What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney waits on rubber stamp for Eels job [AND THURSTON!]

Delboy

First Grade
Upset hundreds and thousands of fans, which world are you in, I mix in the junior league circles and I can tell you most of them think it was a good thing as DAs coaching stint did nothing to improve the club.

Just shows exaggeration by some of the doomsayers.

forward pass

Coach
I think it is becoming clear that 2011 will be a year where we will just make up the numbers. We will have a new coach, a lot of 'fill in' players, boardroom elections which always affect on-field performances and no serious progress made on fixing our half, five-eighth and dummy half problems. Might be a nice time to take a long holiday

I think it 2012 is where it's at. I would say (hope) we will be serious contenders that year. Just going to suck having to wait for it.:whistle

Delboy

First Grade
I think you will find that CC has an option in his favour at the end of 2011, and I understand there was some movement to bring it forward but quite rightly the Storm would not consider it.

boxhead

First Grade
I think the 20 + ex Eels players need to form a consolidated group/ticket quickly now and write a letter to both the 3P board and to Stephen Kearney telling them that the decision to sack Daniel Anderson went against the will of more than 70% of all Eels fans, members, etc, and that they (and the fans) will not tolerate their collusion and deceit, etc, to damage this club any further. The dealings (sounding out) with Kearney were going on much more than one month ago. How does Kearney sleep at night?????? and for that matter Spagnolo and the other members of this 3P cabal??? The message should be clear that the moment this new group takes control of the footy club in December 2010 they will force the removal of Kearney immediately and reinstall Daniel Anderson. AND NO MONEY WILL BE PAID by the Eels club - Let Paul Osborne and 3P pay Kearney out of their own pockets. WE NEED TO GET TOUGH NOW and hound them all out of the club. The message should be very clear.... WE DO NOT WANT ANYONE WITH A FORK TONGUE REPRESENTING THE EELS - A MANS WORD (handshake) IS EVERYTHING.

What? Why should Stephen Kearney be nervous or be guilty about what happened to Anderson?
Agree with the sentiments about the rest of the post, not everyone agrees with you mate, you would be surprised.

I think you will find that CC has an option in his favour at the end of 2011, and I understand there was some movement to bring it forward but quite rightly the Storm would not consider it.

That's interesting.....so that's why they say Cronk is an option for 2012 alongside Quade Cooper?

I don't think Stephen Kearney is waiting around.

Saw him deep in consultation with Hayden Knowles and Anita Sirotic at the back of Parramatta Stadium today. Then again that might be only for the New Zealand Team.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
OK, maybe I should have said around 70%. Most, if not all the polls indicate such a figure of support for Daniel Anderson and, from the 20 years involved in business & marketing, etc, and particularly from the last 5 years of the Love For Life work I do, for every one voice who voices their opinion against something that goes against their conscience and morals (they see it as being wrong), there is at least another 7 who feel the same way but don't speak out for a variety of reasons. In some cases it goes as high as 9.

sooperdooper

First Grade
I think it is becoming clear that 2011 will be a year where we will just make up the numbers. We will have a new coach, a lot of 'fill in' players, boardroom elections which always affect on-field performances and no serious progress made on fixing our half, five-eighth and dummy half problems. Might be a nice time to take a long holiday

I think it 2012 is where it's at. I would say (hope) we will be serious contenders that year. Just going to suck having to wait for it.:whistle

we made up the numbers in 2010....

84 Baby

Referee
OK, maybe I should have said around 70%. Most, if not all the polls indicate such a figure of support for Daniel Anderson and, from the 20 years involved in business & marketing, etc, and particularly from the last 5 years of the Love For Life work I do, for every one voice who voices their opinion against something that goes against their conscience and morals (they see it as being wrong), there is at least another 7 who feel the same way but don't speak out for a variety of reasons. In some cases it goes as high as 9.
Well that will give you 8 to 10 people.

Seriously I think you'll find most supporters were initially angry at the decision but that was more about how it was played out in media, and now most supporters have accepted the decision and to an extent agree with it.

Like another certain poster, you appear to have made the cardinal sin of making one man bigger than the club

84 Baby

Referee

I can envisage doing the impossible and actually making a winning start to the season. I think we'll then go a bit patchy and finish in a similar place as we did this year and last i.e. fighting it out to scrape into finals

Seriously I think you'll find most supporters were initially angry at the decision but that was more about how it was played out in media, and now most supporters have accepted the decision and to an extent agree with it.

Like another certain poster, you appear to have made the cardinal sin of making one man bigger than the club

Good call mate.

DanTheEelMan

Juniors

I was pretty down about DAs sacking to be honest.
Mainly because of how poorly it was handled.
I don't think he deserved that kind of treatment irrespective of how he performed.

But moving on...

I will support who ever ends up with the gig but I fear the same fate may await the new coach is if he can't get the team performance to the level we know they can play at.

boxhead

First Grade
i am sure... thurston could be sacked for a certain reason :)

Problem is if he is sacked, do you want him? Particularly regarding that certain reason

If Thurston was sacked-which I doubt will happen, although we do know that certain of the Cowboys board members do want to get rid of him-I would take him with open arms, and I am sure having Kearney as coach would help that deal along.....
However, I have 99.9% doubt that it will happen.

parra pete

Referee
I have lost all respect for the present Club administration - and with it - the passion that goes with being a Parramatta supporter.
They are bunch of amateurs trying to run a Football Club..and they are doing it without scruples or principles. The vampires are in charge of the blood bank..
But me bailing out is neither here nor there. Just sad for me.
I will enjoy supporting my local Club more these days, but I do enjoy the banter on this forum, and have not abandoned it. I find it most relaxing, and I have made some good friends on here, and I hope they remain friends. Variety is the spice of life...
Ob la di, ob la dah...

Latest posts