What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

Flapper

First Grade
You need to get your eyes checked. There was no question whatsoever on the pass. You're kidding yourself.

I recently did get my eyes checked, just so the internet can never use that silly comback against me, as I have 20/20 vision.

11Straight

Juniors
Karma for what? If you try to decapitate someone while they are in the process of putting the ball down, odds are you're going to conceded a penalty try.
First try off a NFL special forward pass it's funny you f**kers always refer to THAT play (the penalty try) as costing us the grandfinal when it was that forward pass that got the ball rolling for the mexican wanks.

Karmas a bitch.

dubopov

Coach
Clarke got it right. If you look at the Zapruder replay, you can clearly see Eastwood's hand reach out from the grassy knoll and grab Soward's jersey.

Gaba

First Grade
The law states team in possession of the ball, the players must be back 10 metres, any player who is in front of the ball receiver is offside , any contact of defensive player deliberate or not , then a penalty must to go the defensive team

aussie7798

First Grade
What did Ennis do?
I just saw FSN and he took no part in any of the play.

I cant recall the lead up to this play....

Was this on the first tackle?
Had the Dogs recieved the ball after a Saints kick?

the tackle before the soward kick to goodwin ennis made a tackle from 1 metre to the side of marker the upshot of this was that it allowed the dogs to make a good charge on soward to prevent a good kick and allowed the dragons no chance to make any more metres down the ground

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dragons were rarely square at marker all night :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Dragons would probably like us to go back two or three minutes just to ensure a NO TRY ruling.

Mortimer called for Clark to be stood down or sacked or even officiate another code last night on Sky News Sportsline... I reckon they'll be looking at his role as a VR after last night.

Gaba

First Grade
Warren ryan called for the same thing to klien for awarding an obstruction call against the dragons for obstructing thin air and disallowing dragons a fair try

warren ryan was calling klien ot be pulled off the field immediately because his call cost dragons a 14 point lead and led to a bulldogs try, when the dragons should have got the kick off

so dont be surprise klien is not in nrl games for while, clarke will be because his decision was the right call

Last edited:

Rodent

Bench
I thought it was the worst refereeing decision since 1998 at Kogarah when Steven Clark let a 5m forward pass go for a Dogs try that cost Saints a sudden death semi.
The dogs were robbed last night but v the dragons the dogs are still doing ok with the refs in my lifetime of watching Saints v Dogs.

Gaba

First Grade
The law states team in possession of the ball, the players must be back 10 metres, any player who is in front of the ball receiver is offside , any contact of defensive player deliberate or not , then a penalty must to go the defensive team

People who say clarke decision was wrong have nfi

Mr Saab

Referee

People who say clarke decision was wrong have nfi

The law is a crock of sh*t. What the f**k do you expect the players to do...run away to the sideline so that the defenders are not "obstructed"
Did you want Eastwood to run away and then he collides into Cooper and then he is obstructed?The game is a f**king joke at the moment.

Mr Saab

Referee
Robert Finch has released a statement and it has been read on radio on MMM. He said the try should have been awarded.

f**k you steven clark......f**k you to Hobart

Iafeta

Referee
The law is a crock of sh*t. What the f**k do you expect the players to do...run away to the sideline so that the defenders are not "obstructed"
Did you want Eastwood to run away and then he collides into Cooper and then he is obstructed?The game is a f**king joke at the moment.

Exactly. By Gaba's take on it, Eastwood needs to slim down and lose 60kg on the spot and dive for cover. The bloke was standing there, if anything coming back onside after a kick.

How can any player, aside from the wingers and fullback expect to be back there? Particularly a forward whose in the front line working his crack off, who then turns around to get ready he assumes for plays 2 and 3.

I'm sure if you follow every script in the law bible you could have 500 penalties a game. Common sense though is the discretion of the referees. Steve Clark lacks it, and has done for over a decade. He had what can only be described as a typical Steve Clark brain snap.

Coincidentally, is he the referee who binned David Kidwell a few years ago for asking "What for Sir?"

Iafeta

Referee
Robert Finch has released a statement and it has been read on radio on MMM. He said the try should have been awarded.

f**k you steven clark......f**k you to Hobart

I doubt the Bulldogs will find much solace if any from Finch's statements. The only thing that may be pleasing if anything is an apology and for Clark to be sacked.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yeah i recall thatsin bin for Kidwell. Another of the What the f**ks from Clarke. He is worst than Kelvin Jeffs or David Jay.
Gaba is a Dragons fan trying to defend the indefensible

Latest posts