What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm will be forced to lose two more...

kal83

Juniors
if they toss up a couple of decent players they might get some takers. turner had stellar years in 2006/2007 but is now sh*t!

Nemesis

Bench
Yeah we've had some pretty sh*te wingers turn out for us in the last 2 years, I don't even remember who we've got lined up this year....SKD and Perret? With Soliola and Williamson in the centres?
I'd have SKD over Turner any day (based on last year's performance at least - 15 tries in 19 games).... plus he's 3 years younger.

and he's alot taller

Yeah we've had some pretty sh*te wingers turn out for us in the last 2 years, I don't even remember who we've got lined up this year....SKD and Perret? With Soliola and Williamson in the centres?

yeah perrett would be on the wing ... solid in defence but he's best suited roaming in open space ... i highly doubt williamson will start the season and MAUBS would have to be in the centre ... i'd have sia in the backrow on the bench and have sa in the centre with MAUBS ... if you added SKD on one wing with turner on the other then our backline just got a whole lot better ... mini or perrett at fullback to complete the set

mini is starting to get to the age where its taking a little longer to get over the injuries hes had, he's a definent talent but i reckon one more injury could be the end of him. Perrett looks like a good replacement, he is yound and has showed form, will be interesting to see where he plays this year.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd have SKD over Turner any day (based on last year's performance at least - 15 tries in 19 games).... plus he's 3 years younger.

So would I. But imo Perrett offers very little strike power in either the centres or on the wing. As for the centres, thanks Tonearm, i forgot about Maubs. Easily our best centre. Sa goes good anywhere between centre lock and second row. Williamson probably won't start but if he is as good as everyone reckons he could push either Soliola or Perrett out of FG before long...tbh neither of them give me much confidence

lol soliola is still 22 ... i keep thinking he's in his mid 20's

given perrett signed a 4 year deal i think sia will miss out in that battle

Ryan

Juniors
I'd take Turner at The Eagles. That is, of coarse, only if:-
Michael Bani
Shane Neumann
William Hopoate
David Williams
Tony Williams
&
Michael Robertson

were all injured and couldn't play 1st.

Seriously though, and jokes aside...he shouldn't be forced out of their team. The fans have affinity with players.

The game will lose its ione team legends like Menzies and co. in time. In fact, the fact that people were thinking Lockyer may go somewhere else (including the UK) is a joke.

the hazem hate isn't warranted either ... he's been one of the best defensive wingers of his time and probably the last 20/30 years ... as good as his goal kicking is he doesn't get the praise he deserves for his actual game performances

Ryan

Juniors
I agree....now Hazem I'd take at Brookvale today ! Just a classy dude on and off the park IMO

mxlegend99

Referee
And MX Id probably only have Cam, Cooper, DJ & Billy above him from 2006-2008. I'll add as well the stats show that he is actually one of the safer wingers in the game defensively. You dont believe me look em up.
I can't be bothered looking at stats... they don't tell the whole story anyway. They don't take into account that he was part of the best defensive team in the NRL, and the fact that they have dominated the last 3 seasons making his job much easier.

The few times his team has been dominated, he has looked average in defence. Greg Inglis barely slowed down as he ran over him in Origin.

miccle

Bench
Didn't Turner lead the comp in linebreaks in 07? Thats quite a feat for such a sh*t winger :roll:

LOLZ. If he created them, maybe.

With Inglis and Cronk running the ship, and running outside of Folau.. I reckon I could go close to topping the linebreak count!

Shorty

Staff member
I can't be bothered looking at stats... they don't tell the whole story anyway. They don't take into account that he was part of the best defensive team in the NRL, and the fact that they have dominated the last 3 seasons making his job much easier.

The few times his team has been dominated, he has looked average in defence. Greg Inglis barely slowed down as he ran over him in Origin.
Spot on.
LOLZ. If he created them, maybe.

With Inglis and Cronk running the ship, and running outside of Folau.. I reckon I could go close to topping the linebreak count!
Exactly.

And Noa,honey I'm sorry,but Steve Turner would be on par with Luke Covell...come on in all honesty he plays for the Melbourne Storm the most dominant and controversial team in the last 3 years.
If he was playing for any other club while probably keeping a first grade spot,he would never have made Origin and would be another no name winger.

And to say he's in the top 5 at Storm is a joke.

He's not getting offers anywhere because clubs have got players with the same capabilities who are not only younger and taller but have healthy bodies as well.

Noa

First Grade

What you really mean is they dont matter when they dont back you up.

A tackle is a tackle & in that area he doesnt miss as much as most wingers. If he was a weak link teams would target him and it would reflect in the stats.

Sure he got pwned by Inglis, but wasnt the first and wont be the last, Gasnier twice mis-reading the play though didnt help

With Inglis and Cronk running the ship, and running outside of Folau.. I reckon I could go close to topping the linebreak count

First Lol, dont kid yourself, and second who you have playing inside you doesnt have much effect on the line-break stat. Its more a indication of an individuals ability to find a gap.

And Noa,honey I'm sorry,but Steve Turner would be on par with Luke Covell...come on in all honesty he plays for the Melbourne Storm the most dominant and controversial team in the last 3 years.
If he was playing for any other club while probably keeping a first grade spot,he would never have made Origin and would be another no name winger.

Shorty dear, read the words correctly, darling, I said consistancy wise he's been one of our best over a 3 year period, honey. Talent & importance dont come into it, baby. And if 44 tries over 3 years is the average for a player now then I guess theres a lot of sh*t wingers in the game.

Your last sentence is about the only right thing youve said .........sweety.

Jamskee

Juniors
Im A Storm fan, and I think Turner is a great winger, sure he has his off game, and He isnt s0o quality thats for sure, but Hes a reliable player, and his defence doesnt worry me at all

Shorty

Staff member
Shorty dear, read the words correctly, darling, I said consistancy wise he's been one of our best over a 3 year period, honey.
Consistency wise a lot of average players would make that list....
And if 44 tries over 3 years is the average for a player now then I guess theres a lot of sh*t wingers in the game.
For the Storm!
As tries that Billy Slater,Cam Smith,Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis would have been a part of!
I guess if he gets a place in another club,it'll speak for itself.

I said honey once,you just look like a d*ckhead then...going mental because I used one word..almost like a kid that learns a new swearword:lol:

Shorty

Staff member
Cause that really has relevance to the conversation.
Nothing like looking like a complete dumb*ss on here when you go for the old team attack huh Tonearm?
Come back when you have something of substance to say.

Latest posts