What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statue Honour For Eels Legend Ray Price

The Colonel

Immortal
STATUE HONOUR FOR EELS LEGEND RAY PRICE
13 December 2007
Legendary Parramatta Eels rugby player Ray Price will be honoured with a bronze statue at his home ground, the Parramatta Stadium Trust announced today.
"I've spoken to Ray and he's delighted with the plan," said Venue Manager Luke Coleman. "He will be offered a choice of two prominent locations at the stadium."
The Parramatta Stadium Trust has taken a commercial decision to change the name of the 120-seat Ray Price Lounge to the Cumberland Lounge. Another venue at the stadium, the Cumberland Suite, will be renamed the Ray Price Suite.
"The names are being switched for business reasons, but the move is in no way intended to disrespect Ray's enormous contribution to the Parramatta Eels," said Coleman.
"We understand and share the high regard our patrons and the broader Parramatta community hold for Ray."
The Trust will make representation to the Parramatta NRL Club to jointly fund the project.
Consultation will begin immediately on the location and construction of the statue, said Coleman

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1674.asp

fish eel

Immortal
Incidently:

The Trust will make representation to the Parramatta NRL Club to jointly fund the project.

The trust are also playing the game pretty well and not letting fitzy get off that easy :lol:

Well I didn't need to keep my mouth shut for too long :) Lucky, that.

Anyways, the two locations are out the back on the Western side, and the North-East corner of the stadium. Pricey is keen on the NE corner (from what I was told, anyways) because the Western entrace is basically hidden away from the view of most of the people coming to the Stadium.

So there ya go, folks, that's my big news.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
Well I didn't need to keep my mouth shut for too long :) Lucky, that.

Anyways, the two locations are out the back on the Western side, and the North-East corner of the stadium. Pricey is keen on the NE corner (from what I was told, anyways) because the Western entrace is basically hidden away from the view of most of the people coming to the Stadium.

So there ya go, folks, that's my big news.

tbh, I preferred some of the other rumours. (except the Suity one). ;-)

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Great news but it does kinda elevate him above our other legends. :?

Suitman

Post Whore
Gronk said:
Great news but it does kinda elevate him above our other legends. :?

That's true. Wasn't Ken Thornett affectionately known as "The Mayor of Parramatta?

Maybe we can get something going here Gronky.

The "Legends Mile" - or more accurately, "The Legends 150 metres" - with a row of statues of all our greatest players........??

Suity

Suitman said:
That's true. Wasn't Ken Thornett affectionately known as "The Mayor of Parramatta?

Maybe we can get something going here Gronky.

The "Legends Mile" - or more accurately, "The Legends 150 metres" - with a row of statues of all our greatest players........??

Suity

That would be most appropriate.

fish eel said:
Incidently:

The trust are also playing the game pretty well and not letting fitzy get off that easy :lol:

Yeah I noticed that to. So now it is the Parramatta eels putting money in to a new Development at Parramatta Stadium. . . .The One Ups manship is good for us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
while I'm on the wild rollercoaster ride as an eels supporter, I just like to say how happy i am that the Trust have done this.

excellent work.

Latest posts