What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stay on your wing ffs!!

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think he is a backup. He is a genuine first grader. He'll never play Origin but he might hit 100 career wins, and won't ever cost too much, leaving cap space for the stars.

Agree. Just issue is Penisni, Sivo and Russel are not a lot better if any. You need probably 2 guys in the backline who are higher level. Will amd Russel might be in 2024. If so then Simmo and Sivo will be ok.

the phantom menace

First Grade
It really is. It’s the type of thread I’d like to see more of, and as they say, be the change you want to see.
Probably the best thread you've ever initiated, and best (sensible, and less manic or stupidly contrary) comments you've responded with in all your years here. Well done :thumbup:

strider

Post Whore
I still think there has got to be an odd merkin out at the bunnies (unless they implode more)

And i assume its Tass ... we should have a crack at getting him. Quality centre

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think the failure is prior to the collision. You see Penrith, there's no need for wrestling because they get four merkins into the tackle before the attacker gets the chance to go to ground. With us we usually get one or two in, and the attacker has landed on his guts before anyone comes to help. It's about speed and effort off the ball, to get into the tackle as quickly as possible. Literally chasing the collision. We have a couple of big plodding merkins who jog back into the line past their mates who are trying to wrestle an attacker to the ground.

Yeah, fair call.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cotric would be the on id go for. My guess is he is on around 500k. If Canberra chip in 150k then 350k could be a steal and we send them Sanders.
Worse case Cotric is a solid NRL winger. Will only be 25 next season so just reaching his peak years.

JokerEel

Coach
Cotric would be the on id go for. My guess is he is on around 500k. If Canberra chip in 150k then 350k could be a steal and we send them Sanders.
Worse case Cotric is a solid NRL winger. Will only be 25 next season so just reaching his peak years.

Pass. Better to keep Sanders and use him to develop the players around him instead of over spending on a winger that has been useless for a few seasons now.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’ve been guilting of yelling ‘stay on your wing’. This thread highlights that it’s not that simple.

I’m still going to keep yelling it though. I’m looking at you Sivo!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Killer Kowolski?
*Linda

thumb3_Kozlowski-Crocodile-Dundee_739527.jpg

JokerEel

Coach

He just scored a good try and has been very energetic in defence so far!

T.S Quint

Coach
We need more review threads would get rid of the player blaming. I nominate @Poupou Escobar to lead

I’m on a 49ers fan forum as well, and after every game there are a couple of posters who do exactly what you did in this thread.
They go through a bunch of plays, and dissect them to see what went well or what went wrong.

They use still photos to break it down and then finish it off with a gif of the play. It’s awesome stuff and I wish I could do it myself but don’t have the time.

JokerEel

Coach
I’m on a 49ers fan forum as well, and after every game there are a couple of posters who do exactly what you did in this thread.
They go through a bunch of plays, and dissect them to see what went well or what went wrong.

They use still photos to break it down and then finish it off with a gif of the play. It’s awesome stuff and I wish I could do it myself but don’t have the time.

I Think there was a website that did do that for Eels games they did a couple but it does open your eyes on a few things I might get bored in the offseason and have a look at our games and do some screen shots of tries scored.