What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

Gaba

First Grade
Soward was more obstructed then the bulldogs , even though im not saying the decision was correct ,but i notice people forgot about that one when the dragons were robbed

I like how people ignore something like that when it doesnt suit thier agenda, when klien's weyman decision was 10 times worst then clarke who had to ruled against the bulldogs as klien did against the dragons

Last edited:

aussie7798

First Grade
as i have said they have called that type of thing a obstruction ALL YEAR while we may all think it is a sh*t call at least they are being consistent with them

they will need to sit down and fix the whole obstruction ruling at some point

interested in getting the view of some dogs supporters as to whether they thought ennis was a mile offside in the play the ball the tackle before sowards last kick because he was deadset a metre to the side of the play the ball and made the tackle

Gaba

First Grade
Clarke had to follow kliens obstruction penalty agaisnt the dragons , where weyman obstructed thin air,

Clarkes decision was fairer then the klien decision because a dragons player was taken out, where the klien ruling was weyman took out thin air and the dragons were going to score

Syko

Juniors
suck a fat one!

great win last night, made even better by the sore loser doggies fans throwing sh*t on the field ahahahhaahaha

taxidriver

Coach
why has not one dogs fan commented on ennis being a mile offside and not penalised.

that had a direct influence on the play.

justice was served.

Flapper

First Grade
Exactly. At the end of the end of the day, football was the loser.

Quite the opposite actually; everyone's talking about it, it guarantees the next time these two meet the crowd will be ginormous, not to mention the good old fashion gloating by the Saints fans.

Bad calls have cost people games before, they'll cost people games again, but seeing as some people can see this call not being bad, it's not as bad as some. All this "almost gave the game away" sh*t is Rebecca Wilson sort of hysteria.

innsaneink

Referee
Eastwood was upfield of Patten when he received the ball and began to run - so Eastwood was at that point off-side. The whole time Eastwood was off-side, he wasn't blocking Soward from running forward towards or across field to tackle Patten.

However, when Patten ran past both Soward and Eastwood, this placed Eastwood between the two - but this is the complete reverse of a conventional obstruction.

The play is no longer coming towards Soward, it is going upfield away.

Though Eastwood is possibly obstructing Soward, as an on-side player that is not his problem.

That meant Soward was now in the chasing role (as opposed to defending front on in a conventional obstruction).

As long as they are on-side, a team mate of the ball carrier doesn't have to concern himself with obstructing defenders chasing the ball-carrier from behind.

Once Patten ran past them, that placed Eastwood between Soward and Patten - but Eastwood, as an on-side team mate of a ball-carrier, can lawfully obstruct a defender.

It happens all the time when team mates support a ball-carrier, with the classic/extreme example being Mal Meninga with his winning try supporting Ricky Stuart in the 2nd test of the 1990 Ashes series.

Ive read many of your posts on this and they all confuse, however this clears it up for me.

Eastwood was never between Patten & Soward....as has been stated 1000 times, Soward backed into eastwood, from my TV I see Patten foreground, Eastwood b/ground & JS between them...backing into GE

Dogaholic

First Grade
cant say the bulldogs would of still won there was time still on the clock and the refs have blown the whistle before in close games, maybe they got robbed a try but that wasnt fulltime, close enough but not

There was less than a minute on the clock. Hazem would have eaten that no sweat

DJShaksta

First Grade
Soward denied he had taken a dive.

"I'm not like that. I'm pretty disappointed that the coach has viewed that I take a dive," he said.

"All my teammates know I'm not like that. I tried to tackle him."

f**king *. Soward made 0 attempt to tackle anything or anyone, he backed into Eastwood and prayed for a penalty.
He's prolly used to backing up to blokes anyway.............

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaba

First Grade
Clarke must be stood down after that, to save the referees' reputation as a whole.
Blame Klien not clarke, for giving a obsruction penalty to the bulldogs because weyman obstructed thin air

It was klien decision which cost the dragons a 12 point turnaround and a 14 point lead with no justification, been touted as the worst decision in the nrl

Where clarkes decision was more justified

Last edited:

Ribs

Bench
Yeah, that would explain why they were chasing him...

Ha ha ha..... it was a fair try.

Jamal Biitch Tits fell short of the line.

There were dodgy calls against both teams, its only because it was the last minute that they are blowing up.

LOL at all the Saints antagonists in here going off from other teams. Go Saints!

11Straight

Juniors
In my opinion, Soward needs to be suspended for bringing the game into disrespute. What he did tonight was a professional foul and a dog one at that.

The NRL should consider suspending him on two counts, Bad sportsmanship and bringing the game into disrespute.

Like the above poster said, It's no better than cheating.
:lol::lol:..It was a disgraceful call no doubt but i think that's going a bit to far.:lol:

At the end of the day he did what alot of players would do in that situation and if the video ref is so stupid and incompetant to fall for it then all the blame must fall on him.

badav

Bench
Talking about karma "99" ring a bell don't worry i'll have the biggest smile of all when lady karma comes to bite your mob on the backside.;-)

Karma for what? If you try to decapitate someone while they are in the process of putting the ball down, odds are you're going to conceded a penalty try.

Iafeta

Referee
One of the worst decisions you're ever likely to see, and it's no surprise it comes from Steve Clark. There's no excuses for that. He should be punted. He's always been the exception to the rule that he has no time for common sense and it's his way or the high way.

innsaneink

Referee
why has not one dogs fan commented on ennis being a mile offside and not penalised.

that had a direct influence on the play.

justice was served.

What did Ennis do?
I just saw FSN and he took no part in any of the play.

I cant recall the lead up to this play....

Was this on the first tackle?
Had the Dogs recieved the ball after a Saints kick?

Iafeta

Referee
Exactly! The fact Archer didn't go upstairs for it was staggering.

Besides the last pass thrown to Idris to score the no try was forward.

You need to get your eyes checked. There was no question whatsoever on the pass. You're kidding yourself.

Latest posts