What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storming in to Hobart!!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
If I was the ARLC, on the back of this result and AFL's continued ignoring of Tassie, I would go straight to Mars and offer them to become the sponsor of RL in Tasmania, guarantee two NRL games a year in Hobart with MArs branding and look to get them to sign a deal that will drive the game down there for the next 5 years. (Mars sponsored AFL bid to the tune of $12mill to no avail)

taipan

Referee
The game and crowd story was on the ABC news (7.00pm) tonight also comments from Bellamy.
Geez this is getting bigger than Dolly Parton's whatsis.:shock:

elbusto

Coach
If I was the ARLC, on the back of this result and AFL's continued ignoring of Tassie, I would go straight to Mars and offer them to become the sponsor of RL in Tasmania, guarantee two NRL games a year in Hobart with MArs branding and look to get them to sign a deal that will drive the game down there for the next 5 years. (Mars sponsored AFL bid to the tune of $12mill to no avail)
Not a terrible idea at all mate. Will consider seriously.

elbusto

Coach
The game and crowd story was on the ABC news (7.00pm) tonight also comments from Bellamy.
Geez this is getting bigger than Dolly Parton's whatsis.:shock:
I missed that. I was on local television news Friday speaking at the Storm Luncheon and I did 6 radio interviews Friday and Saturday

elbusto

Coach
Have Your Say

Latest Comments:

Well done to all the organisers & both teams for coming down. The AFL has plundered Tasmania since inception, taking away all our good players, yet pays us scant respect by not scheduling the best teams to play here, unlike the NRL has. Shame on you AFL. NRL, thank you.
Posted by: Scott Dufty of Huon valley 8:19pm today
People love North Hobart Oval.. the atmosphere is unique.. the sooner this is realised by the suits that run football in this state, the sooner NH can be redeveloped and once again host the TSL grand final and pull 15,000!!!
Posted by: Michael Hall of Moonah 6:22pm today

I'd like to see a traditional double header at Tasmania, maybe even a double header on sat and sun on the same weekend. It's pretty stupid having 7,000 crowds in Sydney pre season when we get hundreds of games per season. Give it to the bush and places like Tassie who get shafted by almost all sports

PaddyBoy

Juniors
I'd like to see a traditional double header at Tasmania, maybe even a double header on sat and sun on the same weekend. It's pretty stupid having 7,000 crowds in Sydney pre season when we get hundreds of games per season. Give it to the bush and places like Tassie who get shafted by almost all sports

Spot on. The only exception for mine was the Belmore game (and other similar concepts). Loved that, but if the Dogs play occasional games there in the future then put them all places that get none.

elbusto

Coach
Wests v Roosters got 7500 at Campbell Town. That would be acceptable in the Bush but not on a 'balmy Saturday night' on home soil!

Give them a trial in 2013, preferably double header as I said, with the view of an NRL match in 2014 then take expansion from there.

Tassie are almost the forgotten state. NRL should jump on them.

elbusto

Coach
Give them a trial in 2013, preferably double header as I said, with the view of an NRL match in 2014 then take expansion from there.

Tassie are almost the forgotten state. NRL should jump on them.
We get ths scraps mate. That is why so many Tasmanians were thrilled we got the Storm/Broncos.

I'm sure they'd support it as well. I can't understand why they get brushed and why nobody has seized on them with no football code.

While people want to expand the NRL all the way up to Gosford an entire state has almost nothing

beave

Coach
I reckon that crowd figure has opened a few eyes at NRL headquarters. They seriously need to entice the storm into playing either us or the Titans in Tassie and make it an annual event to get the locals interested in it. Showing the games at a decent hour on fta down there would also be a good start as well. Have you got any more pics Elb?????

beave

Coach
And on the expansion thing, who's to say that in 8 or so years time after some exposure of a trial game and a regular season game each year and a bit of corporate funding, Tassie becomes a reality?? 20k boutique stadium in Hobart somewhere, there would be an instant rivalry with the Storm and Warriors you would have to think? Look not trying to be a football fan on reciept of news of a Nigerian boy kicking a pigs bladder and all of a sudden claiming the joint is now turned to AFL, but small baby steps I guess and anythings a reality. There's what, 500-600k in Tassie, that is on par with the population of NQ.......... But without the bullshit travel................ Just sayin.

Elb, could be your calling mate!!!

elbusto

Coach

elbusto

Coach
If you can access that page you can see them. Otherwise make me a friend 'Justin Buster Kearney' and you can access them. The photographer did a great job for us.

elbusto

Coach
And on the expansion thing, who's to say that in 8 or so years time after some exposure of a trial game and a regular season game each year and a bit of corporate funding, Tassie becomes a reality?? 20k boutique stadium in Hobart somewhere, there would be an instant rivalry with the Storm and Warriors you would have to think? Look not trying to be a football fan on reciept of news of a Nigerian boy kicking a pigs bladder and all of a sudden claiming the joint is now turned to AFL, but small baby steps I guess and anythings a reality. There's what, 500-600k in Tassie, that is on par with the population of NQ.......... But without the bullshit travel................ Just sayin.

Elb, could be your calling mate!!!
My calling mate is to do all you have just outlined above - take the small steps and let the big ones look after themselves.

We have a long, long way to go.

elbusto

Coach
Have Your Say

Latest Comments:

Who cares about the TSL THIS article was all about the NRL! It was fantastic to see the game down here and its about time. Hopefully we will see more, not ALL people in this state only like to see AFL. Please please come back, it might inject al little more excitement into this state, tired of it being ruled by AFL!
Posted by: Andrea Smith of Hobart 9:06pm today

My calling mate is to do all you have just outlined above - take the small steps and let the big ones look after themselves.

We have a long, long way to go.

Very good platform to build from. I'd love to see Tassie in the NRL. I worked with a few Tasmanian's who all got hooked on the game when they moved up here. Tassie just needs to be welcomed

You're doing better than the other VFL team in Sydney where the game has been established for decades.

docbrown

Coach
So what's the plan for the TRL next year? Looking at any more teams or just focused on growing what you already have?

Latest posts