What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Rorts Report

Apey

Staff member
Intelligence is thinking you'll find the answers to your questions in here or demanding apologies from Storm fans who have no connection to the Storm admin at all ?

That will do me.

shhh... it's sort of like a group therapy session for them

joseph1

Juniors
But won't the players just go to AFL, Union or ESL. We can't have that can we? The game will die. Surely NewsLimited can transfer them to other News Limited clubs.

Only if theyre all too stubborn to play for other clubs and make less money. Which they would have had to anyway years ago from salary cap pressures.

StormChaser

First Grade
Maybe people are just confused by all the shrill reactionary responses then... takes away from the balance of what you'd other wise have to say, and just serves to prolong the posts that you say you take issue with?
Although earlier on you did support the ridiculous court action, did you not?
The NRL came up with a solution that kept the STorm in the comp this year, but you have been critical of them for taking too long to give certainty for the future - something the Storm players' own lack of cooperation with the audit has been more responsible for than the NRL tself.
You not only troll the trolls, but you're wearing troll pheromones yourself!
As are the posts that respond to yours... ;-)
But still not getting how you're creating the lion's share of the reaction you claim you want to fight.

Jesus CHARIST you is a patronising gibberer!!
You are so blinkered and blind, it staggers me that are able to type and drool at the same time. Srsly!
Have you SEEN what Storm fans have copped in this abomination of a sub forum from day one? Oh but that's allowed, that's par for the course, should one of us dare to stand up and give a big fat "f**k you" back at them then we're being shrill or asking for people to hate on us?
f**king purlease! Pull the other one!
Firstly, I did support the court action because I was super hurt and angry, with hindsight I changed my mind, and unlike other clowns in here I can admit when I'm wrong. You'd have seen that, if you'd bothered to research a bit before you lampoon me, I've said it f**king TWICE now!
Yes, again for the second time, I wish the players had co-operated, but if you believe for even a millisecond that is why the audit took so long then you need a medical certificate to prove you think on your own.

You can't call me a troll, dickface. I don't deliberately seek out f**kheads on this forum to torment them, I don't go in any of their sub forums. I respond to f**ktardary in this section alone. If you think that makes me a troll, I think YOU'RE one too. And what?

Let me say this slowly, cos bless ya, you're not operating on full power are you Tardman. If dumb arses continue to run around unfettered, sprouting sh*t like "They should be kicked out, sucked in Storm Scum fans" etc, etc. Then I'm gonna kick it right back at em, preferably in their gap toothed faces.
You don't like it?
Report me or put me on ignore.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I stopped reading at "blinkered and blind" Stormy, sorry.

Whilst bartman has known to be just that (;-) do your worst barty), you making such a comment makes me not want to read a word you say, and I imagine there are hundreds of others who feel the same way.

You need to learn to separate people attacking the club and the perps of this complete rort from people attacking the fans. People only turn on you when you step in angrily to defend the club for one reason and one reason only - what those cretins did was indefensible.

Surely you can see that?

StormChaser

First Grade
Ohmygod TIMMOTHAY!!! I've said this a billion times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DO NOT support what has gone on at the club. Never, not once. Show me where I have? I've laid that challenge down time and again and nobody can do it.
As for nobody reading me, sif I care! The people I quote read it, and that's all I want, I'm not talking to anybody else!
f**k meeeeeeeeeeee! I only flame the idiots who say "kick em out" and "sucked in storm fans" for reals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go and bash my face in with the keyboard now, cos that's what you people have driven me to. Happy? yes you are.

m0nty

Juniors
Why should there be confidentiality?

That is what auditors do - they investigate things and release reports. Many if not all companies have to be audited annually, it wouldn't work too well if some employees decided not to cooperate because gee the audit report might not be confidential.

I'd happily speak to an auditor in my place of employment, especially if my employer was the one who called the auditors in! If we are to believe the players' main interest is clearing their names of any wrong-doing, their stance of not co-operating with the audit that could clear their names seems pretty... dicey.

There's a difference between a lack of confidentiality in terms of what goes into the report, and what was happening at Deloitte, which was that the juiciest morsels were being fed straight through to the Telegraph for sensationalist tabloid articles, one after the other. Far from clearing their names, the Telly was conspiring with Deloitte to drag players down in the most public arena. I am not surprised that the players didn't want to be portrayed as if they were characters in Underbelly 4, which is what the Telly would have wanted.

There's a difference between a lack of confidentiality in terms of what goes into the report, and what was happening at Deloitte, which was that the juiciest morsels were being fed straight through to the Telegraph for sensationalist tabloid articles, one after the other. Far from clearing their names, the Telly was conspiring with Deloitte to drag players down in the most public arena. I am not surprised that the players didn't want to be portrayed as if they were characters in Underbelly 4, which is what the Telly would have wanted.
plus deloittes have no way of forcing the players to appear they are accountants not authorities, the police and ato on the other hand.....

bartman

Immortal
Jesus CHARIST you is a patronising gibberer!!
You are so blinkered and blind, it staggers me that are able to type and drool at the same time. Srsly!
Have you SEEN what Storm fans have copped in this abomination of a sub forum from day one?
Stop playing the victim card SC. The supporters of 15 other rugby league clubs have a right to be angry about the Storm, and could be said to have "copped it" just as much from what that cheating organisation has done to rugby league and its reputation.
should one of us dare to stand up and give a big fat "f**k you" back at them then we're being shrill or asking for people to hate on us?
f**king purlease! Pull the other one!
"Dare?" :lol:. Check out your own post history in this forum (there's a search setting that will bring up just those posts if you need). You got your knickers in a knot early on, over-reacted and took statements directed to your club as being directed to the fans, and ever since then your posts in this forum have been mostly shrill and laden with personal insults instead of content. Getting a clamly stated opinion out of you on the issue(s) at hand is like pulling hen's teeth.

Firstly, I did support the court action because I was super hurt and angry, with hindsight I changed my mind, and unlike other clowns in here I can admit when I'm wrong. You'd have seen that, if you'd bothered to research a bit before you lampoon me, I've said it f**king TWICE now!
I did research, that's why I used the words "earlier on" in my sentence...

Can I ask another question then SC? Do you now (or earlier on) think the Storm still deserve their premierships of 07 and 09? Are you ready to admit a wrong there where a wrong has occurred? Or are you still too super hurt and angry.

You can't call me a troll, dickface. I don't deliberately seek out f**kheads on this forum to torment them, I don't go in any of their sub forums. I respond to f**ktardary in this section alone. If you think that makes me a troll, I think YOU'RE one too. And what?
This is a sub-forum of the NRL forum. You deliberately choose to come in here to "torment" people with different opinions to your own, people who you label as "f**ktards". If that's not the definition of a troll, I don't know what is! :lol: Look at your post history in here SC, you have (and continue to) bring upon yourself all of the reactions you claim you come here just to respond to.

Let me say this slowly, cos bless ya, you're not operating on full power are you Tardman. If dumb arses continue to run around unfettered, sprouting sh*t like "They should be kicked out, sucked in Storm Scum fans" etc, etc. Then I'm gonna kick it right back at em, preferably in their gap toothed faces.
More shrill posts with minimal content and maximum personal abuse :roll:. Haven't seen posts like that in here for months - maybe on the first day, and maybe there's a few (understandably) emotional league supporters here today (haven't gone through all threads yet).

It's getting boring SC, and I did think that there was more to you than a simplistic reactionary fan blinded by club colours? When you do just stick to your opinions, they seem quite reasonable, and also with quite a lot in common to most of the non-Storm posters in this sub-forum - who'd have thunk it?
You don't like it?
Report me or put me on ignore.
I'm not going to report or ignore you. I'm going to respond to your shrill posts and call you on creating worse than you or other Storm fans have copped, for as long as you have the energy to keep making them. :crazy:

Don't like it? Then take some advice and breathe before you post in this sub-forum, and check that when you've posted you've actually added something to the thread. Or better still (as many people are suggesting) maybe take a break from justifying the unjustifiable (ie your continued lack of a clue about the issues and others' right to put their super hurt and angry feelings and opinions).

Love your work though.
:cool:

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Ohmygod TIMMOTHAY!!! I've said this a billion times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DO NOT support what has gone on at the club. Never, not once. Show me where I have? I've laid that challenge down time and again and nobody can do it.
Because that's not the point.

The point is EXACTLY what Tim said - "You need to learn to separate people attacking the club and the perps of this complete rort from people attacking the fans. People only turn on you when you step in angrily to defend the club [because] what those cretins did was indefensible." Yet you (continue to) personalise it, and your shrill comments get in the way of what could be good discussions (eg with a Storm fan like Monty, who is actually talking about issues instead of trying to blow his own (s)trumpet ;-).

f**k meeeeeeeeeeee! I only flame the idiots who say "kick em out" and "sucked in storm fans" for reals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, you're flaming me, and all I want is the Storm contracts to be de-registered, and then the club be made to register a legal squad under the salary cap (while honouring the value of the inflated extras they'd promised). Then I want the remaining players needing to be released to have their contracts (including promised extras) honoured by the Storm, but to be able to play for other NRL clubs (ie at no cost to other clubs) counting against their new club's salary cap to the value of the registered contract (not extras).

But no, you're not a troll! You only (over) react to posts that say "kick em out" and "sucked in" (of which I'm yet to ready many so far, though I am slowly working my way through).

I'm going to go and bash my face in with the keyboard now, cos that's what you people have driven me to. Happy? yes you are.
No that's what you've driven yourself to SC. You've never tried yoga, or meditation, or anything vaguely relaxing, have you? Might be worth a shot...

bartman

Immortal
That could easily have been the doing of a disgruntled Storm employee (of which I understand there were many), given that the Deloittes staff worked out of the Storm office, and the Storm employees are (essentially) employees of News Ltd - more directly than the Deloittes auditors hired by them.

The players' (or was it player managers?) paranoia and fear-mongering about confidentiality has ultimately done them more harm than good. They cannot claim they have been cleared of knowledge, and instead have all been tarred with the stink because not one of the 25 fronted (like Bellamy) to clear their name. Shameful behaviour by the 12 players not named as having received the illegal extras.

Cletus

First Grade

Deloittes wouldn't have been feeding the Telly or trying to drag down players, News would have been feeding their slaves. Not that the Telly would knock back a chance to make a one sided article. I'm not at all surprised that they are pinning it all on the independant directors and Waldron. People talk about conflicts of interest and it's not surprising when News part own the League, and own the Storm and half the media in this country. If there was more to this I doubt we'll ever hear about it.

joseph1

Juniors
Yeah those 12 players should have definately fronted. They had nothing to fear. I have a strange feeling that the advice not to co-operate came from the same people who cooked up the idea to take the nrl to court. Though they are separate issues, i have a nasty feeling it came from the top at the storm: "dont attend any deloitte interviews, we will deal with everything in court." Why this was the approach I dont know. Perhaps out of fear. The thing is, the contracts of players who signed more than one, if those copies were all submitted, it could hang these players, depending on the content of those contracts. The bigger the collective hush, the more i suspect cover up. Even those who didnt recieve extras might still have looked around them at training and suspected or known they were over the cap. Hell, i remember looking at the storm squad at the start of 06 (when crocker arrived) and thinking blimey, thats a strong team. Then later (after the 06 tri nations final and into 07) thinking, man, the storm keep adam blair starting from the bench, even though he is one of their best forwards, are they tryin to slow down his rising market value. In 08 i thought, how the hell have they kept this guy? Since slater smith inglis king kaufusi hoffman crocker white johnson and quinn were all origin or test players by then. Let alone lima and sika manu who were coming into prominence. Now i was too ignorant then to think they were rorting, i just thought the players were playing for next to nothing so they could keep a powerhouse team. But anyone with more nouse than me should have suspected something was up. Cronk and Finch i havent even mentioned. And turner. It should have been obvious to all of us.

m0nty

Juniors
That could easily have been the doing of a disgruntled Storm employee (of which I understand there were many), given that the Deloittes staff worked out of the Storm office, and the Storm employees are (essentially) employees of News Ltd - more directly than the Deloittes auditors hired by them.

The players' (or was it player managers?) paranoia and fear-mongering about confidentiality has ultimately done them more harm than good. They cannot claim they have been cleared of knowledge, and instead have all been tarred with the stink because not one of the 25 fronted (like Bellamy) to clear their name. Shameful behaviour by the 12 players not named as having received the illegal extras.

Deloittes wouldn't have been feeding the Telly or trying to drag down players, News would have been feeding their slaves. Not that the Telly would knock back a chance to make a one sided article. I'm not at all surprised that they are pinning it all on the independant directors and Waldron. People talk about conflicts of interest and it's not surprising when News part own the League, and own the Storm and half the media in this country. If there was more to this I doubt we'll ever hear about it.

Whoever it was that leaked it, the truth was that Deloittes was complicit in an "investigation" that had no confidentiality in it at all, so the players were not compelled to speak to Deloittes because they knew their words would appear in the papers the next day for the benefit of News Ltd.

There are not too many witch hunts where the witch straps herself onto the bonfire and lights the kindling. I know it happened in Lord of the Rings to Denethor, but he was crazy.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sorry, but Hartigan assured them of confidentiality. They had their chance to clear their names, and refused. Mud sticks.

Latest posts