What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney and Parra

CrazyEel

Bench
Keating goes alright. He was one of our best best performers today, and was one of our best performers last week too. He's one guy that doesn't deserve to be a scapegoat over our last two losses.
As you can quite obviously tell I just don't agree with your assessment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought we were getting some centres next season? I must have been mistaken...

The only outside back guaranteed a spot next year is Wilfred Tonga.

If Morgan is in the first grade team next year anywhere we wont be looking at the top 8 again... Im not saying he will be the reason but if there isnt any better players at the club infront of him next year then yeah we wont be in the 8....

He's a very solid player and he's quick. Kearney rates him - Morgan has played first grade every week he's been available this year, and expect him to figure in first grade calculations next year.

He'll be competing with Atkins, Loko, Burt, Esi Tonga and maybe Sio (not sure of his contract status) for three backline spots, and none of them are guaranteed a place.

Poore and Shack at their best was 3 years ago.... Shack can take up his comedy routine if he wants with the shack attack crap or whatever it is...

Harsh. Shack turns 30 next year so on his way down, but Poore isn't even 27 yet. He's just had a f**ked knee.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
NO, I didn't say that at all, you have been making out Keating is of far more value than he actually is.

No, I'm saying for the role he plays he is more than good enough. You can win a premiership with a hooker like him - Manly did it in 2008.

Like I said in the first place he is a viable stop gap just like Robson but no more.

Robson's not good enough for first grade which is why we let him go. Keating is a solid first grader.

yy_cheng

Coach
What I hate about SK's rotation is that I think we need Mannah on more.

He starts and he plays the last 20.

He should be on when he has recovered from a short break. He is young.

Shack doesn't do it up front so get Mannah on as quick as possible.

hasman

Juniors
Coach of the year...congtrats on sacking Anderson....master stroke.

Mr Manly Keep Buying Players to win a Comp. How good is Lyon going at 750,000.00 a season.

Master Stroke I don't see your team or any other Nrl team Queing up to signing Supercoach Anderson.

hasman

Juniors
Sk and PN are developing a system which Most successful teams have had since 2005.

Parramatta as club havn't had a system since Brain Smith has gone. Yes SK will be very Successful.

Pazza

First Grade
i got faith in SK! He has recruited well (esp a Halfback), improved the teams fitness and blooded and retained many of the talented juniors at our club. While it has been a tough season we all knew we had a weak squad and were going to struggle. SK has been able to recruit and blood players in key positions that the club was weak in, so i do have great hopes next season that we will be a top 8 side!

DeanPay98

Juniors
I hate to say this but I think the market has delivered its verdict on DA. He just hasn't been considered when coaching jobs have come up.

SK needs time. Despite the spoon he's actually done quite well with a poor roster.

Eels Dude

Coach
I hate to say this but I think the market has delivered its verdict on DA. He just hasn't been considered when coaching jobs have come up.

SK needs time. Despite the spoon he's actually done quite well with a poor roster.

How do you define "quite well"? Finishing last?

Delboy

First Grade
EelsDde, you need to ask some questions directly of people, and you perhaps would back off a little from your comments.

There are massive changes going on at the club to improve how we operate , expect good things to come from that, we failed dismally in things that underpin performance since BS left. Have faith and you will be rewarded

Eels Dude

Coach
EelsDde, you need to ask some questions directly of people, and you perhaps would back off a little from your comments.

There are massive changes going on at the club to improve how we operate , expect good things to come from that, we failed dismally in things that underpin performance since BS left. Have faith and you will be rewarded

I agree on that part. But I'd rather wait to see how things pan out before I give those in charge a rap as any fan has the right to do.

Suitman

Post Whore
I agree on that part. But I'd rather wait to see how things pan out before I give those in charge a rap as any fan has the right to do.

That's the thing mate.
I don't see too many here giving SK a wrap. His supporters are quite rightly suggesting we give him time.
No one is happy about the position we find ourselves in. It was embarressing yesterday having the words "wooden spooners" thrown at us all afternoon.
I for one am highly disappointed with our season. It's been absolutely diabolical results wise. But I can also see what he is trying to achieve, and am prepared to give him time to produce it.
If we are again wooden spooners next year, it will be becoming much clearer that maybe Keaney wasn't the right choice. But until then, I'm not prepared to death ride him.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
To further on from my last point. We keep hearing about changes and structure but we don't hear any specifics about what's going on behind the scenes. The club has really cut back in their interactions with supporters this year. It's great we don't get board leaks any more, but you don't want to cut back on fan interaction to the point where your alienating your supporter base from the club. That'll just come back to bite them when it comes to next year's membership drive.

Suitman

Post Whore
To further on from my last point. We keep hearing about changes and structure but we don't hear any specifics about what's going on behind the scenes. The club has really cut back in their interactions with supporters this year. It's great we don't get board leaks any more, but you don't want to cut back on fan interaction to the point where your alienating your supporter base from the club. That'll just come back to bite them when it comes to next year's membership drive.

Stay tuned.

Suity