What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price

dragonv

Juniors
Logged on to see if Price had been sacked yet.

Doesn't look like it.

I'll come back later and check.

Father Ted

First Grade
Sorry, I think this is bullshit. If a team is smart enough they can turn things around quickly. Canterbury 2008 wooden spoon to 2009 finishing second.

Stupid roosters did same thing under Brian Smith......spoon to GF next year.

All depends on how smart a clubs front office is , Since we have been in decline for two and a half years .. Draw you're own conclusion. We won't be pushing clubs like Souths,Easts or Melbourne out the way for second spot next year .The buck stops apparently with Steve Folkes.

Last edited:

Lethal25

Juniors
Keeping the same setup as we have, primarily the coach will end up costing them money. It's not impossible to think that membership alone could drop by 4,000 for next year at say an average cost of $200 each, that's $800,000 more than enough to cover a severance package for Price.

If I were Price there's no way I walk though, keep getting paid and hope things turn around cause no-one is gunna give him another job unless something positive is occuring

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Keeping the same setup as we have, primarily the coach will end up costing them money. It's not impossible to think that membership alone could drop by 4,000 for next year at say an average cost of $200 each, that's $800,000 more than enough to cover a severance package for Price.

If I were Price there's no way I walk though, keep getting paid and hope things turn around cause no-one is gunna give him another job unless something positive is occuring

Who'd be stupid enough to give up a gig where you get paid shit loads to not do anything?

Minh

First Grade
the club should realise their error in extending Price's contract which at the time it wasn't the worse move winning 3 in a row but its clear now that he's not up to it and just pay out Priceys contract and bring in a new coach for 2014 otherwise we'll sit through another two seasons of acheiving nothing no matter who you buy in the playing roster.

W.Smith

Juniors
I was at the game tonight and I overheard Doust say " we have so many injuries and the roosters are a very good side"... Word for word that is what this f**k wit said. He is making excuses for absolute rubbish coaching and selections

as i left the Penrith 19-0 loss a couple weeks ago i was walking past Dousty as he sed to a few fans talking to him "no need to worry, we'll be back again nxt week and its all on again"

to get trounced twice at Kogarah in succession is not only sad but has to be embarrassing to the players and th coach whose 'shock' five eighth was again hopeless as he has been since he started wearing Jamie's shirt and was predicted to be the failure he has been yet Price keeps picking him in 6 when he is clearly useless for the spot and should be back in the centres where Nate Green needs to be dumped from - hasnt this Kid gone backwards !!!

chase hard for Tony Smith, a good coach who has put in the hard yards in th ESL and not one of the usual names that come up when coaches names are being tossed around by the NRL media and even moreso after i watched his Wolves scored a really solid if ugly ESL win over Leeds yesty morning

ive been watching Smith since he first went over their now and have often wondered why NRL clubs steer clear of him and just put it down to their own opinions of ESL, but Madge Maguire shouldve put that to rest

Smith might evn brush Saints anyway but id at least like to see Dousty have a go at getting him - and being an ex Dragon and an ex Steeler that should qualify him under Dousty's organic policy thing ;-)

dragondonar1

Juniors
I personally think the club should keep price for this year and place massive bets against us. With the money won hire the best coach available. This is the only reason to keep price on as coach. With him we don't have a hope in winning any games.

jimmyk

Juniors
Guys trying to raise numbers before tomorrows forum ... Please sign petitions24.com/iceprice .... Btw does anyone know what time it starts??

possm

Coach
as i left the Penrith 19-0 loss a couple weeks ago i was walking past Dousty as he sed to a few fans talking to him "no need to worry, we'll be back again nxt week and its all on again"

to get trounced twice at Kogarah in succession is not only sad but has to be embarrassing to the players and th coach whose 'shock' five eighth was again hopeless as he has been since he started wearing Jamie's shirt and was predicted to be the failure he has been yet Price keeps picking him in 6 when he is clearly useless for the spot and should be back in the centres where Nate Green needs to be dumped from - hasnt this Kid gone backwards !!!

chase hard for Tony Smith, a good coach who has put in the hard yards in th ESL and not one of the usual names that come up when coaches names are being tossed around by the NRL media and even moreso after i watched his Wolves scored a really solid if ugly ESL win over Leeds yesty morning

ive been watching Smith since he first went over their now and have often wondered why NRL clubs steer clear of him and just put it down to their own opinions of ESL, but Madge Maguire shouldve put that to rest

Smith might evn brush Saints anyway but id at least like to see Dousty have a go at getting him - and being an ex Dragon and an ex Steeler that should qualify him under Dousty's organic policy thing ;-)

I'm told that Tony Smiths contract ends the same year as Bennetts. He is not available.

Available for next year would be Sheens, Brian Smith, maybe Taylor, maybe Barrett, maybe Anderson etc.

Gomarchin

Juniors
I'd be going after Tony Smith but it looks like MacGregeor might get the top job if Price is punted...

2003 - 2008 Huge potential, inconsistent, rookie coach and soft underbelly
2009 - 2011 Consistent, benchmark, Premiership
2012 - 2013 Inconsistent, rookie coach, soft underbelly and worst attack in league.
2014?

possm

Coach
To be honest if they went with Mary Macgregor, the fans would riot. He is even a bigger dill.

tumbidragon

First Grade
What's peoples thoughts on Kev Walters or J Taylor?
Kev is a tough nut, who would sought out our playing roster in no time imo. Taylor has shown promise with his time at the helm of both the Eels and Rabbits (got them to the semis for the first time in a couple decades).

dragonv

Juniors
Name any name you like. They all sound like Wayne Bennett in comparison to Steve Price.

Kev Walters could be brilliant.

FlameThrower

Bench
What's peoples thoughts on Kev Walters or J Taylor?
Kev is a tough nut, who would sought out our playing roster in no time imo. Taylor has shown promise with his time at the helm of both the Eels and Rabbits (got them to the semis for the first time in a couple decades).

Hmm not sure. I recall Wters on Today show a few yrs back with his Friday footy chats, came across as nice guy Qld Larikan style? Taylor not sure, but it's minutes to midnight so we are short on options?

This Year?

Immortal
As long as Price is coach, I won't be attending any games, buying any merch etc. Enough is enough.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
"We need to have a good look at ourselves," Price said.

"I think the bye has come at a good time.

"The boys get away and clear their heads and get back to training and strip it back and get back to basics and simplify it.

"I told the boys we are going through a bit of a difficult time.

"It's all about hanging tough now and supporting each other."

Hahhahahahaha! Didn't we only have the bye 2 weeks ago FFS! Disgraceful!

Latest posts