What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Rorts Report

StormChaser

First Grade
Maybe she might breathe before posting (crap) this time... ?

Yes because a Storm fan shouldn't have the audacity to support her club through thick and thin and God forbid I'm a chick with a smart mouth, bitch slapping you clowns in the cesspit.
Bite me Tardman.

perverse

Referee
i'm thinking bikini mud wrestling is the only way to settle this dispute.

that's right, i'm willing to take a bullet watching you boys slop around in bikinis for the greater good. wodovit?

danno

Juniors
I think most have put thought into the confidentiality. We just don't happen to think it's an issue... more of a crutch or an excuse for the players to attempt to avoid scrutiny.

Agreed.

However, it is more than "an excuse for the players to attempt to avoid scrutiny". It is a deliberate attempt to obstruct and prolong the investigation. This will sound very familiar to anybody working in the Public Service sector.

bartman

Immortal
I have said from the beginning that yes the club did wrong, yes we will accept the punishment, I have never ONCE not once made any excuses for anything the club has done.
Oh dear...
My point is that there are definitely other clubs out there rorting the cap, by how much? We'll never know because the NRL are too f**king stupid to find it without a whistleblower drawing them a map!
That's a good point, in a relevant thread. But where does it sit with the Storm players not co-operating with the audit? How is the NRL meant to find things in the future if players won't even come clean after the event?

Surely being part of the audit is part of the punishment that you claim that "we will accept". Are you willing to accept criticism of the Storm players for not cooperating with there employer-sanctioned and league-sanctioned audit, or do you have an excuse for why they shouldn't have to?

Are you willing to accept criticism of your club's independent directors for their refusal to accept and act on the punishment that you claim that "we will accept"?

bartman

Immortal
Yes because a Storm fan shouldn't have the audacity to support her club through thick and thin
Supporting your club through thick and thin doesn't mean the same thing as sticking your head in the sand. Supporting your club can also include being critical of your own club when it is clearly warranted. Things need to change at the Storm, so that you guys have a better, legal, club to support next season. Why be so resistant to calling for changes?
and God forbid I'm a chick with a smart mouth, bitch slapping you clowns in the cesspit.
You know it doesn't bother me that you're a chick. You know I respect that you're into league and come here to post about it, and that you're fiesty.

To support your club, you do not need to support their past actions and their present inactions when change and penalties are warranted. The only person you're bitch slapping imo with your posts on these salary cap issues is unfortunately yourself.

joseph1

Juniors
I agree with Bartman on all accounts. Stormchaser, i admire your fierce
loyalty. The storm will need people like you. But if it comes out that any players, agents, or existing storm staff engaged in this stuff knowingly and purposefully, then dont be surprised if the nrl takes drastic action against the storm. You are in a very tight spot atm, and all eyes of the rugby league world are on the storm. Show some dignity and br able to criticize your own IF it turns nasty, rather than turning a blind eye..

StormChaser

First Grade
Oh dear...

That's a good point, in a relevant thread. But where does it sit with the Storm players not co-operating with the audit? How is the NRL meant to find things in the future if players won't even come clean after the event?

Surely being part of the audit is part of the punishment that you claim that "we will accept". Are you willing to accept criticism of the Storm players for not cooperating with there employer-sanctioned and league-sanctioned audit, or do you have an excuse for why they shouldn't have to?

Are you willing to accept criticism of your club's independent directors for their refusal to accept and act on the punishment that you claim that "we will accept"?

1. I would have liked them to co-operate with the audit. They took legal advice not to.
2. The NRL should have unlimited access to ALL contracts, ALL the time.
3. Have no excuse for players not co-operating. I wish they would, but like I said their advice was not to. Doesn't mean I agree with it.
4. I don't agree with the independent directors but respect their right to appeal the decision.
Neeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxttttttttttt!

which side??
The better side.

StormChaser

First Grade
Supporting your club through thick and thin doesn't mean the same thing as sticking your head in the sand. Supporting your club can also include being critical of your own club when it is clearly warranted. Things need to change at the Storm, so that you guys have a better, legal, club to support next season. Why be so resistant to calling for changes?

You know it doesn't bother me that you're a chick. You know I respect that you're into league and come here to post about it, and that you're fiesty.

To support your club, you do not need to support their past actions and their present inactions when change and penalties are warranted. The only person you're bitch slapping imo with your posts on these salary cap issues is unfortunately yourself.

OHMYf**kINGGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone actually READ other people's posts in here? Or do you all just blindly bump into each other like drunk geniuss at an AA after party????
I'd expect better of YOU, but you disappoint me so!!!

For the last time. I do NOT, nor have I EVER supported the illegal actions of my club. NOT ONCE. I dare anyone on this forum to find a post where I have.
My beef is with the f**ksticks that say "Get rid of em" "Kick em out of the comp" and other dribblings like that.
I will NOT cop critisim of Storm fans either, even one's like Simmo, bless his brain dead self, and that's why I troll the trolls in here!!
end of

bartman

Immortal
Thanks for your honest answers there SC.

It's good to see that you don't agree with some of the Storm's actions in all this - a point unfortunately lost in-between all the reactionary posts. You really do have a lot in common with the "gronkfails" that post in here!

I guess the only points we disagree on is that just because the players got certain legal advice I don't think that puts them beyond criticism, and I don't agree with the independent director's right to appeal the decision (and think they are only doing so to curry favour amongst members so they aren't voted out at the next election).

Now just to sit back and await the release of the report, and the next wave of inevitable punishments that the Storm organisation has brought upon itself.

StormChaser

First Grade
The ONLY action I support is my team continuing to play their guts every week for nothing.
My posts aren't reactionary, they are poking fun and ridiculing the idiots who say the same thing, week in, week out in this troll haven of a forum.
I have no doubt we'll cop a spanking and the same buffoons in here will say the same things YET AGAIN, and if they try to bash me or other storm fans I will soundly whip their arses AGAIN.

Titanic

First Grade
Players, managers or administrators, Storm or any other club ... transparency is a basic necessity for any public position and by default the players hold a public position because of their profiles.

To refuse to cooperate in an audit, to shun the advice of your employer and to ignore the appeals of your own supporters smacks of a total lack of respect for the sport that feeds them.

Those found to be complicit or "in the know" must be punished and imho banned from the game ... this is cheating for greed. Blaming the NRL because they couldn't catch them is a cop out. Should we accept that if you cheat and are not caught then you are somehow blameless? Rubbish and downright insulting.

I would like to watch the games, play a bit of fantasy, put in my tips, have a little punt, muck around on here and wait for my son to grow old enough to play WITHOUT wondering who is rorting this week.

Get them all out ... from all clubs ... including mine if we have such turds... and then shoot the player managers... since when did any person capable of tying his shoelaces become so moronic that they can't understand how much they earn and what to do with it? Need financial advice? Go to a bank or hire an accountant, anyone but some parasitic, blood-sucking, wannabe rip-off merchant.