What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm v Dragons

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
That's a bit harsh..Going into tonights game they were undefeated and had the best for and against.

I thought tonight's game was boring as bat sh*t but the Storm crushed them slowly, as they always seem to do.

Be interesting to see how The dragons handle next week.

Holy sh*t!!! The Feinster defends the Dragons!

Good points though. We have the Broncos, but I'd be confident against anyone, not so much of a win, but of an improved showing.

The game was an arm wrestle & anyone who thiks that they're isn't a fair gap between Melbourne and the rest still believes in Santa Claus. Saints were poor, but they'll bounce back.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Seriously, you should should take Nathan Hindmarsh's name out of your moniker. He is too classy a bloke and player to be associated with the utter dribble that you are producing. What a moron........

And where was Parra's extra gear last year when they needed it against the Storm........about the same place as the Dragons today.........

Difference is, the Dragons will improve every week. The Eels produced their best stuff in last years finals. They were on the ascendancy, more than any other club. And guess what.........you have nothing to show for it.......At least we can say we were out of form in the finals....you guys were at your hottest and it still wasn't good enough.......And God help you if Jarryd Hayne gets injured...but you don't need me to tell you that...You already are petrified of it happening.....
They wont improve. Thats the thing with the saints and deep down you know it. They have shown up all they are capable of. Like i have said in a previous post, they are a bunch of honest hard working toilers who are well coached and play like a team. Thats about it.
BTW, i think Nathan Hindmarsh will be proud of my representation of his good name and my opinions.

Mong

Post Whore
What is it with Parra fans being so bitter this season? Right from round one where they were completely outplayed by the dragons they keep going on about Saints not being good enough.

Nevan_

First Grade
What is it with Parra fans being so bitter this season? Right from round one where they were completely outplayed by the dragons they keep going on about Saints not being good enough.

To be fair, not all Parra fans on here are guilty of that. Just a few simpletons such as Hindmarshisgod.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Its like this mongo: its not only parra fans but all nrl fans that despise the illawarra dragons style of play. If any of you could remember the old street fighter 2 arcade game and the cheapy tactics to win, then you know what i am talking about. The dragons use cheapy tactics. It must be embarrasing for saints supporters to watch their team win in this fashion.

dollyhands

Juniors
and as far as I can tell Johnsy, there is only 1 side ahead of us on the table at the moment.
Not a bad effort when you consider we played teams 1, 2 & 3 from last year in the first 4 rounds....and also a team who has arguably the best player in the game as a halfback.
Lets see how many other teams get 6 points from the Eels, Dogs, Cows & Storm.
Unfortunately Storm will only be able to beat 3 of those teams..... unless they beat themselves in the shower

Mong

Post Whore
You despise it because it is effective as seen against your club a few rounds ago?

Gaba

First Grade
Its like this mongo: its not only parra fans but all nrl fans that despise the illawarra dragons style of play. If any of you could remember the old street fighter 2 arcade game and the cheapy tactics to win, then you know what i am talking about. The dragons use cheapy tactics. It must be embarrasing for saints supporters to watch their team win in this fashion.

You always have an excuse because the eels cant score points and if one man cant to do it hayne,then the rest of eels cant

Showing your jealously

thorson1987

Coach

Your are kidding yourself. Yeah i cant stand the dragons (mainly cos i am surrounded by supporters everywhere, missus, father in law, brother in law, mother, boss and plenty of co workers support them) but there is nothing wrong with the so called cheap tactics. Have you ever played a game of league, cos it doesnt look like you have.

They play a great defensive game, absolutely nothing wrong with it, they get in front then protect the lead. Its not there fault that when this happens other teams cant get over them.

But when it happens to them, like it did yesterday, they actually started trying different things, and it didnt work. So obviously they will still play the way that is successful for them.

Mong

Post Whore
Your are kidding yourself. Yeah i cant stand the dragons (mainly cos i am surrounded by supporters everywhere, missus, father in law, brother in law, mother, boss and plenty of co workers support them) but there is nothing wrong with the so called cheap tactics. Have you ever played a game of league, cos it doesnt look like you have.

They play a great defensive game, absolutely nothing wrong with it, they get in front then protect the lead. Its not there fault that when this happens other teams cant get over them.

But when it happens to them, like it did yesterday, they actually started trying different things, and it didnt work. So obviously they will still play the way that is successful for them.

Last year i am positive they were close to the top fr points scored and Soward was near on leading point scorer.

I don't see why that kind of play is perceived as being boring.

They score points and win games. As a Saints fan i am happy with that, what more could a fan want from their side?

Obvously they are not going to win every week and they definately won't be the last to lose to Melbourne in Melbourne.

Last night was hardly a sign of anything except maybe how good the Storm are.

thorson1987

Coach
Last year i am positive they were close to the top fr points scored and Soward was near on leading point scorer.

I don't see why that kind of play is perceived as being boring.

They score points and win games. As a Saints fan i am happy with that, what more could a fan want from their side?

Obvously they are not going to win every week and they definately won't be the last to lose to Melbourne in Melbourne.

Last night was hardly a sign of anything except maybe how good the Storm are.

Yeah i know. I was actually defending them. There is nothing wrong with the way they play.

And what yesterday showed was that when 2 teams play the same defensive style of game it can still be very interesting.

It seems like some of the guys on here want the NRL to be more like Touch or Oztag.

Mong

Post Whore
Yeah i know. I was actually defending them. There is nothing wrong with the way they play.

I should have been more specific, that post wasn't meant to be for you it was meant for hindmarsh as a follow on to your post.

RockWheel

Bench
Wouldn't be surprised if the Dragons beat Melbourne in the finals if they play them. Don't think Bennet would be too concerned with the result yesterday.

ozjet1

good game. 1st half was an absorbing contest.

OP is a f**kwit. seems to be a few on the forum tho. some people have got nothing to do except attempt pathetic trolls.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors

And what yesterday showed was that when 2 teams play the same defensive style of game it can still be very interesting.

It seems like some of the guys on here want the NRL to be more like Touch or Oztag.
THOR, its no coincidence that you are defending them, after all it is the storm who invented this style to play with cheapy tactics. But at least the nrl turn a blind eye and allow the storm to rort the salary cap and buy one third of the australian national squad, so you have gamebreakers that can turn it on when they want to.

thorson1987

Coach
THOR, its no coincidence that you are defending them, after all it is the storm who invented this style to play with cheapy tactics. But at least the nrl turn a blind eye and allow the storm to rort the salary cap and buy one third of the australian national squad, so you have gamebreakers that can turn it on when they want to.

You don't know sh*t do you. We got them all before anyone heard of them. They became rep players while they were with us. We have kept the neucleus of our side on long term deals and continually sign no name players and turn them into possible rep players.

You seem to forget the amount of players we have had to let go to stay under the cap.

Name the one third...

stormbati

Bench

Your memory is short, you must be pretty young. The champion players you see now were nobodies 5-7 years ago.