no probs with space explosions and fighters going down.

Loved seeing imperial guards in action, the best scene.

There def seems to be an element of trying to make up for the gender imbalance in the previous movies.

Overall it was okay. Action at the cost of character development.

Generalzod

Immortal
I wonder which film has copped more backlash from their respective fans the last Jedi or Alien Covenant?

Mr Spock!

Referee
I wonder which film has copped more backlash from their respective fans the last Jedi or Alien Covenant?

As a fan of both, The Last Jedi hands down.

Disney would turn Alien into an animal rights movie. Vegan Chewie will probably die of starvation by then.

I can't believe the guy who made this has another trilogy to make.

Generalzod

Immortal
As a fan of both, The Last Jedi hands down.

Disney would turn Alien into an animal rights movie. Vegan Chewie will probably die of starvation by then.

I can't believe the guy who made this has another trilogy to make.
Spock where talking about Disney here haven't you ever seen Bambi, As for animals rights issues I've got no problem with that but not in Star Wars film.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Spock where talking about Disney here haven't you ever seen Bambi, As for animals rights issues I've got no problem with that but not in Star Wars film.

That's right.

Star Trek is the preachy sci-fi and we all know that.

Star Wars isn't.

It wouldn't surprise me if they go back and delete the scenes where Han cuts open the tauntaun and even the death of the Wampa in ESB.

The big difference between Covenant and Last Jedi is at least Covenant killed the characters we don't give a rats about and actually has a nasty villain. TLJ just keeps adding more and more characters (where's the token gay) while killing off those we do care about and has the stupidest weakest villains ever.

Latest posts