What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Peter Devereux Smith - Best Test Batsman Since Bradman

Bazal

Post Whore
He's too f**ken weird to find form anything but accidentally.

The worse his form gets, the more he shadow bats at f**ken 3am and starts changing his tekkers in between individual deliveries. Dude is actually one of the few guys who probably just needs to dominate some second XI nuffies to find form

TheParraboy

Staff member
Piss off International white ball, should have done it couple of years ago for mine

IMO isnt mentally fresh nor as hungry as he could be
Looks like he is trying to invent the wheel on each delivery. You can see it ticking in his head,

Joe Root hasn't played T20 for England since 2019
No ODI for about a year

Smith needs to follow suite, can play the odd shit and giggle comp to boost his bank balance

He is averaging under 40 in the last 2 years and 20 odd tests. He has lost his aura, needs to have a great India home series, we are gonna need it

King-Gutho94

Coach
315 runs from 10k test runs.

I hope he gets there especially considering from 2018-2022 he basically lost 4 years of his peak through Suspension & Covid.

He might have been decline in some parts of those years but we he was on track for to go well into the 11k-12k run mark otherwise.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Is he the best since Bradman?

I don't think so now. Maybe the best Australian although he's probably backed into the pack alongside GChappell, Border and Ponting.

Best internationally? For mine it's Lara. At his best he could score at will and go big. And for a long period he was it for the Windies.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is he the best since Bradman?

I don't think so now. Maybe the best Australian although he's probably backed into the pack alongside GChappell, Border and Ponting.

Best internationally? For mine it's Lara. At his best he could score at will and go big. And for a long period he was it for the Windies.

I think it's less clear cut than it looked at it's peak. But I think like someone said above, the suspension and COVID and all of that is not something any of those others had smash them at their peak either. He may still regain form for a few years and make it clear again, but he will still at least be in the discussion IMO.

Latest posts