What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm v Dragons

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How does it show we should be second favourites? We were sh*t.

Why wouldn't your be second favourites. My opinion is based on the players the storm have to come back. Your side is very well balanced except for the centre position. The storm with the plays they have to come back should be favourites but the dragons aren't to far behind.

Cletus

First Grade
What's up with Darius Boyd? Looking at his stats he's scored 2 tries in 25 games for St George, and scored 31 tries in 73 games for Brisbane. I can't believe a fullback could only score a try every 12 games.

Danish

Referee
Can someone explain why this game was so much better than the brissy roosters game?

Gould thinks this game was in a completely different league to our game, but honestly there were more errors, more misses tackles, less linebreaks.... What made it great? A short pass back inside to a fullback for a try? Kouparitsis threw almost the exact same pass to carney for the winning try without the need for a spittle tray for the commentators.

All hype and no substance from this game. I fell asleep during it it was so boring

smacky

Juniors
What's up with Darius Boyd? Looking at his stats he's scored 2 tries in 25 games for St George, and scored 31 tries in 73 games for Brisbane. I can't believe a fullback could only score a try every 12 games.

Well for Bronocs he mainly played on the wing. He has pretty much completely changed his style of play at the dragons. Going to fullback last year it took time for him to get used to it and seemed like mostly focusing on safety and positioning. This year he has taken on more of a play making role.

greeny12

Juniors
lol ... poor dragons it's a lose - lose situation.

a) You beat Melbourne today - the comments would be "Dragons have peaked too early, watch them fizzle out in straight sets come finals time"

b) You lose to Melbourne (todays situation) - the comments are - "no attack, proved how rubbish a side they really are" or the ever so famous "Dragons are a myth".

Let me guess "Hindmarshisgod"... if Parramatta were playing against Melbourne tonight it would've been a different scoreline?? fool.

Gaba

First Grade
The dragons are nothing but 17 hardworking toilers. They have no real game breakers but just do all the 1 percenters and keep the intensity which will win them games. They are boring and are a detriment to the nrl.

this is coming from a person who supports a boring one man team in hayne, who isnt a game breaker when it matters

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
TThey are just going to take up a spot in the top 8 and do nothing yet take that opportunity away from some other team that can shake the premiership.

the eels only got in the finals thanks to stephen bradbury effect and the eels took a more deserving team spot.So you shouldnt be typing

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
l

Let me guess "Hindmarshisgod"... if Parramatta were playing against Melbourne tonight it would've been a different scoreline?? fool.

The eels would have been lucky to score a point against the storm , eels would have lost by 30+

even the dragons would have kept the eels scoreless and won easily

RLS

Juniors
The game was a shocker as a spectacle.

Wayne Bennett coaches the most boring game plan in the history of the game, his side will not pass the ball until they are in the oppositions 25 meters area, so until then it is 5 rucks up and kick it, wait for a mistake down there end, and then play some footy.

Craig Bellamy was Wayne Bennetts understudy and unfortunately has adopted the same game plan. So when you have 2 teams playing the same 'let's wait for a mistake' 5 rucks up and kick game plan, you may as well only watch the last 5 minutes of the game if you want to know the score.

Personally I read the results in the paper.

Wayne's World

First Grade
The game was a shocker as a spectacle.

Wayne Bennett coaches the most boring game plan in the history of the game, his side will not pass the ball until they are in the oppositions 25 meters area, so until then it is 5 rucks up and kick it, wait for a mistake down there end, and then play some footy.

Craig Bellamy was Wayne Bennetts understudy and unfortunately has adopted the same game plan. So when you have 2 teams playing the same 'let's wait for a mistake' 5 rucks up and kick game plan, you may as well only watch the last 5 minutes of the game if you want to know the score.

Personally I read the results in the paper.

This coming from a TRUE league fan:sarcasm:
Whats wrong with what Bellamy or Bennett does, they do have 8 premierships between them. Not much i think.

Gaba

First Grade
I admitt Bellamy annoys me and i dont rate him

But if people complain they are bored with Bennett and Bellamy then why watch the games if their teams arent playing the dragons or storm

simostorm

Bench
lol ... poor dragons it's a lose - lose situation.

a) You beat Melbourne today - the comments would be "Dragons have peaked too early, watch them fizzle out in straight sets come finals time"

b) You lose to Melbourne (todays situation) - the comments are - "no attack, proved how rubbish a side they really are" or the ever so famous "Dragons are a myth".

Yea it would have been.. Storm woulda beat Parra by alot more.

thommo4pm

Coach
ohh dont tell me you put the loss down to injurys?...

honestly you had your best players on the park tonight e.g Brett Morris, Jamie Soward, the captain Ben Hornby, Matt Cooper,Luke Priddis, Ben Creagh just to name a few and who do you have out that would make the game such a big difference? Nathan Fien? :lol:
and you's still lost 17-4?

The Knights probably have one of the worst injury tolls so far this season and had a few players missing from the game when we played melbourne a couple weeks ago e.g Ben Cross, James Mcmanus, Ben Rogers, Zeb Taia and of course our captain Kurt Gidley, and we led them 14-0 at halftime only to lose 20-14 at the end.

Don't put injuries as the reason why you couldnt beat Melbourne.

Mate before you go off looking silly, read the entire conversation between myself and the other poster....I've made no excuses for losing to Melbourne and acknowledged in plenty of threads they were too good for us.
Have a look at what the other poster was saying and read what I was replying in the whole context.
Who cares about Newcastle, you are laughing at us having Nathan Fien out yet you claim Ben Rogers is injured for you....now that is a massive :lol::lol: :lol:

thommo4pm

Coach
If any other team, cronulla included, played the eels in week 1 of the finals and had possession for the first 20 minutes on the parra try line, they would have scored points.
BTW, i thought the illawarra dragons were gonna learn new attacking moves in the off season. I havent seen any yet.

Which was still good enough to beat your team. :lol:

Oh and if you think Cronulla or Easts would have beaten your team in week 1 of the finals last year, you're even dumber than I first thought.

_Johnsy

Referee
Meh, 4 weeks in and we are on 6 points.

Melbourne were very clinical and just too good yesterday. We made silly errors with the ball and took poor 5th tackle options.

I'll worry about finals if we qualify to play them. I do find it amusing that other fans are quick to lay the boot in.

Worry about your own side as there is still 22 weeks to go.

thommo4pm

Coach
and as far as I can tell Johnsy, there is only 1 side ahead of us on the table at the moment.
Not a bad effort when you consider we played teams 1, 2 & 3 from last year in the first 4 rounds....and also a team who has arguably the best player in the game as a halfback.
Lets see how many other teams get 6 points from the Eels, Dogs, Cows & Storm.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
No Ronnie, you're wrong. The dragons didn't last the season as undefeated so they're pretenders. Feel free to book that early October holiday.

LOL. Mate I always book that holiday in October, always hoping to have to reschedule.......stll hoping.