What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Turner released, staying in Melbourne

innsaneink

Referee
El Diablo said:
lol

but Wally Waldron said they'd get no juniors and no compo.

It seems it's Wally that has realised the error of his ways

Haha...whats your point?
He hardly made such a big deal of it as Searle...and now Searles crumbled.
Theyre both weak as piss....Waldrons a liar too....and Searle pisses in too many pockets in his quotes.

El Diablo

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Haha...whats your point?
He hardly made such a big deal of it as Searle...and now Searles crumbled.
Theyre both weak as piss....Waldrons a liar too....and Searle pisses in too many pockets in his quotes.

he didn't? lol

hes been going on for quite some time thered be no swaps and no compo

remind me of what happened in the end

MSKnight

Juniors
Hoggy said:
Quinn came south, for the chance to become a First Grade centre

I really dont think so!

We all Know at Newcastle why he left, because of the $$$ He was Offered was like double to what he got.

He Paired up with Carmont Last Year who can also Play Wing, So if thats the Case, Hoggy Why didnt they swap? I'm sure if Quinn asked Hages, In atleast One Game they would have tried it.

Quinn went because Turner was going to the Titans and there was a Position Vacant.

Bet his Spewin Now

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: searle is a wanker, cant believe after all the huffing and puffing, he buckled. So much for Turner not being granted a release unless they got comp, proctor and samau... And Waldren is even worse, what ever happened to not giving up juniors? And then going to wipe his hands clean of the situation :lol:

I can only imagine how David Gallop feels...clowns to the left of him, jokers to the right...

Ice777

Bench
knightlover said:
Quinn went because Turner was going to the Titans and there was a Position Vacant.

Bet his Spewin Now

That's not entirely correct, if at all. Quinn signed with the Storm a week before Turner agreed to play with the Tits. So with that being the case as far as Quinn or anyone else knew, Turner was still going to be at the Storm this season. Not to mention Quinn was signed by us to offset the loss of Webster if we did and not Turner because as mentioned at that stage Steve was still with us

[furrycat]

Coach
Turner is a gutless wank.

Why couldn't he be a man like Carney and actually go and talk to them face to face rather than signing behind their backs? Didn't get to court because they didn't have a chance, and the Titans got the better deal.

Turner couldn't keep his lies straight. Absolute tosser

Hoggy

Bench
knightlover said:
I really dont think so!

We all Know at Newcastle why he left, because of the $$$ He was Offered was like double to what he got.

He Paired up with Carmont Last Year who can also Play Wing, So if thats the Case, Hoggy Why didnt they swap? I'm sure if Quinn asked Hages, In atleast One Game they would have tried it.

Bet his Spewin Now

Quinn signed before either Webster or Turner had "signed" for Gold Coast. Also Chris Walker was still on our books then too.

Bellamy offered him Webster's centre position, because he took forever stalling on his contract.

lotti

Bench
ED unlike Searle, Waldron hasn't been in the media every other week bad-mouthing the other side.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
Why couldn't he be a man like Carney and actually go and talk to them face to face rather than signing behind their backs?

Turner did meet with Searle and told him straight he didn't want to play for the Titans (besides the fact he didn't have "compassionate grounds" for Searle to release him), now as it turns out Turner is right, he isn't playing for the Titans but for the Storm instead!!

lotti

Bench
Turner also before the signing with the Storm was announced rang the Titans up and told them he wanted out.

El Diablo

Post Whore
lotti said:
ED unlike Searle, Waldron hasn't been in the media every other week bad-mouthing the other side.

well Waldron had done the wrong thing so deserved a spray

Perth Red

Post Whore
How can wanting to change careers be "compassionate grounds"? Fair enough if his dog had died but there doesn't seem to be much compassion needed to move to another country and do something different?

El Diablo

Post Whore
lotti said:
he went to the NRL before offering Turner a contract ED how is that doing the wrong thing?

whoopee do

if i went to the Pope before i rooted my neighbours wife it wouldnt make it right

lotti

Bench
yeah but as far as the Storm were conserned Turner was signable because he told them he hadn't signed a contract with the Titans, the NRL had said the Titans hadn't lodged anything with them which they are supposed to within 10 days. Do you think Searle stuffed up here?

lotti

Bench
yeah but they didn't warn the Storm that if the Titans chose to they could throw a spanner into the works.

Latest posts