What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Rogers.

ali

Bench
I never saw him play, but it's sad to see our greatest player pass away. RIP Steve Rogers.

Quigs

Immortal
Champions are Champions - but they are also human. Always remember a departed Champion as he should be - a Champion.

Seeing some of the highlights of Sludge during the news reports just made me realize how lucky I was to watch him play. From 73 through to the end of his career.

It brought back memories of my time at Gymea High School, it was a relatively new High School when i went there. we were due to play Janalli High School - and at the time I think Steve was there. could be wrong. It was a long time ago...... maybe a punter can confirm if he attended Janalli.

Well we had to make our way by train to play Janalli. Well by the time the train had departed from its first stop after Gymea, namely Kirrawee, half our team had decamped from the train and by the time we were due to run on - there were not enough of us and it was forfiet time.

we had a sh!t team and were usually flogged. But Janalli had some big monsters....

Cheers
Quigs

Southern Shark

Juniors
True Quigs, he went to Jannali High briefly I recall. Gee I had forgotton that and I went to that school as well. One memory is every Thursday walking up to Waratah or Sutherland Oval for Sport usually Rugby League. Had to go via the Steve Rogers Sports Store more or less where Liquorland is now at Sutherland to see if the great man was in the store. Probably half the shire bought football boots in that store during the years it was open hoping to see the Legend. Bought a pair of Adidas aluminium studded boots with lime green sole and the three stripes as worn by the players around 1978 from that store. Ah, Great memories.