What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Irwin dead..crikey!

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Second Bella - I wasn't really a fan of his work, but he was such an enthusiastic, happy and _genuine_ person I can't help but feel sad at his passing. Somehow he managed to go through fame and fortune, and world wide adoration and still maintain his friendliness, his openness, and to not let it all change him. And I think that's enormous.

I hope he receives a state funeral - with everything he's done for Australia, he deserves that kind of commendation.

Iafeta

Referee
I was a big fan of his growing up. He is absolutely massively popular outside of Australia, the Yanks love him, and in New Zealand its no different. I remember once talking on the phone to a girl from America for about half hour, and 90% of the conversation was her gabbing about Steve Irwin.

Because of all the work he put into animal conservation, enlightening people on the realities, and trying to foster a way for us to all live in the circle of life together - his passion, his enthusiasm, his dedication - he was a hero of mine. I seriously considered going down the animal conservation path myself at one stage, because of his influence on my thoughts in life.

It was an honour to get to see a bloke like Steve Irwin, ableit on the screen. A true Aussie hero. Here's hoping there's a minutes silence at Suncorp this week. God bless to Terri and the kids.

Latest posts