What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2K19 Discussion

MrBlack

Juniors
Maloney just had a lot more room to move this game.

Jake T was often at first receiver then a pass onto Cleary who was playing a lot wider in attack.

Cleary did very well to set up Maloney out wide with options.

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney just had a lot more room to move this game.

Jake T was often at first receiver then a pass onto Cleary who was playing a lot wider in attack.

Cleary did very well to set up Maloney out wide with options.

Nah Wade Graham is a better half than Cleary.

Fangs

Coach
If Graham plays 6 then we must carry a utility on the bench. The thought of Wighton and Graham as our halves if Maloney gets injured is scary.

Though I do like Graham. He will defend as well as Cleary and add some potency in attack just like last night. Puts pressure on Maloney's kicking game but Wighton isn't the worst option. First set last night looked planned with Wighton kicking. I thought we did a great job protecting Maloney overall and part of that was having those kicking options to take the pressure off.

franklin2323

Immortal
Would Graham of gone aswell at 0 all? Nope need the extra kicker. Cook and Graham are fine short kicking but need a bigger kick option besides Maloney

Fangs

Coach
Would Graham of gone aswell at 0 all? Nope need the extra kicker. Cook and Graham are fine short kicking but need a bigger kick option besides Maloney

It's one area Tedesco can work on. Outstanding player who developed a passing game. I'm sure he can do the same with kicks.

Wighton isn't so bad if we are positioned on the left in our own half. Decent long kicker.

Fangs

Coach
Perhaps Wade Graham will channel the might of Shaun Timmins and Greg Bird in game III.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wighton tried to cheat. Penalty try every day of the week. Should be 10 in the bin as well. I hope they change the rule.
Bin yes. Penalty try? No f**king way. He was over 10 metres from the ball and literally bombed a similar situation earlier where he didnt get close to grounding it.

It's barely 50/50 on if he would have scored.

OldPanther

Coach
Was no different then Peachey outside Maloney good stop gap only

It was a joke because that's what everyone is saying now.

Bin yes. Penalty try? No f**king way. He was over 10 metres from the ball and literally bombed a similar situation earlier where he didnt get close to grounding it.

It's barely 50/50 on if he would have scored.

It's a penalty try every time as there are no defenders to stop him. It doesn't have to be 100% certain of a try and I'm happy they changed that.

martielang

Bench
I have no issue with it being a penalty try. I think if you intentionally foul a player, benefit of the doubt (on whether he would of scored or not) should go to the attacking team. They seem to be a little more consistent with it this year.

I have no issue with it being a penalty try. I think if you intentionally foul a player, benefit of the doubt (on whether he would of scored or not) should go to the attacking team. They seem to be a little more consistent with it this year.

With how close he got to the ball I thought it was reasonable to call a penalty try. Take away the interference and he probably gets to it.

Pomoz

Bench
He's a big game half. But he also lost Panthers the last big game they played. Worst on ground vs Sharks in finals.
True, but he had neck surgery straight afterwards. He was playing severely busted and shouldn't have played.

Last edited: