What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Noyce Gone!!

Madsharkie

First Grade
WTF?! I thought he was a decent operator. Maybe it has something to do with the 'quick' Carney sacking (speculating)?

Cronulla has plunged further into turmoil with the wooden spooners parting company with chief executive Steve Noyce.

The club is now without a chief executive or a coach, as Shane Flanagan is still serving a suspension for his role in the supplements scandal of 2011.
Sharks players involved in the supplements program were offered backdated bans for unwittingly taking banned substances, and the majority took the deals offered by ASADA.

The club finished last following another year of turmoil that included the sacking of Todd Carney, the Sharks' highest-ever paid player, over a vile photo that went viral.

The Sharks released a statement announcing a restructure of the executive management of the club with a view to appointing a group chief executive across the football club, leagues club and upcoming property development joint venture with Bluestone. As a result, Noyce has been made redundant.

The restructure comes on the back of a wide-ranging review conducted led by Cronulla chairman Damian Keogh and the board.
"We have had a look at effective operating models of some of the top sporting clubs locally and internationally and it was apparent that we need an operating and leadership model to maximise the opportunities ahead of the club in the next few years," Keogh said.

"We have come through two of the hardest years in the history of the club and it is now time to move forward. We have considerable revenue coming to the club from our development over the next few years and must invest this wisely to ensure our long-term viability in the NRL.

"I would like to thank Steve Noyce for his dedication and commitment over the past two years. His experience in guiding the club through the ASADA issue was invaluable. He leaves the club with great respect and many supporters."

The Sharks are now actively searching for a new group chief executive to lead the leagues and football club businesses, and anticipate finalising this appointment in the coming months. In the interim, Sharks Leagues Club chief executive Marcelo Veloz will fill the position of Sharks Group CEO until the search is complete.

"We are very enthusiastic about the future of the Sharks both as a successful NRL franchise and as a business," Keogh said.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ef-executive-steve-noyce-20141022-11a58a.html

Madsharkie

First Grade
Sounds like a positive move for the future, but wtf would you give him the arse when the replacement isn't ready to start (or even selected)?

cb4

First Grade
Sounds like a positive move for the future, but wtf would you give him the arse when the replacement isn't ready to start (or even selected)?

Don't make an assumption off the back of a press release. The club would have done a thorough review to make a decision to go with a group rather than a sole candidate.

What Keogh said, what he wanted to say, and what was released would all be different. Have patience, I am sure this is for the greater good of the club.

We are finally putting together a business model, good news guys.

taipan

Referee
Never a dull moment at the Sharks.This will take away some of the publicity about the new Wallaby's coach Checkmate,so it has its positives.

If the club has done a thorough review of what has gone on,and sees the need to become truly professional ,I have no problems.
Though Noyce seemed a decent guy.

At least it's better than some player atrocity,which Bourbon/the Sloth or Horsehead,would sink their teeth into..

coolumsharkie

Referee
Cronulla has plunged further into turmoil with the wooden spooners parting company with chief executive Steve Noyce

:lol:

Yeah well we certainly deserve it.

I think I need to take some DMT and exorcise this f**king demon from my incarnation!

What do you charge SadShark?

Generalzod

Immortal
"We have come through two of the hardest years in the history of the club and it is now time to move forward. We have considerable revenue coming to the club from our development over the next few years and must invest this wisely to ensure our long-term viability in the NRL.
Now they can do the same to Flanagan and start clean....

Last edited:

kal83

Juniors
Another rash decision IMO. What is a Group Chief Executive? Surely Noyce would have been a better Interim GCE:)lol:) then Veloz?

In saying that could this be the end of our Front Office problems? Experience tells me not.

sharknows

Bench
Another rash decision IMO. What is a Group Chief Executive? Surely Noyce would have been a better Interim GCE:)lol:) then Veloz?

In saying that could this be the end of our Front Office problems? Experience tells me not.

Far from a rash decision....I'd say this has been in the planning for some time and maybe....just maybe will be the end of our front office problems.