What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Turner released, staying in Melbourne

meltiger

First Grade
Charlie124 said:
I wouldnt have a chance to say it to his face

Ahh, can anyone spot the 15yo hero with the quick mouth.

Prepared to bag him on the net but not man enought to do it to his face. :thumn

Charlie124

First Grade
meltiger said:
Prepared to bag him on the net but not man enought to do it to his face. :thumn

I could say youre doing the same to me now.

And if you care to do some research youll notice i didnt "bag" him, i simply said i hope he breaks his leg in pre-season, and i stick by it. Thanks for your input though, show yourself out.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Meltiger said:
Prepared to bag him on the net but not man enought to do it to his face.
Ah Meltiger... the memories. Don't worry bud, your secret is safe. ;-)

Moffo

Referee
Willow said:
You're getting confused Moffo. It was the Turner and the Storm who were hinting at legal action. The Titans never made any such threats. It was Turner and the Storm who decided against carrying through with any legal action.

The fact is that even Turner was quoted as saying that he made an agreement. His only hope lay in whether or not the Titans would release him. The Titans said OK but they wanted compensation from the Storm. They finally got it, and Turner was released.

no need to be condescending willow :cool:

anyway, gold coast wouldn't let him out of his contract for months. I suggest you go read a few quotes from Searle, who was dead against him leaving. Funny that his tune changed...can you explain to me why?

lotti

Bench
ala Joel Monaghan Charlie? I'm prepared to vent my anger at the Titans over the whole saga in round 25, it's just a pity they're not playing Manly when I'm in Sydney. Moffo I'm thinking it's got something to do with Mr. Rogers.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1999 said:
proctor was never going anywhere, i have a sneaky feeling this is why this dragged out so long, melbourne know the potential this kid has, i think him and searle were just trying to sort out which 2 players they'd get, and i think stubborn waldron dug his heels in on proctor, as for issac, very injury prone, as is samau, both are under 175 cm and carry bugger all weight, i think they'll be top premmies for the gold coast, nothing more, wait til proctor hits his straps though...
Perhaps Proctor should stamp his feet, throw himself on the ground and cry foul until the Storm let him go.

Worked for Turncoat.

lotti

Bench
Proctor was never going anywhere, he even stated he didn't want to leave the Melbourne, just like Turner has been for the past 5 months.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Moffo said:
no need to be condescending willow :cool:

anyway, gold coast wouldn't let him out of his contract for months. I suggest you go read a few quotes from Searle, who was dead against him leaving. Funny that his tune changed...can you explain to me why?
LOL

2 quality juniors and cash and a replacement in Rogers......

Na moffo it was legal stuff......

lotti

Bench
Mr. Angry think of what the Titans got the moment Mat Rogers signed for an extra year and you don't think that played a part in them releasing Turner? Up until yesterday Searle was sticking to his guns about not releasing Steve bam shortly after he announces that Rogers is playing for the Titans for an extra year he announces that they've released Turner for a couple of players and the difference between the two contracts.

El Diablo

Post Whore
lotti said:
Mr. Angry think of what the Titans got the moment Mat Rogers signed for an extra year and you don't think that played a part in them releasing Turner? Up until yesterday Searle was sticking to his guns about not releasing Steve bam shortly after he announces that Rogers is playing for the Titans for an extra year he announces that they've released Turner for a couple of players and the difference between the two contracts.

have you been in a coma?

Searle has been trying to get two decent juniors and compo as a swap for Turner for quite some time .

Wally Waldron has finally decided to come to the party.

lotti

Bench
add to that the prestige of having a player that not only is the son of a league great but one that's close to being a league great himself and Waldron had washed his hands of the whole saga.

innsaneink

Referee
El Diablo said:
have you been in a coma?

Searle has been trying to get two decent juniors and compo as a swap for Turner for quite some time .

Wally Waldron has finally decided to come to the party.

Has he?

When was the new player...Iisaccs....offered to them?

The deal changed sometime, we dont know when and we dont know who instigated it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wally seemed adamant the Storm had to do nothing. Only a couple of days ago he washed his hands of the whole thing.

t-ba

Post Whore
Moffo said:
why didn't the gold coast persue legal action to the end if they thought they had such a strong case?

Because a Justice can't rule to put an iron clamp on Steve Turners leg for his chaining up to the goal posts at Carrara?

What Legal Action could they take? He was in breach of contract and was being fined accordingly. The law was working for them right up until his release. and now Turner has to hand over 50k

lotti

Bench
he's sure, Feb 17th in Coffs Habour the Titans and the Storm clash in the Titans first game it's even in the article on NRL.com.
Coincidentally, the Titans' first NRL match will be a trial against Melbourne in Coffs Harbour on February 17.

nqboy

First Grade
Hoggy said:
You mean the back line that he fitted into every game in 2006?

1. Slater
2. Geyer
3. King
4. Quinn
5. Turner
6. Inglis
7. Cronk

Done.
So Quinn, who's never played centre, and Inglis (as good as he is) who's never played 5/8, are how you resolve it? You're kidding yourself.

Charlie124

First Grade
lotti said:
ala Joel Monaghan Charlie? I'm prepared to vent my anger at the Titans over the whole saga in round 25.

yeah ala Monaghan lol, although i had nothing against him, I was actually really looking forward to the Raiders V Roosters game for the confrontation between them. Just like im looking forward to the Storm V Titans this year, its a shame its right at the end of the season though, oh well, plenty of time for the build up i guess. Lets hope its an important game with one or both clubs finals aspirations riding on the outcome.

Bring on Season '07!!!

Latest posts