What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Rorts Report

Noa

First Grade
Hmmm. Thanks for your thoughtful contribution.

Exhibit A in the case for 'Storm fans whose posts only serve to escalate reactions against them'.

:lol:, no one gives a f**k what you think & only deadsh*ts would bother to write 400 word essays in this forum asking questions he's never going to get the answers to ...but if you want to continue to, go ahead.

Molly

Juniors
Oh dear...

That's a good point, in a relevant thread. But where does it sit with the Storm players not co-operating with the audit? How is the NRL meant to find things in the future if players won't even come clean after the event?

Surely being part of the audit is part of the punishment that you claim that "we will accept". Are you willing to accept criticism of the Storm players for not cooperating with there employer-sanctioned and league-sanctioned audit, or do you have an excuse for why they shouldn't have to?

Are you willing to accept criticism of your club's independent directors for their refusal to accept and act on the punishment that you claim that "we will accept"?

There is a couple of points to note that maybe people are missing,

The audit is not being run at the request of the NRL, nor is it for the benefit of the NRL. News have initiated this audit from a corporate protection viewpoint, it really has zip to do with RL and the salary cap. Understand News are looking to ensure they are able to distance themselves from the whole rort.

The reason for confidentiality being used as to why players are not speaking? Well, most of them are being advised by their managers not to speak....why do you think that is? There are alot of nervous player managers who do not want to be de registered as player agents.

As well, the article in the SMH

LINK: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/moodie-queries-integrity-of-probe-20100713-109fc.html

contains this para:

During that conversation, it is understood Macourt admitted not all the evidence from the Deloitte investigation would be made public. According to a source close to the club's independent directors, Macourt told Moodie some of the findings were ''much too difficult'' to be released.

Why? and the question is too difficult for whom? Not news, surely.

I am like most Storm fans, I wish they would drop the court action and get on with rebuilding from this mess. I am not in favour of the drawn out episode and want ot move on. The wrongdoing has been admitted to many times, that is not in question, the argument is over a matter of process, for what gain I dont know and dont really care, whatever it is it is not worth it.

I just can't understand how many peolpe buy the blind spin in this whole thing. News Ltd are the biggest and most destructive issue in the NRL, and the Storm will live on quiet nicely without them.

bartman

Immortal
:lol:, no one gives a f**k what you think & only deadsh*ts would bother to write 400 word essays in this forum asking questions he's never going to get the answers to ...but if you want to continue to, go ahead.
Um... :lol:. SC answered all four of my questions.

Thanks for giving me your permission to continue posting champ :thumn.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i'm sick of the apologist crew of storm fans, but stormchaser's avatar adequately reflects my feelings towards the (mainly sydney based) pack of repetitive trolls.

mrpwnd

Bench
Ahhahah dickhead. Born and bred in Sydney and on the right side of the bridge at that!
You have got to be a newb. I have said from the beginning that yes the club did wrong, yes we will accept the punishment, I have never ONCE not once made any excuses for anything the club has done. Show me where I have forumfail!
My point is that there are definitely other clubs out there rorting the cap, by how much? We'll never know because the NRL are too f**king stupid to find it without a whistleblower drawing them a map!
Now go chase cars or slap your woman or something else as useful.
You couldn't pwn a ring!
And my point is that a few clubs have been caught out, but using a minor rorting to justify the storm is stupid.
I may be a newb but your pretty geniused in the head.

Noa

First Grade
Um... :lol:. SC answered all four of my questions.

Thanks for giving me your permission to continue posting champ :thumn.

Yeah well, Stormchaser has always been alot more willing to help the mentally handicapped.

God bless her.

bartman

Immortal
For the last time. I do NOT, nor have I EVER supported the illegal actions of my club. NOT ONCE.
Maybe people are just confused by all the shrill reactionary responses then... takes away from the balance of what you'd other wise have to say, and just serves to prolong the posts that you say you take issue with?

The ONLY action I support is my team continuing to play their guts every week for nothing.
Although earlier on you did support the ridiculous court action, did you not?

My beef is with the f**ksticks that say "Get rid of em" "Kick em out of the comp" and other dribblings like that.
The NRL came up with a solution that kept the STorm in the comp this year, but you have been critical of them for taking too long to give certainty for the future - something the Storm players' own lack of cooperation with the audit has been more responsible for than the NRL itself.

I will NOT cop critisim of Storm fans either, even one's like Simmo, bless his brain dead self, and that's why I troll the trolls in here!!
end of
You not only troll the trolls, but you're wearing troll pheromones yourself!

My posts aren't reactionary, they are poking fun and ridiculing the idiots who say the same thing, week in, week out in this troll haven of a forum.
As are the posts that respond to yours... ;-)

I have no doubt we'll cop a spanking and the same buffoons in here will say the same things YET AGAIN, and if they try to bash me or other storm fans I will soundly whip their arses AGAIN.
But still not getting how you're creating the lion's share of the reaction you claim you want to fight.

Noa

First Grade
And my point is that a few clubs have been caught out, but using a minor rorting to justify the storm is stupid.
I may be a newb but your pretty geniused in the head.

Does it occur anywhere else ?

joseph1

Juniors

Forgive someone for having an intelligent say..

Noa

First Grade
Forgive someone for having an intelligent say..

Intelligence is thinking you'll find the answers to your questions in here or demanding apologies from Storm fans who have no connection to the Storm admin at all ?

That will do me.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks Molly, well thought out response.
There is a couple of points to note that maybe people are missing,

The audit is not being run at the request of the NRL, nor is it for the benefit of the NRL. News have initiated this audit from a corporate protection viewpoint, it really has zip to do with RL and the salary cap. Understand News are looking to ensure they are able to distance themselves from the whole rort.
It all gets a bit muddy when News are the half-owners of the NRL. But if News (ie the club owner) didn't take this action, the NRL would have been forced to anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point imo. I'm not a News Ltd fan, and I can see why they'd want to take corporate control of the situation.

The reason for confidentiality being used as to why players are not speaking? Well, most of them are being advised by their managers not to speak....why do you think that is? There are alot of nervous player managers who do not want to be de registered as player agents.
Players have definitely become too reliant on these player agents. I guess the players not cooperating means that their personal ethics lead them to care more about their player agent than they do about their club's future, or about game that gives them both a living? I wish the game had more power over agents - perhaps that will be a positive that comes out of this mess.
contains this para:

During that conversation, it is understood Macourt admitted not all the evidence from the Deloitte investigation would be made public. According to a source close to the club's independent directors, Macourt told Moodie some of the findings were ''much too difficult'' to be released.

Why? and the question is too difficult for whom? Not news, surely.
Obviously. Storm and non-Storm fans alike should demand the publication of this report, regardlesss of the difficulties. But just because News is being the sneaky company it always has been, doesn't mean that the Storm org and players should be beyond criticism or reproach.

I am like most Storm fans, I wish they would drop the court action and get on with rebuilding from this mess. I am not in favour of the drawn out episode and want ot move on. The wrongdoing has been admitted to many times, that is not in question, the argument is over a matter of process, for what gain I dont know and dont really care, whatever it is it is not worth it.
Well said. (See SC, it's not that hard ;-))

I just can't understand how many peolpe buy the blind spin in this whole thing. News Ltd are the biggest and most destructive issue in the NRL, and the Storm will live on quiet nicely without them.
Many fans have been wanting rid of News for years (or ever since they and John Ribot got their claws on rugby league). Trouble is, that News won't let go, and won't let the Storm live on without them either, not without the $6mil a year funding demand that put a halt to moves toward an Independent Commission (while trying to paint it as the ARL/QRL's fault it wasn't happening).

joseph1

Juniors
I dont think its about trying to find answers here. Its about pointing out and criticizing a poorly run organisation who refuse to give us any answers. This is a frustrating issue for all rugby league fans, and most of us here are just having our own little rant about how things could have been done better. I normally just come here for the next bit of news. But mudslinging at others on a forum of people you dont know with nothing to add to the topic, theres a waste of time. Apathy is counter-productive. Try to add something useful to this debate.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Yeah well, Stormchaser has always been alot more willing to help the mentally handicapped.

God bless her.
That's not bad for you Noa, almost have to pay that one.

Except that I'm sure SC wouldn't like you referring to her choice of blokes in the forums like that. (Just jokes SC ;-))

Matt23

Staff member
That's not bad for you Noa, almost have to pay that one.

Except that I'm sure SC wouldn't like you referring to her choice of blokes in the forums like that. (Just jokes SC ;-))
you enjoy setting SC off dont you? ;-)

BDH

Juniors
I was misleading in my post (which is now 3 pages back behind the constant back and forth saga of crap that has been this thread since the scandal first broke);

What I meant is the "half' of 40 people interviewed, and players, would want confidentiality UNTIL audit results are released.

Which is something that they believe wouldn't occur with a News Ltd funded audit (irony huh).

And I don't blame anyone for taking this stance. Snippets of information here and there make great ammunition for sensationalist news articles, which often are very misleading to the truth. Mud sticks, even if the mud comes from an article which doesn't give the full facts/stretches the truth/ is deliberately misleading/etc. Not to mention that players act on advise from their managers, who have much to hide in this whole ugly saga.

Why isn't the NRL funding the audit?

bartman

Immortal
I was misleading in my post (which is now 3 pages back behind the constant back and forth saga of crap that has been this thread since the scandal first broke);

What I meant is the "half' of 40 people interviewed, and players, would want confidentiality UNTIL audit results are released.

Which is something that they believe wouldn't occur with a News Ltd funded audit (irony huh).

And I don't blame anyone for taking this stance. Snippets of information here and there make great ammunition for sensationalist news articles, which often are very misleading to the truth. Mud sticks, even if the mud comes from an article which doesn't give the full facts/stretches the truth/ is deliberately misleading/etc.
Yeah, which would all be fair cop except for the fact News Ltd owns the club, and it its sole reason for existence.

If you sign up as a player for a News Ltd club and enjoy the largesse, you can't then complain about it and have a tanty when it suddenly doesn't suit.

I must have missed the "until" release distinction on confidentiality being mentioned in any article or quote on the issue.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Open fire.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/moodie-queries-integrity-of-probe-20100713-109fc.html

It matters little to me, the extent. The merkins systematically cheated clubs out of premierships. Those found guilty - players, agents, admin, whoever - of complicity, must be banished from the game forever.

That is all.
But won't the players just go to AFL, Union or ESL. We can't have that can we? The game will die. Surely NewsLimited can transfer them to other News Limited clubs.

Matt23

Staff member
She's actually a cool chick imo. Just overreacted early on in this sub-forum, so it's slowly ebbing back down to our natural dynamic.
Some of her retorts are pretty funny/good calls, i must admit

Latest posts