What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm v Dragons

Inferno

Coach
Could have put this in the spoiler thread. Not sure Dragons are "pretenders", it is Round 4!

What it did show is that the Storm are a great team.

No Ronnie, you're wrong. The dragons didn't last the season as undefeated so they're pretenders. Feel free to book that early October holiday.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If those two teams are the 'benchmark' ten this comp is wide open

Both teams seemed scared to try and score. Apart from their one try the dragons didn't look like scoring, did they even make another line break?

simostorm

Bench
If those two teams are the 'benchmark' ten this comp is wide open

Both teams seemed scared to try and score. Apart from their one try the dragons didn't look like scoring, did they even make another line break?

Guess you havnt been watching many teams play this year huh? lol..

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
The dragons are nothing but 17 hardworking toilers. They have no real game breakers but just do all the 1 percenters and keep the intensity which will win them games. They are boring and are a detriment to the nrl. They are just going to take up a spot in the top 8 and do nothing yet take that opportunity away from some other team that can shake the premiership.

smacky

Juniors
The dragons are nothing but 17 hardworking toilers. They have no real game breakers but just do all the 1 percenters and keep the intensity which will win them games. They are boring and are a detriment to the nrl. They are just going to take up a spot in the top 8 and do nothing yet take that opportunity away from some other team that can shake the premiership.

If a team doesnt win enough during the season to get into the 8 then they dont deserve to be. This style of footy will win you games earlier. But during the finals we do have to step up if we want to be premiership contenders. Our attack will be better than last year and we have shown signs of that. I donno if any team would have beaten melb today.

Fein

First Grade

That's a bit harsh..Going into tonights game they were undefeated and had the best for and against.

I thought tonight's game was boring as bat sh*t but the Storm crushed them slowly, as they always seem to do.

Be interesting to see how The dragons handle next week.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If you dont want spoilers stay off RL forums before the game its not that hard

moving forward, saints are a top side, will probably win the minor premiership but winning during the season has never been their issue, winning in
September and October is, they'll be there abouts but as always the better teams will rise to the top and knock them out early in the finals

thommo4pm

Coach

Congratulations, you officially have the worst post in this thread.
Another team who fails to make the 8, can give the comp a shake. :crazy: :lol:

Storming Norman

Juniors
Personally, I felt the first half was boring as a spectator(some part i was nearly falling asleep) but showed good defence from both teams. 2nd half was better

thommo4pm

Coach
well no team could do any worse than go out in straight sets like dragons did last year.

so that means we should put a team in the 8, who finished lower down the table and over 26 rounds were not good enough to get into a top 8 out of 16 teams. :crazy:
No team could do worse....so I take it Cronulla and the Roosters last year would have beat Parra in Week 1 of the Finals, and Brisbane in Week 2.

Please tell us more, you're on fire at the moment. :lol:

I think you'll find clown, that most Dragons fans were nervous about this match, and nobody was confidently picking us to win.

Beating teams only at WIN as you stated..... :crazy:
Parra at Parra(that's a strange looking WIN stadium) in Round 1...remind me how they were weakened?
Round 2, beat the Dogs at WIN....how were they weakened? They had Ennis suspened, we lost Fien in Round 1 with a broken ankle.
Round 3...beat the Cowboys at WIN. Who did they have out??? Matt Bowen who has been out for god knows how long.

But no you are right, I'm the clueless fool who states incorrect information about other teams. :lol:
As i said....Idiot!!!!

n.b dont let the fact that we've also got 4-5 1st graders out get in your way either.

ohh dont tell me you put the loss down to injurys?...

honestly you had your best players on the park tonight e.g Brett Morris, Jamie Soward, the captain Ben Hornby, Matt Cooper,Luke Priddis, Ben Creagh just to name a few and who do you have out that would make the game such a big difference? Nathan Fien? :lol:
and you's still lost 17-4?

The Knights probably have one of the worst injury tolls so far this season and had a few players missing from the game when we played melbourne a couple weeks ago e.g Ben Cross, James Mcmanus, Ben Rogers, Zeb Taia and of course our captain Kurt Gidley, and we led them 14-0 at halftime only to lose 20-14 at the end.

Don't put injuries as the reason why you couldnt beat Melbourne.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
so that means we should put a team in the 8, who finished lower down the table and over 26 rounds were not good enough to get into a top 8 out of 16 teams. :crazy:
No team could do worse....so I take it Cronulla and the Roosters last year would have beat Parra in Week 1 of the Finals, and Brisbane in Week 2.

Please tell us more, you're on fire at the moment. :lol:
If any other team, cronulla included, played the eels in week 1 of the finals and had possession for the first 20 minutes on the parra try line, they would have scored points.
BTW, i thought the illawarra dragons were gonna learn new attacking moves in the off season. I havent seen any yet.

maestro1

Bench
If any other team, cronulla included, played the eels in week 1 of the finals and had possession for the first 20 minutes on the parra try line, they would have scored points.
BTW, i thought the illawarra dragons were gonna learn new attacking moves in the off season. I havent seen any yet.

Seriously, you should should take Nathan Hindmarsh's name out of your moniker. He is too classy a bloke and player to be associated with the utter dribble that you are producing. What a moron........

And where was Parra's extra gear last year when they needed it against the Storm........about the same place as the Dragons today.........

Difference is, the Dragons will improve every week. The Eels produced their best stuff in last years finals. They were on the ascendancy, more than any other club. And guess what.........you have nothing to show for it.......At least we can say we were out of form in the finals....you guys were at your hottest and it still wasn't good enough.......And God help you if Jarryd Hayne gets injured...but you don't need me to tell you that...You already are petrified of it happening.....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think the game showed Storm are the favourites for the comp and the dragons should be second favourites.

It also showed my side the eels have a hell of lot of improvement needed to complete with these two sides.

I aslo think Bennet may not be playing all his cards yet, the dragons attack will get better

Nevan_

First Grade
I think the game showed Storm are the favourites for the comp and the dragons should be second favourites.

It also showed my side the eels have a hell of lot of improvement needed to complete with these two sides.

I aslo think Bennet may not be playing all his cards yet, the dragons attack will get better

How does it show we should be second favourites? We were sh*t.