What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney takes break from Four Nations to lay down law to Eels players

Eels Dude

Coach
That's what I meant and you know it, I was talking about why he would take our job above others.

He took it because there were no other head coach gigs available and he was offered it. First grade coaching jobs are scarce man... if you're an assistant coach and if one is offered to you then you take it. He had a choice, accept a head coaching role at Parramatta, or spend another year, well more than likely years, at Melbourne under the wings of Bellamy.

boxhead

First Grade
He took it because there were no other head coach gigs available and he was offered it. First grade coaching jobs are scarce man... if you're an assistant coach and if one is offered to you then you take it. He had a choice, accept a head coaching role at Parramatta, or spend another year, well more than likely years, at Melbourne under the wings of Bellamy.

I've said already that I know, but what I am saying is that he also wanted to come here to turn a club around.

Eels Dude

Coach
I've said already that I know, but what I am saying is that he also wanted to come here to turn a club around.

How do you know that?????

I'm not having a go at Steve Kearney. But I bet he would have said yes to any club that offered him a head coaching job. It's only common sense.

natheel

Coach
How do you know that?????

I'm not having a go at Steve Kearney. But I bet he would have said yes to any club that offered him a head coaching job. It's only common sense.

How do you know that??

Stop picking it apart he's at parra and we should be backing him not arguing why he is here and what not!
I believe he will do a decent job in his first year

Eels Dude

Coach
How do you know that??

Stop picking it apart he's at parra and we should be backing him not arguing why he is here and what not!

Internet forums are for debate mate, we as Parra supporters share our views and opinions and discuss them. If you don't feel everyone has the right to express their opinion then that's your right, but don't have a f**king cry if others think otherwise and actually want to discuss our club and it's future.

mrpwnd

Bench
How do you know that??

I don't think eel dude is being critical of Kearney or questioning why he's even here.
He's just being realistic...Any coach/player given the money and opportunity will move anywhere.
I agree with him too, if Kearney were given the gig for the dragons for example, he'd probably choose them over us, I doubt we'd be in the first preference list for any aspiring coach tbh.
But with that said, Kearney is with us now and I hope he gives it his all for the duration of his contract...Or at least until he's here.

cv8z

Juniors

I know he was offered more money to go to Brisbane.

Skinner

Coach
Not necessarily. Wrong can be used as a noun. So it would be like saying your mistake, giving Eels Dude possession of his wrong

The correct syntax in this case would be your error......

I'll just grab me coat

84 Baby

Referee
The correct syntax in this case would be your error......

I'll just grab me coat
Correct, however I would suggest that wrong has replaced error in this case under the current culture.

Is the thread far enough off topic yet?

If not....

gower_narrowweb__300x390,0.jpg

Jodeci

Bench
NEW Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney reported for his first day on the job today as the Eels officially began off-season training. And across town at the Bulldogs Homebush headquarters it was also straight down to business as Kevin Moore cast a watchful eye over his troops.
Controversial Eels centre Timana Tahu was on hand and has reportedly agreed to be involved in a mediation process to settle the race row he's at the centre of.
Tahu is expected to meet with the Aboriginal teenager he is alleged to have called a "b*** c***" during the Aboriginal Knockout tournament
New Eels coach Kearney was joined by new recruit Carl Webb while down the road in neighbouring Homebush new Bulldogs playmakers Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating trained with their new teammates.
It might be just over month since the grand final. But after a season to forget, it was back to business for Canterbury and Parramatta today, with the first pre-season training session for 2011.

As is ritual, Bulldogs and Eels players began with gut busting running sessions, but at least Sydney's cloudy spring weather made it a little easier.
It was a case of meet and greet for both clubs with the Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore welcoming new buys Trent Hodkinson, Kreis Keating, Michael Lett and Aiden Tolman.
Across at Parramatta, new Eels mentor Stephen Kearney broke Four Nations camp to introduce himself to the squad, including new buy Carl Webb.
Moore said the club had recruited well and was ready to return to premiership contention in 2011.
``2010 showed we were deficient in a couple of areas and our depth was challenged like it wasn't in '09,'' he said.
``We had a number of injuries and probably the depth wasn't what it needs to be and we looked to improve on that and and we've certainly bought some quality in.''
Canterbury hooker Michael Ennis said Bulldogs fans should be optimistic.
``The fans should be really excited what's going to happen in 2011 as I know us players are,'' he said.
``We are glad to be here today to put the season behind us that we had and knowing that we're going to be much better next year.
``There's a few new additions but there's a lot of motivation for us guys that were here this year with such a let down.''

Latest posts