What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart & Australian players claim conspiracy & stitch-up

pcpp

Juniors
KANGAROOS coach Ricky Stuart was so incensed by the shock loss of his team to New Zealand in Saturday night's World Cup final he verbally attacked ARL chief executive and close friend Geoff Carr, alleging a conspiracy by tournament organisers.
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...im-rattles-carr/2008/11/23/1227375062521.html

:crazy:

SHOCK has progressed to shocker for the vanquished Australian players, who turned their guns on the World Cup officials following their defeat in Saturday night's final.

Lock Paul Gallen claimed the Australians were "stitched up", while others were highly critical of the controversial penalty try ruling by video referee Steve Ganson that took the game away from the Kangaroos.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...nger-at-referee/2008/11/23/1227375062524.html

:crazy:

supercharger

Juniors
Thats ridiculous a terrible thing to say to cast such aspersions on the organisers the referees and to undermine the effort of new zealand team.
And damage our games image is poor sportsmanship by those making the accusations i have a lot of time for the australian team but this makes me sick to the stomach i hope they have been misqouted or taken out of context.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope they throw the book at him like they did Bellamy. Those accusations are far more damaging to the game. Take it on the chin Ricky, you were out coached and out played, end of.

The Tank

Bench
Maybe another lawsuit similar to the Storm v Judiciary. How ridiculous can you get. I've lost all respect for Ricky, Gallen, and any other sore loser involved in the national team. FFS wake up to yourselves.

Patorick

Staff member
conspiracy.jpg

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
LOL @ Sticky!! Suck it up pussy!!

As for Gallen, i actually had some respect for him after last Saturday nights performance, one of only a handful of players to show some guts. After reading this....he can suck it up too.

Way to back your coach Gal.

JasonE

Bench
It really isn't a good look when every time an Australian test side or club team loses there seems to be excuses.
We should just cop it sweet.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
it seems Wayne Bennett is one man Ricky should look to! when he lost the 2005 tri-nations all he told the media was I told you this was coming (meaning the kiwis beating australia) and all Ricky Stuart can think about is himself how he got stitch up, suck it up Ricky or is your coaching record really worth more than your dignity?

Johns Magic

Referee
"Stuart is understood to have taken particular exception to a number of refereeing decisions that proved costly to his team and made accusations that an Australian loss suited the organisers and the future of the World Cup, which, up until the final, had been written off as a one-horse race after the Kangaroos' crushing defeats of the Kiwis, England, Papua New Guinea and Fiji."

At least he says what a lot of others are thinking

Maybe he should look at his own team for putting in dumb performances, did the ref tell Slater to throw the ball back like a monkey, or Monoghan to blatantly cheat, no man up Stuart and anybody else who wants to blame the ref, your team thought all they had to do was walk out on the paddock to win, arrogant sh*ts! 3 words for ya KIWI WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Godz Illa

Coach
No surprises from Stuart and Gallen here. It's Sticky's typical MO: whinge, blame, point fingers. No accountability, no ownership.

hutch

First Grade
there was no stitch up, nz had a hell of a lot of luck but were the better team, plain and simple. still dont think it was a penalty try, but it wouldnt have changed the result. there was no way that hohai was certain to get that ball, especially with slater chasing it.

Latest posts