What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

Mr Saab

Referee
I doubt the Bulldogs will find much solace if any from Finch's statements. The only thing that may be pleasing if anything is an apology and for Clark to be sacked.

None at all, but do you think the Dogs will get the 2 points? More chance of Kevn Rudd reaching a surplus by the end of 2010.
NRL were happy to strip the points vs the Dogs for 14 men on the field (the right call) but they wont give them for this debacle.
I have zero love for the Dogs, but this game was a rort of the highest proportions. When refs screw up i can accept that, but when you are watching it over and over on a tv screen as a video ref, well you deserve all the crap that will be coming your way this week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Referees coach says Dogs disallowed try should have been awarded

By staff writers
May 16, 2009
The controversial disallowed try that robbed the Bulldogs of a win against St George Illawarra last night should have been awarded, says NRL referees coach Robert Finch.
The Bulldogs were set for a miraculous victory last night when centre Jamal Idris strolled over in the final minute of the game.

The Bulldogs would have gone to a 22-20 lead but the video referee disallowed the try for an obscure obstruction 30m back up field.

The decision sent the vocal Bulldogs crowd into uproar and they pelted the field with bottles.

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore said the decision was one of the worst he had ever seen.

Finch agreed the wrong call had been made.

"From my review of the video, I am of the opinion it should have been awarded," he said.

"I still need to sit down with the video referees in the proper environment on Monday and that remains an important part of our process, but on what I have seen I can't defend the decision.

"Steve said after the game that he felt Soward had been denied the opportunity to defend Luke Patten and he and the rest of the team need the chance to take me through their reasoning in more detail, but I think most people in the game would have seen it as a try and I did as well.

"I can understand the frustration a lot of people may feel today but these things can't be undone and referees and video referees can only call it as they see it at the time.

"Like players and coaches, we work hard at what we do and I don't think anyone in my team works harder than Steve."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25491525-23214,00.html

We should apply to the NRL to have the result overturned. :sarcasm:

Mr Saab

Referee
Ohhhh so Stevie Boy is a hard worker. Work hard all you like, but if your eyes are f**ked then it wont help you

dragondad

First Grade
All Saints fans who are saying the pass is forward,sorry guys just watched the tape and that was 2 metres back.

simmo1

First Grade
I can't believe how low the refereeing standards have become. Week after week we see these bullsh*t calls, and then we'll see the same dickheads in charge of a game the week after. They need to start getting blokes who can read the flow of the game, and apply commonsense, rather than these merkins who nitpick their way throughout the game.

Gaba

First Grade
what finch says is his opinion which can be wrong, particularly if he hasnt studied the video properly as he said he hasnt, so he shouldnt be saying things like that until he hears and sees the evidence fully

Butters

Bench
Didn't the Bulldogs win off a Sonny Bill strip in a 2 man tackle in 2007/8? Sounds like its finally come back to bite the dogs in the arse.

The General

Juniors
what finch says is his opinion which can be wrong, particularly if he hasnt studied the video properly as he said he hasnt, so he shouldnt be saying things like that until he hears and sees the evidence fully

Finch has looked at the video. He just hasn't sat down with Clarke to listen to his piss poor excuse.

Just admit that pretty much the only people defending the decision are Dragons fans (and alot of those are using the ridiculous argument that the pass to Idris was forward). It speaks volumes when alot of people on here who DESPISE the Dogs have said it was the wrong decision.

innsaneink

Referee

LOL

You know if he had the slightest most minutest shadow of a doubt at all....he wouldnt have said a thing until monday.

Hes in no doubt and the extra BS "I'll have to sit down and review it....." is just garnish, grated carrott.

LL3

Juniors
We should apply to the NRL to have the result overturned. :sarcasm:[/QUOTE]

Yeh and so should every other team burned by decisions going for the bulldogs, off to court you go Neville.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Karma hasnt even touched the sides yet for your rubbish club, the spoon was the start more hurt to come.
;-)

Gaba

First Grade
The dragons have a case to be 1st not the bulldogs, if kliens decision is wrong that cost dragons 6 points and gave bulldogs 6 points when they shouldnt have.

The dragons were robbed of 1st place they should have won by 8 or 14 points

Slackboy72

Coach
Didn't the Bulldogs win off a Sonny Bill strip in a 2 man tackle in 2007/8? Sounds like its finally come back to bite the dogs in the arse.

If any team has won more games (and premierships) from bad calls than the bulldogs then I'd like to see them. One 50/50 goes against them and it's the end of the world.

ByRd

First Grade
lol you dragon fans "win" and you guys are still whinging, do you ever stop???