What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

pantherz9103

First Grade
The main disappointment is for the Penrith boys not playing to their ability or firing like they can. Nathan never fired and Yeo was not quite himself after the first tackle.

I can take or leave Origin otherwise and I’m not just saying that after the loss because even when NSW won last year I was mad about us potentially paying the price for Cleary getting injured. Luckily we ended up winning the comp anyway.

Iamback

Coach
Cook was wide open close to their line twice on the 5th and refused to kick or run. Just passed back 15m to no one. Api plays we win

Not sure Api fixes it.

We had slow PTB due to the wrong type of forwards.

Very few offloads. If not for letting in the try no one would notice Sims out there

Iamback

Coach
I legit LOL'd when the commentators called Cleary the best player in the game. He isn't even the best Panther.

Cleary has honestly been pretty ordinary so far this year...well behind his 20 & 21 form.

For us this year the Standouts have been Yeo, Api, Kikau, Edwards, Tago & May.

I still have no idea how Crichton made the Blues team. He has been solid to good but he hasn't been a stand-out like Rep players should be.

I'd have no issue with Crichton as starter but as a Utility...was just dumb

Girds89

Bench
Cleary's kicking has been garbage this year. The variety is gone and he rarely goes for a 40/20 anymore.

Think ive said this after 75% of our games this year..

Hes kicking this year had been shithouse

Everyone should watch the replay...

He doesnt take it to the line even when we have momentum on the last...

He could have 12m space in front of him on the 5th and he just lines up to kick a bomb...

Its so poor..

Not sure how its come into his game. Bit it has to stop.

Ive said ALL YEAR bar probs 2 games hes kicked shit for us..

Tonight he kicks shit and we lose..

Its easy to blame others.

I think freddy got the prop rotation wrong.

But imo it comes back to the 7 and 6.

Cleary had a shocker.

Munster stood up.

Had cleary took the game on and kicked better we probs win..

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought it was a pretty good game overall, with Queensland deserving of there victory.

I understand the inevitable post mortem, everyone tried there best, a couple of the key moments and calls went Queensland’s way and in the end they came away with win.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I just hope we didn’t just get a sneak peak of how much time Cleary and Luai will get on the ball without Api and Kiks next year.
Oh yes we did. Obviously not origin speed but losing Api is on par with that bloke with paid for a pizza with 10k bitcoin 10 years ago

Iamback

Coach
Oh yes we did. Obviously not origin speed but losing Api is on par with that bloke with paid for a pizza with 10k bitcoin 10 years ago

Cleary on 2020 form does better and we have a better pack. So it won't be as bad but will be a punish

Smug Panther

First Grade
Made 51 tackles u goose.

Obviously was picked for a reason lol.

Only missed 4 all night in 80mins when the game speed was incredible... 51 tackles in origin.

Ur kidding urself
Ripped in all night but did bomb a try with the line wide open in the opening 10

Iamback

Coach
Made 51 tackles u goose.

Obviously was picked for a reason lol.

Only missed 4 all night in 80mins when the game speed was incredible... 51 tackles in origin.

Ur kidding urself

You don't think the pack was dominated?

Murray had 33 tackles. 80m. Try in 50mins. He is the body type to combat Cotter etc too

Last edited: