What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Rorts Report

bartman

Immortal
and it wasn't until a bunch of lead headed spastics in here (mainly St Merge and Pawwa fans) started to put the boot in that some of us decided to give you all a big fat "f**k you too"!!
'Cos that's been really successful... :sarcasm:... :lol:.
I won't apologise or bow my head for something I am as much a victim of as anyone else!
Um, no. Just because you have a VICTIM MENTALITY doesn't mean you or other Storm fans are as much a victim as rugby league itself has been.

Especially when you and your "some of us" Storm fans ruin any empathy you might have got by carrying on like plonkers, and pretending that criticism of your club means people must be criticising the fans. They weren't.

You refuse to simply accept and acknowledge that your team was and is illegal, that the punishments are fair, and that your organisation's behaviour since the punishments were announced (court action, lack of cooperation, whinging) has been despicable. If you did that, you (and by association other Storm fans) wouldn't get the slightest bit of grief.

Unfortunately for me I'm loyal to my core and will never walk away from my team and not scratch and beg forgiveness from any gronk in here!
Here we are, this is what's happened, we're trying to hold on to our team and move on. If you all don't like it, you can bite my arse and choke on it!
Unfortunately for us you'd still got your head in the sand. Hopefully the release of the report will get you to admit the things you haven't been able to bring yourself to see, and calm down about justified criticism directed toward your organisation. Everyone else here is looking for ways to move on too, it's just that we see the need for the Storm to accept its punishments so rugby league can move forward.

Give this man a medal! If I believed in Jebus I'd pray that a proper and thorough audit was done on EVERY single club in the NRL, because there is a f**king lot of rock throwing from a lot of shiny, glass houses in here.
Ah, nothing like paranoia to act as a barrier for someone not yet willing to accept the truth... The release of the report will hurt you more than it needed to, simply because you've dug yourself in so far believing the Storm's stand united lies.

Ulysseus

Bench
So if the Raiders got done then you would walk away ??...easy to say and I felt like that when it first happened but I am not going to abandon my club

LOL
Mate, I know exactly how this would play out if it were Saints.
Consider the clubs recent history.
As supporters, well a moronic small segment of them anyway, we* played mind games with CEO, drove the coach nuts (Brown) and bagged our own players, and that was when the f**king team was winning :shock: (oddly this sh*t died down in 2007 when the team were never in the hunt)

If they cheated the cap it would cause some kind of riot, Doust would need to leave the country even if he wasn't involved.

* this denotes that not everyone got on the Oust Doust bandwagon or calling for the heads of coach and admin...............................................after a f**king win, just a few (ok, a fair few) and that trackhead that wanted to get Oust Doust done in skywriting if we lost to Manly in 2006................................in Round 7
from memory, not the semi final :roll:

I wouldn't need to stop supporting the club, there would no club to support.

bartman

Immortal
The bit that made me laugh most today was this:

After contacting player managers to compare the amount their clients expected to be paid against the contracts the Storm had registered with the NRL, Melbourne officials calculated the club was set to exceed the salary cap for next season by $1.3m - and the independent auditors hired by News Ltd are understood to have come to the same conclusion.
Seriously, WTF?

How much of an admission of rampant cheating is that. I really hope the NRl de-registers all existing Storm player contracts, makes the Storm register new contracts based on what they had (secretly) guaranteed to the players while staying under the 2011 cap, and then release the remaining players onto the market (with the Storm guaranteeing the contracts they had given those players, meaning other clubs could effectively sign these players for free, but count their official value toward the cap).

Oh, and sack all of the Board members and let the Members vote in new elections, and sack any admin staff found to have been involved or had knowledge, and de-register any player manager involved. That should just about clean up the stinking mess the Storm have brought into the game over the last five seasons.

joseph1

Juniors
I'll be right beside you! :D

Can any of you storm fans explain to the rest of us why your club is being so stubborn in not admitting they were wrong. As fans, you and us both want to see the game move on as quickly as possible, for the storm ( and every other club) to be clean as a whistle. Whats disturbing us is how your directors are playing the victim. Accept the penalties, shed players and we can all forget and move on. That could all have been done by now but no, Moodie and co want to drag it out and put all us fans through as much misery as possible. Why didnt the players partake in the audit? I can only think they were advised not to assist the auditors in any way. If they were all innocent they should have no qualms about helping Deloitte. The whole thing reeks. I saw that Moodie guy on the footy show a few weeks back and he looks like a real creep.

Why are people going on about the way Storm fans are behaving on this forum. Do you not understand the concept of particular trolls? How about others, some still have something in their avatar or sig. Amazing.

BDH

Juniors
Why are people going on about the way Storm fans are behaving on this forum. Do you not understand the concept of particular trolls? How about others, some still have something in their avatar or sig. Amazing.

Post of the thread!

I tried a thread awhile ago,trying to explain to other club's fans that bagging Storm fans is flogging a (very sore) dead horse and was treated with contempt and ridicule.

The saddest thing is, I always blamed the Sydney media and Sydney Boys Club (affiliates and NSWRL hangers on) for their parasitic nature of constantly criticizing and tearing down the game from the inside......yet, here in this little cross-section of an online RL community, we get to witness that very same nature play out....day in, day out.....for months.

We all want a positive result from the (very negative) Storm fiasco and justice for all NRL clubs, however the forum members on the lower end of intellectual scale, have yet to work out that bagging Storm fans DOES NOT speed up the auditing process.

Last edited:

joseph1

Juniors
No but we want some of you to admit those running your club currently are doing a poor job by holding up the whole process

BDH

Juniors
After reading this thread, i think many posters haven't read or put thought into the bold text from that article;

It is believed Deloitte had sought to speak with about 40 people involved with the Victorian side but that more than half refused to meet the auditors. Many of those who declined interviews did so after the accounting firm refused to guarantee confidentiality

If News Ltd employed auditors can't guarantee confidentiality, I wouldn't speak to them either. The exact same situation would exist when we were told players were "refusing" to assist auditors.

If hypothetically in a similar situation with their employers, I suspect the vast majority of LU forum users, would not speak about anything without guaranteed confidentiality either.

BDH

Juniors
No but we want some of you to admit those running your club currently are doing a poor job by holding up the whole process

FTR, I'm not a Storm supporter.

In this thread alone, I have seen two Storm supporters say words to the effect of what you just asked.

And the same from others over the time. It's not like they think their team is completely innocent.

After years of supporting your own team, wouldn't you think the same if it was a similar situation?

bartman

Immortal
If News Ltd employed auditors can't guarantee confidentiality, I wouldn't speak to them either. The exact same situation would exist when we were told players were "refusing" to assist auditors.

If hypothetically in a similar situation with their employers, I suspect the vast majority of LU forum users, would not speak about anything without guaranteed confidentiality either.
Why should there be confidentiality?

That is what auditors do - they investigate things and release reports. Many if not all companies have to be audited annually, it wouldn't work too well if some employees decided not to cooperate because gee the audit report might not be confidential.

I'd happily speak to an auditor in my place of employment, especially if my employer was the one who called the auditors in! If we are to believe the players' main interest is clearing their names of any wrong-doing, their stance of not co-operating with the audit that could clear their names seems pretty... dicey.

danno

Juniors
Quote: Originally Posted by Non Terminator

Post of the thread!

I tried a thread awhile ago,trying to explain to other club's fans that bagging Storm fans is flogging a (very sore) dead horse and was treated with contempt and ridicule.

The saddest thing is, I always blamed the Sydney media and Sydney Boys Club (affiliates and NSWRL hangers on) for their parasitic nature of constantly criticizing and tearing down the game from the inside......yet, here in this little cross-section of an online RL community, we get to witness that very same nature play out....day in, day out.....for months.

We all want a positive result from the (very negative) Storm fiasco and justice for all NRL clubs, however the forum members on the lower end of intellectual scale, have yet to work out that bagging Storm fans DOES NOT speed up the auditing process.

You agree with Non Terminator and then post a trolling reply ????

bartman

Immortal
That's it in a nutshell, really. This part of the forum could have been a place for sensible discussion on the breaches as they played out, and the ways forward as we now finally come to that point.

However, imo it has been the shrill reactions of certain Storm supporters posting in here that escalates reactions and sends them over the top. The proven inability over time of certain Storm fans to separate posts criticising a club and organisation with criticism of that club's fans. The self-admitted "wanting to send a f**k you too" that really has just backfired and made any thread break down into insults before it really gets going.

To the sensible Storm fans willing to engage in the discussion of issues, to admit that their club has done wrong and not engage in paranoia or dispute the penalties brought down upon the Storm, I'm sure everyone applauds you. You've shown there is a difference between supporting your club and staying strong, and not acknowledging valid criticisms from the wider rugby league world.

To the few Storm fans who can't help themselves but overreact to anything critical that is posted (and hence escalate what is posted after that), I wish you well in dealing with the remaining stages of grieving for your club's actions, once you get past the denial and anger.

joseph1

Juniors
Why should there be confidentiality?

That is what auditors do - they investigate things and release reports. Many if not all companies have to be audited annually, it wouldn't work too well if some employees decided not to cooperate because gee the audit report might not be confidential.

I'd happily speak to an auditor in my place of employment, especially if my employer was the one who called the auditors in! If we are to believe the players' main interest is clearing their names of any wrong-doing, their stance of not co-operating with the audit that could clear their names seems pretty... dicey.

Thats the post of the thread..
And no i think if it was my club (and it has been before, the warriors, had some shocking individuals and actions over the years, though obv not to this extent) that i would just want honesth and upfrontness to be the vital cog in putting things right. No whinging, just admit wrongdoing, get clean, move on. Thats all i ask. And if theres sleazy businessmen halting this, get rid of em.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
After reading this thread, i think many posters haven't read or put thought into the bold text from that article;

I think you may have missed the point of the audit.

The whole idea was to uncover the cheating and corruption and to ascertain as to what level of management it had penetrated the club and its board members, as well as the players and their agents.

No doubt in my mind that the agents told their players not to talk, not to mention the agents themselves, after all they were the ones responsible for negotiating the contracts..

danno

Juniors
It is believed Deloitte had sought to speak with about 40 people involved with the Victorian side but that more than half refused to meet the auditors. Many of those who declined interviews did so after the accounting firm refused to guarantee confidentiality

You might not have put thought into the bolded text either. According to the news report I saw on Ch7 the reason why people declined to be interviewed without confidentiality was because it would become public knowledge the names and details of the individuals involved. The bleeding obvious though.

bartman

Immortal
I think most have put thought into the confidentiality. We just don't happen to think it's an issue... more of a crutch or an excuse for the players to attempt to avoid scrutiny.

mrpwnd

Bench
Give this man a medal! If I believed in Jebus I'd pray that a proper and thorough audit was done on EVERY single club in the NRL, because there is a f**king lot of rock throwing from a lot of shiny, glass houses in here.
Ahahahahaha, must be great living in your own little basement down in Victoria.
How bout i slap abit of reality into you?
A team thats only $0 - 50000 over the cap is certainly alot better than a team thats $3.2 mill over the cap.
That's some useless logic, fact is, storm cheated and f**ked up big time, brought a sh*t load of teams down with them to, the sooner you face that fact and accept it, the sooner people get over the storm.

Matt23

Staff member
A team thats only $0 - 50000 over the cap is certainly alot better than a team thats $3.2 mill over the cap.
That's some useless logic, fact is, storm cheated and f**ked up big time, brought a sh*t load of teams down with them to, the sooner you face that fact and accept it, the sooner people get over the storm.
Your wasting your time...she won't listen, all you will get is her standard shrill response.

StormChaser

First Grade

Ahhahah dickhead. Born and bred in Sydney and on the right side of the bridge at that!
You have got to be a newb. I have said from the beginning that yes the club did wrong, yes we will accept the punishment, I have never ONCE not once made any excuses for anything the club has done. Show me where I have forumfail!
My point is that there are definitely other clubs out there rorting the cap, by how much? We'll never know because the NRL are too f**king stupid to find it without a whistleblower drawing them a map!
Now go chase cars or slap your woman or something else as useful.
You couldn't pwn a ring!