What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Mascord has a rant

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Mascord is excellent.

he left the mainstream for the very fact that we all despise the Tele and the f**king Jingoism.

On ya Steve.

Brutus

Referee
Mascord is excellent.

he left the mainstream for the very fact that we all despise the Tele and the f**king Jingoism.

On ya Steve.

Yep.

I used to enjoy his stuff in the SMH and was extremely disappointed when he went to the Telecrap. Cash was obviously the reason.

But he soon pissed off from that rag as it didn't suit his style and is back writing decent stuff again.

I like his output in RLW. He writes on many of the REAL issues in RL. Love his work on ABC Grandstand too.

Stop the whingeing about access to players though Steve ;-)

Last edited:

M2D2

Bench
If i was a rugby league player i wouldnt let alot of the media near me. Bloody DUI and Weedler especially.

Once Dead

Bench
Mascord is excellent.

On ya Steve.

Agreed. He is probably the last genuine rugby league writer left.....one who actually fights for the sport and doesn't sacrifice it at the altar of public opinion whenever possible.

Haircut or not, Mascord is our man. Rugby league needs journalists like him.....he should be afforded privileges that the other sensationalist hacks howl about not having (even though they have blatantly kicked the crap out of league at any and every opportunity).

Brutus

Referee
The best qld journalist is Steve Ricketts. He's a rl man through and through as well.

pk76

Juniors
i have no idea why any player would want to talk to Rothfield, Webster or Ritchie

all suck especially Webster

Webster was good when he was at SMH. He obviously sold his soul to Rupert.

Roy Masters is an excellent journo. He was the first one to raise the inadequacy and cause of the current TV deal.

Patorick

Staff member
Webster was good when he was at SMH. He obviously sold his soul to Rupert.

Roy Masters is an excellent journo. He was the first one to raise the inadequacy and cause of the current TV deal.
Was. Just a mouthpeice for Bellamy these days.

With all due respect to him.

Patorick

Staff member
So Steve, what chance an on-air debate between you, Debbie Spillane (former FootyTab board member) and David Morrow about about the Tom Waterhouse situation and gambling advertising in sports?

aads

Juniors
I like Mascord - he should host the footy show

At least they would talk footy

Not shit with more feel good keeping up appearances bits -

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
So Steve, what chance an on-air debate between you, Debbie Spillane (former FootyTab board member) and David Morrow about about the Tom Waterhouse situation and gambling advertising in sports?

I've not listened to much ABC radio on Sundays this year, have they brought it up?

Stagger Lee

Bench
Cheers fellas, but the real thanks must go to Bunniesman. Me replying to the self righteous twat basically has resulted in League's best journo personally kicking his arse as well. That is pure gold! :lol::lol:

Awesome stuff. Shame I missed out on this classic bunnyliar moment when it happened.

:lol:

TheRam

Coach
You seem like a decent enough person Steve Mascord, but boy you're a precious little princess. Shock horror, a journalist gets lied to, someone quick alert the media. Oh wait you supposedly are the media.

What the hell, stop whinging and do some hard nosed investigative journalism. All these butterboy soft arses. Did you really think that the truth in any field i.e. sport, politics, entertainment or any other sphere is just handed up without a fight and bloody hard work.

All people only let on what they want to let on and that generally means what is in their best interest not yours. So if you choose to quit, fine. You obviously love the game, as do most of us here, but also as most of us here, you aren't cut out to be a investigative journalist who has to dig for the story. You obviously wish the world would just open up to you because you're different and kinda special.