What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Turner released, staying in Melbourne

DeeGan

Bench
lotti said:
yeah but that's probably not what he really thinks about them but he didn't want to stoop to Searle's level. All of those that are saying Turner's nothing special, he scored 18 tries last year and that was out of his then favoured position of full back.

Turner did his job at wing and fullback very well - he is not IMO classed as "special".

Putting him in the class of Inglis and co. is wrong.

Scoring 18 trie was a great feat, though it was his job on the end of a pretty classy backline ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
DeeGan said:
Turner did his job at wing and fullback very well - he is not IMO classed as "special".

Putting him in the class of Inglis and co. is wrong.

Scoring 18 trie was a great feat, though it was his job on the end of a pretty classy backline ;-)

Only you are putting him in Inglis' class, your determination whats special and what isnt may not be someone elses

Willow

Assistant Moderator
UndertakerMike said:
As opposed to the Titans acting like spiolt school girls. I know which method I am more respectful of.
But Waldron said the Titans were professional throughout, so your CEO disagrees with you.

UndertakerMike said:
What can he say????

Humble in Victory eh? :badgrin:

:sch:
More like humility in defeat.
Last time I checked, it was the Storm who were parting with the readies. Referred to as compensation, and acknowledgement that Turner was contracted to the Titans.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Right, so you're saying he's not being entirely truthful?

Let me put it this way, do you think that Searle and the Titans have acted in a professional manner?

DeeGan

Bench
innsaneink said:
Only you are putting him in Inglis' class, your determination whats special and what isnt may not be someone elses

Agree, I did add an "IMO" in there - perhaps I should have reiterated the point.

Each to their own.

As much as I like Steve Turner, does anyone really think he is a "special" player?

Willow said:
But Waldron said the Titans were professional throughout, so your CEO disagrees with you.

Last time I checked, it was the Storm who were parting with the readies. Referred to as compensation, and acknowledgement that Turner was contracted to the Titans.
You should learn to read better then.

Steve Turner is parting with the readies and the Storm are getting their player.

Really no one will ever know what was said behind closed doors and by whom in the negotiating process.

Anyone who says they do is an idiot of the highest order.

Willow said:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21071706-14823,00.html

I'm begining to like proving you wrong. :D

Article said:
It is believed Melbourne will stump up the $85,000 to the Titans, but Turner will pay back the sum to Storm.

No need to apologise to me as I'm not taking it that seriously anyway now ST is back with the team most top players want to play for. ;-)

lotti

Bench
wasn't he one of the reasons Melbourne was minor premiers last year Mike? Of course towards the end of the season he was a tad distracted and not just by the Turner Saga.

lotti

Bench
what you didn't see the picture of Kate? And I said one of the reasons, Melbourne had a few others like Greg Inglis.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
UndertakerMike said:
You should learn to read better then.

I was going to suggest you do the same:

"We would also like to acknowledged that throughout this period Michael Searle and the Titans have acted in a professional manner, for which we are appreciative".
-Brian Waldron

Willow

Assistant Moderator
UndertakerMike said:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21071706-14823,00.html

I'm begining to like proving you wrong. :D

No need to apologise to me as I'm not taking it that seriously anyway now ST is back with the team most top players want to play for. ;-)

On the contrary, I asked earlier in the thread for clarification. Post # 191.

At the time the reports were saying the Storm were paying the $ and juniors. Which they are. Only now there is a report which says it is 'believed' that Turner will pay it back.

In fact, I said I'd be happy to be shown another report if one became available.

Thanks, but you're not proving anyone wrong. But hey, if that makes you feel taller tonight, then good for you.

lotti

Bench
I think Mike means read between the lines, you know what Waldron isn't saying I don't think he liked what Searle said about him in the media.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They're big boys lotti. Waldron was hardly perfect in his public commentary.
I suspect they shook hands and made up afterwards.